Author Topic: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!  (Read 31735 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I *loathe* "apologies" like that that basically say, "I'm sorry YOU were offended," i.e., I'm sorry some people have some sort of character flaw as to find my obviously brilliant and hilarious comments offensive.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

That whole apology has the tone of saying "I realize I was wrong to make fun of a dead person in general, but I don't feel bad about offending gays."

Monster.  No - that would give monsters a bad name.

Oh, and I always liked Dan Abrams, but he is now my new hero.  Man, that made me feel good to hear him say "We WILL call you out on it."  And with such passion.  Love it.  And him.
No more beans!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
" "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive..."

Gee, I didn't know there was another way to take his comments..

Here, here, Milli.  We didn't "take" his comments as anti-gay and insensitive.  They are anti-gay and insensitive. 

That whole apology has the tone of saying "I realize I was wrong to make fun of a dead person in general, but I don't feel bad about offending gays."

Exactly.  And I actually wouldn't even qualify it as an apology at all.  Just a typical CYA move brought upon by public pressure.   

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
John Gibson won't be fired--unfortunately. Fox likes him just the way he is.

See this article all about Mr. Gibson here: "He's Being as Hateful as He Can," by Peter Hart (FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting, September/October 2005)

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2863

And, believe it or not, Gibson's Wikipedia entry already has been updated with his vile comments on Heath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gibson_(media_host)

Just add it to his resume.

Ugh.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator

Or, "I'm sorry you took my anti-gay jokes as anti-gay."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
John Gibson of Fox News

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Yuck. What a fugly face.

Gross.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
I've tried FOUR times Wishes, and it keeps returning it to me.

It didn't do this last night when we sent those emails notifying Keith about John Gibson's radio show. I know mine went through anyway, but for some reason it's not working tonight. And the last time I tried it, I hand typed the email address. The first three I was clicking on Phillip's link. I don't understand it.

I suspect there is a problem at NBC's mail server.  Please try again tomorrow morning.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
The folks on Morning Joe are pissed off at John Gibson.  Watch this!!!

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

injest

From New York Magazine

UPDATE, 6 p.m, January 24:

Indeed, Gibson closed out The Big Story tonight by reading an apology:

"I have received many complaints regarding my comments on my radio show about the death of Heath Ledger," he said. "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive. I am aware that Ledger has a family, and I am sorry if I offended them and those who knew him, but most of all I am sorry for the loss of a young man I understand was a fine actor and human being. Once again, to those offended by my comments, I'm sorry."

Will this be enough to keep the wolves at bay?

"And, to those that thought they were funny, I am not sorry...*wink*"

>:( >:(

but hey, he got what he wanted...publicity...

loathe these people...

injest

Re: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 01:40:11 am »
I don't know if someone else has mentioned this...but is Gibson saying that an appropriate 'cure' for homosexuality is suicide?? "He found a way to quit you"??