Author Topic: Do you think your life will change now?  (Read 24738 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Do you think your life will change now?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:05 pm »
I've just had three people die within 24 hours.  Jackie (Painted Shoes over on DCF), Heath, and my boss at work....  I'm still sortin' all this out and what it all means... 
:(
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:21 pm »
I am 28 years old and I have lost friends, relatives and acquaintances who were my age or younger.
I lost a cousin last year at 26.  I was in denial about it for weeks.  But he was truly gone.
There is no way that doesn't change you.

For me, death is always a reminder to keep things in perspective.  Always.  Nothing is promised or guaranteed and ideally, nothing should be taken for granted either.
There are so many little things we can get stuck on that keep us from living.  Petty things that we can do without.

Heath's life was short but I think he got on with it, living in the now.  I respect that.
That's the bottom line, I think.

yes, m, you are right.

there is no way things won't change.  but I think it will be an 'evolutionary' change, not a deterioration change, if that makes any sense.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 01:02:35 am »
I am 28 years old and I have lost friends, relatives and acquaintances who were my age or younger.
I lost a cousin last year at 26.  I was in denial about it for weeks.  But he was truly gone.
There is no way that doesn't change you.

For me, death is always a reminder to keep things in perspective.  Always.  Nothing is promised or guaranteed and ideally, nothing should be taken for granted either.
There are so many little things we can get stuck on that keep us from living.  Petty things that we can do without.

Heath's life was short but I think he got on with it, living in the now.  I respect that.
That's the bottom line, I think.

Beautifully stated and true, Milli!  I think these are the things I'm learning today...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 01:04:06 am »

Being here among friends is certainly a comfort.  And, that's really wonderful.  Thank goodness we can be here for each other at the moment.  I can't imagine trying to handle all the news reports, etc. on my own without BetterMost or the Brokie community as a group.
 :-*

Agreed.  Me either Amanda.  

:)  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:41 am »
Katherine, I know you meant more than this with your original question, but I just realized I'm going to watch all of Heath's movies now, even the ones (like Monster's Ball, The Order, and Candy) that I couldn't handle the first time.  I don't have the luxury of waiting for some future romantic comedy I wished for in the Heath Heath Heath thread last week.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 02:35:12 am »
Katherine, I know you meant more than this with your original question, but I just realized I'm going to watch all of Heath's movies now, even the ones (like Monster's Ball, The Order, and Candy) that I couldn't handle the first time.  I don't have the luxury of waiting for some future romantic comedy I wished for in the Heath Heath Heath thread last week.

Elle, I think watching Heath's movies is a tremendously fitting tribute to him.  Those films are truly his legacy (along with his daughter of course). And, watching, admiring and valuing the work he did in those movies I'm sure would (and always did) mean the world to him.

Watching Batman when it comes out will be hard.  Man.  But, I'll definitely go see it.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 02:49:43 am »
I think I'm still too much in shock to be able to judge how things will change.  But they surely will.

It's especially hard to predict how the Brokie community as a whole will change... forever now. :(

Being here among friends is certainly a comfort.  And, that's really wonderful.  Thank goodness we can be here for each other at the moment.  I can't imagine trying to handle all the news reports, etc. on my own without BetterMost or the Brokie community as a group.

I still remember what a wonderful experience it was after the BBQ when you, Lynne, Katherine, Clarissa, Mike, my boyfriend David and I watched Brokeback together and dissected every, fucken' inch of that movie even after having just watched it, two hours earlier. It was wonderful!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 03:00:06 am »
I still remember what a wonderful experience it was after the BBQ when you, Lynne, Katherine, Clarissa, Mike, my boyfriend David and I watched Brokeback together and dissected every, fucken' inch of that movie even after having just watched it, two hours earlier. It was wonderful!

I have so many wonderful memories of that trip.  And that viewing is certainly a great memory.  Yes, to me the simple act of watching Brokeback Mountain with good Brokie friends is one of life's pure joys. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:12:29 am »

Oscar, that was on the sublime short list of my Brokie experiences.  :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 10:46:47 am »
Oscar, that was on the sublime short list of my Brokie experiences.  :-*

Mine too, Oscar. When I think of my peak Brokie experiences, that one is in the top few.