Author Topic: Do you think your life will change now?  (Read 25023 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Do you think your life will change now?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 05:10:37 pm »
Something about this conversation made me think about other famous artists who died young, like Percy Shelley (29) and John Keats (25). I googled it and found a list on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_people_who_died_young

Heath is already on it.

:'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 05:16:59 pm »
Something about this conversation made me think about other famous artists who died young, like Percy Shelley (29) and John Keats (25). I googled it and found a list on Wikipedia.

Heath is already on it.

:'( :'( :'(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 05:18:10 pm »

{{Katherine}}  {{Amanda}}

~M

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 05:26:28 pm »

Heath is already on it.

Someone said today or even yesterday, that on wikipedia they already changed Heath's entry. I just had a look at the list Katherine posted the link to, and it hurts. I then clicked on Heath name, but shut down the site after reading the very first sentence: ...was and Academy award nominated Australian actor...

It hurts so much reading of Heath in past tense.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 05:44:16 pm »
Well the saying "make each day count" has more reasonace now with me then ever before.  Don't know if it will change my life, I'll just appreciate it more.

I'm glad Heath enjoyed much success and joy in his short life.

I nearly exploded at the video store today when I mentioned Heath Ledger and the clerk working there responded by saying "to much money and fame too soon..."

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 06:03:13 pm »
I haven't watched the movie since Heath's death yet.  But I plan to watch it this weekend.  I'm sure it will be a whole new, and extraordinary experience.  It was sad before... but now.  Geez, I think it will be incredible.

I haven't watched in more than a year. Maybe in more than a year and a half. I can't remember.

I had been thinking about watching it again. I was thinking about it on Tuesday, actually, while driving home...

At the time, I didn't realize that Heath was dead. :(  :'(

I don't think I could watch it alone, though.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 06:17:10 pm »
I haven't watched in more than a year. Maybe in more than a year and a half. I can't remember.

I had been thinking about watching it again. I was thinking about it on Tuesday, actually, while driving home...

At the time, I didn't realize that Heath was dead. :(  :'(

I don't think I could watch it alone, though.

(((Mel)))

Through it all, it is still good to see you back here.  :-*

I had planned to watch BBM this weekend. This was before the horrible news. I guess I won't do it now. I think it will be a while before I will be able to see it again.
And just in opposite to you, Mel, I will make sure to watch it alone, so I won't have to hold back whatever emotions will come up.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 07:55:56 pm »
Like some or all, be assured that I am very sad of Heath's passing.

However, it saddens me to read that some will not see the BM movie or Annie's story... it seems nor study those.

To me, I will respect Heath since he had the guts to do Ennis, and therefore, talk more about brilliant role he did for us all here on Earth!! Since that is his humanity he wanted to league to us all, I feel!!

Heath could have refused the role, like most so-called men would have; so He prays us for being what-we-are: LOVE like he was for himself and for us all too!!

Hugs!!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »
Sure enough. The emphasis in my comment was really supposed to be on the "argument" part. What I had in mind particularly when I initially wrote that were some of the very emphatic differences of opinion over subjects such as the extent of Ennis's internalized homophobia, or when he came to understand that he really loved Jack, for example.

The idea of continuing to argue over subjects such as that, when the actor who so fully brought the character to life has died so tragically, seems irrelevant and just does not sit well with me.

I agree with you Jeff, the feeling of "arguing" just doesn't seem right.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 11:37:02 pm »
I really think continuing to ponder, admire, discuss, etc. Brokeback is very key to honoring Heath's legacy.  It's his masterpiece.  I'm sure he would want serious consideration of Brokeback to continue.

I really don't believe it's "disrespectful" at all to continue to discuss Ennis and Jack.  In fact, I think it's quite the opposite.

It seems to me that Heath would want to know that Brokeback/Ennis is a type-of vehicle for immortalizing him.  I think artists always want their art to carry on.

I feel really strongly about this.

I actually think the notion of moving away from discussing Jack and Ennis is really depressing.  Following Heath's death, it really is my feeling that we should continue to honor those characters and continue to recognize how important Heath's role was in producing this amazing work of art.

I couldn't agree with you more!