Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186818 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2008, 12:56:42 pm »
Meryl, the thought of copyright for the picture has crossed my mind too.

Perhaps you could ask your friend the Perth-based journo about this - I'm sure pepple in her profession come across the matter of using images of unknown origin quite often and know the drill.

Or are there anyone here on BM with professional knowledge of such matters?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2008, 01:48:43 pm »
Meryl, if using this picture would pose a problem, how about we use the one Mouk took 'up on Brokeback'?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2008, 01:50:56 pm »
Meryl, if using this picture would pose a problem, how about we use the one Mouk took 'up on Brokeback'?

What a great idea!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2008, 01:57:28 pm »

Perfect Fabienne! That would be extremely personal and meaningful if there are copyright issues about the other photos. I know it wouldn't really matter, but I wonder if the significance of the location would be lost on the family. Nonetheless, we all would certainly know...

I just love how Mouk found this one, 'untouched' corner of the world as a tribute to Heath/Ennis
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2008, 01:58:48 pm »
Mouk's picture is beautiful, but I think I'd much rather use a nice picture of Heath.  It would  resonate more with the family, too, don't you think?

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2008, 02:19:52 pm »
Mouk's picture is beautiful, but I think I'd much rather use a nice picture of Heath.  It would  resonate more with the family, too, don't you think?

Sure enough Meryl. The Heath picture is great and if we could use it, we certainly should. I hope we can. But on the other hand, if we had to choose between 'no picture' or Mouk's picture, i'd certainly prefer the last.

I know it wouldn't really matter, but I wonder if the significance of the location would be lost on the family. Nonetheless, we all would certainly know...

I just love how Mouk found this one, 'untouched' corner of the world as a tribute to Heath/Ennis

I agree, a little explanation would be necessary maybe something like 'a floral tribute up on Brokeback'? Just a thought.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2008, 02:23:13 pm »
John,

I just wanted to say how lovely it is to see you here - Jenny and Meryl have ofcourse given us updates since you took ill back almost 2 years ago, & you have been on yourself intermittently and I know its hard for you to write and read on the computer. I guess thats testament to how much you think of heath and us that you are here just now. I just wanted to say again how good it is to see ya bud.  :-*

Kelda speaks for me too.  Nobody get jealous, but you have always been so special to me, John.  Love, Clarissa

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2008, 02:30:05 pm »
Someone asked about a link to the picture in the forefront (regarding the one we were thinking of sending with our tribute). I don't know if this is the absolute original source of this photo, but the following article hosts the picture and there is a photo credit beneath the picture:

Heath Ledger Is a Dad
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/dailydish/2005/11/01/ga_dish_ledger175x277.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail%3Fblogid%3D7%26entry_id%3D1569&h=277&w=175&sz=10&hl=en&start=391&sig2=XiGPWiH2QB-WjWYfLh4Baw&tbnid=B6ay3A9Xk2UoSM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=72&ei=LMycR8qEMIO4iAGF6o2SBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2Bheath%2BOR%2Bledger,%2BOR%2Bheath%26start%3D378%26imgtype%3Dface%26as_st%3Dy%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

Yikes, that's a long URL. I agree, a brief explanation of Mouk's photo would need to accompany it if we decide to use that one, or can't use the copyrighted photo for some reason.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2008, 02:35:15 pm »
Someone asked about a link to the picture in the forefront (regarding the one we were thinking of sending with our tribute). I don't know if this is the absolute original source of this photo, but the following article hosts the picture and there is a photo credit beneath the picture:

Heath Ledger Is a Dad
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/dailydish/2005/11/01/ga_dish_ledger175x277.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail%3Fblogid%3D7%26entry_id%3D1569&h=277&w=175&sz=10&hl=en&start=391&sig2=XiGPWiH2QB-WjWYfLh4Baw&tbnid=B6ay3A9Xk2UoSM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=72&ei=LMycR8qEMIO4iAGF6o2SBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2Bheath%2BOR%2Bledger,%2BOR%2Bheath%26start%3D378%26imgtype%3Dface%26as_st%3Dy%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D21%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

Yikes, that's a long URL. I agree, a brief explanation of Mouk's photo would need to accompany it if we decide to use that one, or can't use the copyrighted photo for some reason.

That's not the picture in question, Chris.  It's this:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2008, 02:38:15 pm »
Update on contributions:

15 donations received at PayPal totalling $563.00.  Three on the way via mail.

Silly question probably but is there a set amount that people are donating, or is it whatever you want?