Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188508 times)

mvansand76

Re: Is there any way....
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 01:51:32 pm »
I'm in contact with a friend from Live Journal who lives and works in Perth.  She has offered to put a notice in the paper for us and find out where to send flowers.  She is also willing to pay for it and let us reimburse her.

Shall we go ahead with this?  Let me know what you think we should say in the notice.

This is fantastic, Meryl, thank you so much! Great of you to PM Phillip about this. I definitely think we should go ahead with this. I have to make dinner now, but will check back later here...  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 01:52:15 pm »
I'm in contact with a friend from Live Journal who lives and works in Perth.  She has offered to put a notice in the paper for us and find out where to send flowers.  She is also willing to pay for it and let us reimburse her.

Shall we go ahead with this?  Let me know what you think we should say in the notice.

Yes! Yes please. It's a great idea.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 05:00:28 pm »
This is a wonderful idea. I'm just blown away by what this community has created in response to Heath's death. So beautiful. I feel like I'm here only peripherally, but I come and lurk, and I am full of appreciation for everything - for Philip's news updates, and the fact that .. was it Meryl and John? Sorry if I'm getting the names wrong.. went to building and left a card. I keep feeling like I want to 'do something', and then running into all the distance that seems to prevent that, but coming here, where things ARE being done, is amazingly soothing.

{{{{Bettermostians}}}}

And if it comes to pitching in to pay for an ad, I would love to contribute. I'll keep checking back.

xo m.

(((malina)))

Greatidea Wishes and meryl
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 05:05:04 pm »
(((malina)))

Greatidea Wishes and meryl

{{{{{everybody}}}}}

Have you heard back from Phillip, Meryl?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 05:05:25 pm »
Absolutely! This is a spark of good news.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 06:24:48 pm »
It's being reported that the DC forum is taking out an ad next week in VARIETY to honer Heath Ledger.  I thought this was a nice gesture.  I saw it posted on IMDB.com
================================================================
 GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40   1 hour ago (Fri Jan 25 2008 12:40:03)  Ignore this User | Report Abuse 

UPDATED Fri Jan 25 2008 12:45:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An ad has been drafted and will be placed in Variety next week to honor Heath Ledger.

To read more about the project click here click here:

http://www.davecullen.com/forum/index.php
Look for the words Variety Ad in blue letters in the upper right and click there.

The Ultimate Brokeback Forum previously raised funds and placed a full page ad thanking the cast and crew for their work on Brokeback Mountain after the March 2006 Academy Awards.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 07:53:53 pm »
I think it'd be nice.

Especially in Perth.  I don't mean to dis anyone's ideas, but I don't get what putting something in Variety would accomplish.  For the Oscar snub, it made sense.  But for this?  Does Heath's family get home delivery of Variety? 

Again, I'm just speaking my initial thoughts, I'm not trying to be disrespectful.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 08:19:26 pm »

I think Meryl and Mel's idea is super.  Jstephens9  and i have been discussing this kind of
thing and i think that is the best one ive heard mentioned.....Yes yes lets do that....Bettermost and
Respect for Heath

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 08:23:23 pm »
I think it'd be nice.

Especially in Perth.  I don't mean to dis anyone's ideas, but I don't get what putting something in Variety would accomplish.  For the Oscar snub, it made sense.  But for this?  Does Heath's family get home delivery of Variety? 

Again, I'm just speaking my initial thoughts, I'm not trying to be disrespectful.

Clarissa, and everyone, respectfully, I agree.

I saw that it cost $4000 to place the ad and they raised the money in 24 hours. That's great and I am glad that they were happy and excited about that. But in my mind, I think that money could have been put to better use. I am sure Heath had charitable causes he supported.

My 2 cents and other folks may disagree with me, and that's fine. If this post is out of line, feel free to delete it, I won't be offended.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 08:27:21 pm »
leslie,

just wanted to thank you for the perth newspaper link

Bel
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."