Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188988 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2008, 03:04:34 pm »
First of all, I really want to thank Meryl and Peachy so much for all of their work on this. I am so glad to see this take project take off and become a reality. It's wonderful. And then I want to thank Mouk for making that trek through the snow to leave the memorial of Spring flowers near the campsite in Alberta. I am now so glad that photo will be used. At first I thought the photo of Heath would be perfect (and it is a wonderful photo), but after thinking more about it the whole symbolism expressed by the Spring flowers truly means a lot. I agree with underdown in an earlier post that it does seem "to say that BetterMost is now more than a tribute to BBM, to it's members, , also a memorial (or tribute) to Heath." I believe that his family will see this connection and that it will mean a lot to them.

I also want to thank the members of BetterMost and I sure am glad I can count myself as a member of a wonderful group of people.

Jack

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »
Meryl, have we covered the cost of the add and an estimated $100 for the flowers?

PS - I LOVE LOVE LOVE that we did this - thankyou to Meryl, Peachy and Mouk

(Mouk, your picture is currently my screensaver - its so beautiful)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2008, 03:21:18 pm »

I also want to thank the members of BetterMost and I sure am glad I can count myself as a member of a wonderful group of people.

*hug*

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2008, 03:21:58 pm »
My knees are shaking.......I HAVE SENT THE MONEY......I have a paypal account.....Ifeel like I have climbed Mount Everest.....I hate doing things like these but for the love of BBM..and to honor Heath.....out of respect for his family....IT IS DONE.....

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2008, 03:46:41 pm »

(Mouk, your picture is currently my screensaver - its so beautiful)
Mine too!!!!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2008, 04:18:57 pm »

I second that Jack.

mvansand76

« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2008, 04:20:47 pm »
My knees are shaking.......I HAVE SENT THE MONEY......I have a paypal account.....Ifeel like I have climbed Mount Everest.....I hate doing things like these but for the love of BBM..and to honor Heath.....out of respect for his family....IT IS DONE.....

Berit

{{{{{{BERIT}}}}}}

:-* :-* :-*

I can't believe that I started this thread only 6 days ago and see what Meryl and Peachy did in those six days... I can't believe it, it makes tears well up in my eyes to think of it.

Thank you Meryl for your genius idea and thank you Peachy for making it all work.... And Mouk, that picture of the campsite is so extraordinarily beautiful, I'm so happy it will be in the paper with the memorial....

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2008, 04:55:27 pm »
Mine too!!!!  ;D

I always knew we were phsycic sisters!  ;D :-* (PS - I'm PMing you)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2008, 05:04:59 pm »
Thank you Snavel......and a big hug to you too.....I'm so happy to have you all at Bettermost now when things got so sad.....

I hope so much that the Ledger family will have some privacy so they can lay their beloved son to rest in a way that will help them in the future.

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2008, 05:12:47 pm »
I always knew we were phsycic sisters!  ;D :-* (PS - I'm PMing you)

Guuuurrrllll you know it!  :-*
I answered! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"