Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188431 times)

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #270 on: January 30, 2008, 12:51:42 am »
Nice suggestions!  The Australian Theatre Youth Productions at at http://www.atyp.com.au/page/JtXsnfuYUm, the WA Youth Theatre Company and Barking Gecko are potential groups.  I believe they all receive some government support and funds from Lotterywest, but would accept private donations.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48:49 am »
Thank you everyone for making this happen.  :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #272 on: January 30, 2008, 01:53:40 am »
For all our Aussie members, Phillip has started a thread in this forum for Aussies who might decide to visit BetterMost when they read our condolence notice in the Perth paper.

If any of you online right now (I see Kerry and Peachy) want to do that, will you PM Phillip?  He's going to be online for another hour, and he'd like to get it done before he has to hit the hay.  :)

Thanks!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #273 on: January 30, 2008, 02:17:34 am »
His old acting teacher from high school (is that what it's called in Australia) has been interviewed.  Maybe she would have a suggestion.

I had this thought that we could buy harmonicas for Perth school kids or sumpn.

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Sending group condolences and flowers to Australia
« Reply #274 on: January 30, 2008, 02:18:48 am »
Just a though here. What if we take the extra monies and set up a scholarship fund in Heath's name at a Performing Arts school? So when his B-day rolls around we can contribute more into the fund.

On this other fan based site for a Canadian actor ,in lieu of cards and gifts,we have been doing this for several years and the actor, school, and student is very appreciative of the gesture.
Here is  something that I sugessted a while back.

You are right Heath didn't attend an acting school, so maybe wecan create a fund in his name at his school Guildford Grammer School to help a student's boarding fees. I found this on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_Grammar_School    He is listed on their Notable Alumni list.

I found this little tidbit about one of Heath's ancestors:
The Sir Frank Ledger Charitable Trust, named after Heath's great-grandfather, was renowned for granting funds to the area's universities, paying for visiting lecturers and scholarships for gifted students.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:42 am »
Good morning all Brookies out there!

I'm impressed! Thank you all for all your work and time you spent to make this happen! I really like the thought to give the rest of the money to something that the Ledger family would recommend, after all they knew Heath best.....

I'm also sending a thought of gratitude to they who made the Internet possible! Those people really made the world smaller in a positive way  :).Without them I never had met all of you.... :-*

Berit, starting her day......
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2008, 02:29:05 am »
Here is  something that I sugessted a while back.

You are right Heath didn't attend an acting school, so maybe wecan create a fund in his name at his school Guildford Grammer School to help a student's boarding fees. I found this on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_Grammar_School    He is listed on their Notable Alumni list.

I found this little tidbit about one of Heath's ancestors:
The Sir Frank Ledger Charitable Trust, named after Heath's great-grandfather, was renowned for granting funds to the area's universities, paying for visiting lecturers and scholarships for gifted students.

We have a family photo around here that includes Frank Ledger and Heath at about age 6.  I titled it "The Brown and Tan Family" at the time, because all four males (four generations) were wearing Ennisian colors.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2008, 03:03:31 am »
Peachy has sent me another view showing our notice in context on the page.  It is really moving to see it there among the other notices.

I just got here with great anticipation. It's wonderful, moving, very personal. Thank you, thank you.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2008, 03:14:50 am »
It's great!  Thank you all!!  I just got home late and will catch upon thread tomorrow.

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2008, 03:21:54 am »
Thanks to Sue/Katie77 for giving me text better than my own to insert into our special welcome thread for Aussies coming our way.  Be sure to check out the thread and send your welcomes and hellos as well.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming