Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186822 times)

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2008, 01:10:35 am »
Welcome Bec,
I too am new to this community and I have to say that these folks are the best!

I want to say a big thank you Meryl, Snavel , Peachy and everyone that was involved with this wonderful and beautiful condolence message. I say go for it for the second run of the message and flowers.

I think donating the extra monies to a charity that Heath supports like children with AIDS is a wonderful idea. I've been donating to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS for a while now because of another Aussie Hugh Jackman.
Maybe we could still donated a small amount to a childrens performing arts program.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

mvansand76

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:52 am »
i just wanted to say that the notice in the paper was absolutely beautiful.
well done to all who made it happen.
this is my first ever post on any type of message board/forum/site, i'm usually the quite one that sits back and reads and never knows what to write. But after reading the post on IMDB ( containing the link to here a site i never new existed), the entire 32 pages of this thred and then with the warm welcome message to new Aussie members. i felt i had to express how moved i was by the way every one came together to show they cared.
xx :)

Welcome Bec... Hope you find what you are looking for here.... Let one of us know if you have any questions, OK?

:-*

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2008, 04:50:19 am »
i just wanted to say that the notice in the paper was absolutely beautiful.
well done to all who made it happen.
this is my first ever post on any type of message board/forum/site, i'm usually the quite one that sits back and reads and never knows what to write. But after reading the post on IMDB ( containing the link to here a site i never new existed), the entire 32 pages of this thred and then with the warm welcome message to new Aussie members. i felt i had to express how moved i was by the way every one came together to show they cared.
xx :)

I also want to say welcome to bettermost Bec, and thank you for the kind words...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2008, 05:50:29 am »
Thank you all again for the welcoming.
this is such a lovely site I'm surprised and sadened i didn't find it before now.
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2008, 05:56:10 am »
Welcome bec, to a truly wonderful place.......

Berit, living in Sweden  :D
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2008, 06:37:49 am »
Hi Bec, nice to know ya!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2008, 12:42:36 pm »
Morning, bec, and fellow Brokies!  It's in the wee hours in Perth now (they're 14 hours ahead of NY time), but hopefully Peachy will check in today to report on the notice appearing in the Saturday paper.  8)

Update:  34 PayPal donations totaling $1,201.15.  Two via mail totaling $45.00, four more on the way.

Grand Total = $1,246.15

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

mvansand76

« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

Update:  34 PayPal donations totaling $1,201.15.  Two via mail totaling $45.00, four more on the way.

Grand Total = $1,246.15

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.

Yeeeeehaaawwwww!  :-*

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »
Tell you what...

I started to feel a little better, and this thread has been the cause.  I have felt as if I've been working towards something, waiting on the notice, discussing flowers, waiting on the Saturday notice, reading everyone's reactions, talking about what charities etc, etc. 

We've all been 'kept busy', but when he's laid to rest, it's going to be so hard.  Can we pick charities a wee while from now?  It will give us an opportunity to do something for him even although the rest of the world is moving on.

I think others are realising this and that is why there are other discussions going on about sending cards to Jake, Michelle etc.  We all want to be involved and I would prefer to make a decision on a charity when the grief is less raw.  We would also have more money to donate. 

mvansand76

« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2008, 03:26:03 pm »
Everybody,

I was reading Michelle's statement on another thread and I was wondering if we could maybe place an obituary in which we pay our respects to her and Matilda in a New York paper? God, it just broke my heart to read her statement
What do you all think?

Mel