Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186875 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Sending group condolences and flowers to Australia
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 11:30:19 pm »
Elle, I just wrote a note in the Banner forum asking you to link to this.  :)

You may be right about waiting, but I think people will probably be leaving messages in the bereavement section of the Perth paper for the next week or so at least.  The family will probably collect the papers and keep them together to read later.  However, if we want to send flowers, the time is now to collect money.  My friend will be able to find out when the service is and get the flowers over there.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Is there any way....
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 11:32:28 pm »
 To me there is absolutely no hurry with this.  

This is an excellent point - you're exactly right, there does not need to be a rush to get something to the family. It might be more timely to wait until some of the frenzy has died down. Who knows, the family might not even be able to think about reading cards and tributes from fans and well-wishers right now. In general, sometimes people rush to console others when a loved one has died, and then a few months later, the family is all but forgotten. Not saying this would happen in this case, but perhaps a well-timed and thoughtful tribute would mean more. It's definitely a thought.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 11:32:46 pm »
That's beautiful Meryl, you captured the sentiments perfectly. What do you, or anyone else think of personalizing the tribute with photos from some of our gatherings (and a picture of Heath)?

For example, the following montage was spliced from photos on the forum and sent to Rodney when he was sick: 

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,12738.msg259662.html#msg259662

My thought is that it would personalize the tribute - it would reflect that we are real people who really care and are extremely saddened by Heath's passing. I guess one disadvantage is that not every person in our community would be represented. 

I wonder if we could e-mail a montage to my friend and have her include it with the flowers?  I was thinking if we put a pic in the paper, it would need to be smaller, or am I wrong?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:34 pm »
Count me in. I may be off line-ish for the next few days so I would sincerely appreciate it if someone would send me a PM with the details when we have them.

Thanks buds

Heathen

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 11:35:48 pm »
I wonder if we could e-mail a montage to my friend and have her include it with the flowers?  I was thinking if we put a pic in the paper, it would need to be smaller, or am I wrong?

No, I think you're correct about keeping the size small, and keeping it simple.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 06:05:20 am »
Count me in.
Meryl, I love your words. There's a reason you are our High Priestess. But I never would have thought you'd have to accomplish such a sad deed. I love your contributions on the Cult thread. To think it started all out of fun... but it somehow grew into more than that over time. And now this  :'(
(Sorry to be a little OT here, I'll add my thoughts about details later. I'm having a really bad day today. Worse than yesterday)

:'(

mvansand76

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2008, 06:18:43 am »
Count me in.
Meryl, I love your words. There's a reason you are our High Priestess. But I never would have thought you'd have to accomplish such a sad deed. I love your contributions on the Cult thread. To think it started all out of fun... but it somehow grew into more than that over time. And now this  :'(
(Sorry to be a little OT here, I'll add my thoughts about details later. I'm having a really bad day today. Worse than yesterday)

:'(

{{{{{CHRISSI}}}}}}

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008, 07:18:08 am »
I like Meryl's idea but also waiting a few days to like Elle said - perhaps for the funeral date or a few daya after? is a good compromise? I'm guessing it'll be about another week.... ?

And (((Chrissi)))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 07:45:08 am »
The men and women of bettermost.net
extend our heartfelt condolences to the family
and friends of Heath Ledger.  We love and
respect Heath and thank him for the spirit
of positive change he has inspired in our lives.
He will always live in our hearts.

Meryl, I think that's perfect.

I'll be happy to contribute to this. Sending condolences to the family in a heartfelt, low-key manner feels like the right thing to do. I'd like to contribute, financially that is. I feel somewhat at a loss at coming up with ideas that could improve what has already been suggested here. I'm grateful for the Australian LJ connection.

mvansand76

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008, 09:04:51 am »
The men and women of bettermost.net
extend our heartfelt condolences to the family
and friends of Heath Ledger.  We love and
respect Heath and thank him for the spirit
of positive change he has inspired in our lives.
He will always live in our hearts.

That's beautiful, Meryl.

One thing. Should it not be "The men and women of bettermost.net extend their heartfelt condolences?

Thank you....  :-*