Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188697 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #410 on: February 08, 2008, 02:31:59 am »

and to Mouk, who took the picture!

To moukie!  :)

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #411 on: February 09, 2008, 01:16:41 am »
Again, I thank Meryl, Peachy, Kerry, Mouk, and Chris for doing such a beautiful job for our beloved Heath and the picture, the wreath, and the comforting words were awesome.  :)

I also want to thank fellow Brokies:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BROKIES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

As for the funeral  :'(  Rest In Peace dear Heath.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 09, 2008, 03:38:26 am »

I've just been watching the Saturday evening news here in Sydney and they reported that following the memorial service for Heath, he was cremated at Fremantle Cemetery, where only 10 members of the immediate family attended.

For those of you who are concerned that perhaps the BetterMost floral tribute went to the wrong address, Fremantle Cemetery is administered by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board, who also administer Karrakatta Cemetery.

When I placed my order with Interflora, I explained to them that I did not know exactly when the funeral would take place. They took contact particulars for the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board from me, including their phone number, and explained to me that they would liaise with them to ascertain the exact date of the funeral to ensure that my flowers would be delivered to the right place at the right time. They specifically advised me that they would phone me if there was any difficulty with the delivery.

Interflora has an excellent reputation here in Australia. As I have not heard from them, I can only assume that my delivery went through successfully. I will, however, be phoning them some time in the next couple of days, to ensure that my tribute was delivered successfully.

I am sure that any floral tributes being delivered by Interflora, including those from BetterMost, arranged by Peachy, would receive the same treatment and be redirected accordingly.

I am guessing that though Heath was cremated at Fremantle, it is likely that his remains will still be interred at Karrakatta, with his grandparents. I have no way of knowing this for sure, at this point of time. Full particulars, I expect,  will be revealed in time.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #413 on: February 09, 2008, 03:50:09 am »
I've just been watching the Saturday evening news here in Sydney and they reported that following the memorial service for Heath, he was cremated at Fremantle Cemetery, where only 10 members of the immediate family attended.

For those of you who are concerned that perhaps the BetterMost floral tribute went to the wrong address, Fremantle Cemetery is administered by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board, who also administer Karrakatta Cemetery.

When I placed my order with Interflora, I explained to them that I did not know exactly when the funeral would take place. They took contact particulars for the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board from me, including their phone number, and explained to me that they would liaise with them to ascertain the exact date of the funeral to ensure that my flowers would be delivered to the right place at the right time. They specifically advised me that they would phone me if there was any difficulty with the delivery.

Interflora has an excellent reputation here in Australia. As I have not heard from them, I can only assume that my delivery went through successfully. I will, however, be phoning them some time in the next couple of days, to ensure that my tribute was delivered successfully.

I am sure that any floral tributes being delivered by Interflora, including those from BetterMost, arranged by Peachy, would receive the same treatment and be redirected accordingly.

I am guessing that though Heath was cremated at Fremantle, it is likely that his remains will still be interred at Karrakatta, with his grandparents. I have no way of knowing this for sure, at this point of time. Full particulars, I expect,  will be revealed in time.

{{{KERRY}}}

Poor Heath!!!  :'(  :'(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #414 on: February 09, 2008, 04:59:14 am »
Thank you for the update, Kerry.  They did well to keep that secret.  Oh dear, it's so final.  :( 

Edit: Oh, I see the memorial service was at Penrhos College.  Choppers and media everywhere, obviously from the news.  Good of Cate Blanchett to go.
And as the news reporter said, he was surrounded by friends today... 

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #415 on: February 09, 2008, 05:34:18 am »

My God it breaks your heart to read this.....he,s been cremated already, he,s really gone.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #416 on: February 09, 2008, 05:44:00 am »
My God it breaks your heart to read this.....he,s been cremated already, he,s really gone.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I agree....it's so FINAL!  Our dear Sweet HEATH....is gone!!  It STILL seems unreal to me.
He'll ALWAYS sit  lightly inside our hearts. 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #417 on: February 09, 2008, 05:45:57 am »
Hey Meryl and Mel, I wonder if we should update the title of this thread to reflect where we're at now?

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2008, 06:13:32 am »
"Cremated" - such a very final word. It hit me hard. Nothing left now, except memories and images and films.

:'(

*sigh*

Thank you Kerry for explaining about the wreath of flowers and that it probably found its way to the right place despite the earlier semi-public info being inaccurate. Is there any way to be sure?

I suppose it's time to decide where our donation should go. Being so far from either NYC or Australia I have little specific input as to relevant charities, but as before I think the donation should go to something to do with kids who need support, either due to ill health or to develop their gift of creativity.

I was wondering whether there might be some way of donating to an organization working to improve the lives of Australian indigenous (aboriginal) kids. From the (far too) little I know some or many of them live in quite poor conditions.They are Heath's fellow countrymen...He was uneasy with the superficial glitz and glamour of Hollywood - well, they live their lives as far from that as it's possible to get....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2008, 06:16:34 am »

I suppose it's time to decide where our donation should go. Being so far from either NYC or Australia I have little specific input as to relevant charities, but as before I think the donation should go to something to do with kids who need support, either due to ill health or to develop their gift of creativity.

I was wondering whether there might be some way of donating to an organization working to improve the lives of Australian indigenous (aboriginal) kids. From the (far too) little I know some or many of them live in quite poor conditions.They are Heath's fellow countrymen...He was uneasy with the superficial glitz and glamour of Hollywood - well, they live their lives as far from that as it's possible to get....

I like this.  What if we give to an organization in Perth, and to an organization in Brooklyn?  And maybe to a gay youth organization in Wyoming?