Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186809 times)

mvansand76

Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #500 on: February 18, 2008, 01:35:10 pm »
Have any decisions been made on the flowers? Are we still going to send them on his birthday, at least this year?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #501 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:20 pm »
Have any decisions been made on the flowers? Are we still going to send them on his birthday, at least this year?

No decision yet, Melissa.  I'm hoping Kerry will be able to find out for sure where Heath's resting place is so we can send our belated flowers. 

As for the birthday flowers, I think the consensus is that we make that a separate effort.  Maybe in March someone can start a thread asking for contributions for that.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2008, 01:44:25 am »
No decision yet, Melissa.  I'm hoping Kerry will be able to find out for sure where Heath's resting place is so we can send our belated flowers. 

As for the birthday flowers, I think the consensus is that we make that a separate effort.  Maybe in March someone can start a thread asking for contributions for that.

As someone who suggested we make future birthday flowers a separate effort, I actually feel good about using some of the donations so far for this year's birthday.   Either way works for me for this year's birthday flowers - either using what we already have, or taking up a separate collection. 

I guess I thought this year's birthday flowers were a given, since we originally donated the money for flowers and the condolence notice, and any extra to go to one or more favorite charities of Heath's.  Since we did not wind up sending the condolence flowers, we still have that amount available.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2008, 02:25:13 am »
I guess I thought this year's birthday flowers were a given, since we originally donated the money for flowers and the condolence notice, and any extra to go to one or more favorite charities of Heath's.  Since we did not wind up sending the condolence flowers, we still have that amount available.

That's what I thought too.

yb

« Reply #504 on: February 19, 2008, 02:43:29 am »

I thought so, too.

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #505 on: February 19, 2008, 07:33:39 am »
I haven't been on here for a few weeks but have been catching up on some of the posts i missed. While reading the last 15 pages on this thread i had tears in my eyes . it still amazes me how thoughtful and caring every one on here is.
I am glad that Kerry and Verona's flower tributes seem to of been delivered ok, so sorry Peachy that you had trouble placing the other order but you and every one else has done a remarkable job so far  :-*.
I love the idea of sending flowers or something to honor Heath's birthday.

Quote from: jstephens9 on 04-02-2008, 04:09:17
Bec, where did you get the picture of Heath that you are using for your avatar? I don't think I have that picture and it is a GREAT one.

Not sure if you still wanted to know where i got the pic from since it's been awhile but i just realized i got it at IMDB but for some reason i cant get any of the pictures of heath to load (Probably just my temperamental computer) so i don't know which of the 5 pages it's on, but it's there somewhere
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #506 on: February 19, 2008, 12:38:55 pm »
I guess I thought this year's birthday flowers were a given, since we originally donated the money for flowers and the condolence notice, and any extra to go to one or more favorite charities of Heath's. 

That's what I thought too - and this is what I'd like us to do if we can only find out where to send the flowers.

Perhaps, if we cannot find it out, there's a possibility to ask the one of the BM members who lives closest to Perth to  buy a wreath and float it from the beach (you all know which one). That would also be a lovely gesture of remembrance IMO.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #507 on: February 19, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »
I agree with this plan-- birthday flowers this year, either to the cemetary or at Cottlesloe Beach.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #508 on: February 19, 2008, 04:04:21 pm »
I thought so too.......that the flowers were a done deal this year.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2008, 02:34:17 pm »
Although the birthday flowers were not originally intended to be a part of this fund, it seems to be the popular sentiment that we should take out money for that purpose this year.

I suggest that we postpone giving flowers at all until Heath's birthday on April 4, since it isn't all that far away and we haven't been able to ascertain exactly where his resting place is so far.  I can have Peachy send back the flower money to me, and at the proper time I can contact Interflora and have them delivered, since it's not necessary to be local to do that.

Let me know your opinions on this, especially if you still feel strongly that we should send flowers now.

In the meantime, everyone who contributed or still means to contribute should vote in the narrowed-down poll: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17551.0.html
Ich bin ein Brokie...