Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46491 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:56:32 pm »
What's irritating about that is I don't see the press seeming to have a need for statements from any of his other recent co-stars.  What about Christian Bale?  He *just* worked with him.  Or Sienna Miller?  Matt Damon?  Abby Cornish?

I thought it was nice that Ang Lee made a statement, and appropriate.

As for Mel Gibson - he has to be removed from the spotlight with his teethmarks in it, so I don't give his much credo.
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:21:54 pm »
I'm kind of finding these various media stories focusing on Jake being Matilda's godfather and hence "rushing to aid Michelle with Matilda" rather annoying. They seem to be based on hearsay, old interviews and pure speculation. Also , they (as well as this media pressure for Jake to make a statement - my God, what could he say? We know what he must be feeling! Do they need to hear him, or see him, put his grief on display?  :-\ ) seem to put unnecessary and unfair pressure on Jake concerning how he's expected to behave "in public". And they seem to indicate that  Michelle Williams, who looks to me to be a very capable woman, is not able to raise her own child with the help and support, as and when required, of her own family and near friends - and of a new life partner when/if that time comes for her.

I don't know how much contact Jake kept with Heath and Michelle after the Brokeback intensity died down once the Academy Awards were history - I'm sure they kept in touch but they did live on opposite sides of the country and had busy schedules in their respective lives. However that was, I wouldn't expect Jake to be the obvious person to have an everyday hand in Matilda's life and upbringing. Godfather or no.

~~

I posted over in the Heath Heath Heath thread about what Heath's death means for Jake in terms of Jake having to "represent" both Jack and Ennis going forward, so I won't repeat that here.

What Mikaela said.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 10:28:34 pm »

I certainly don't want to see Jake's grief put on display.  And, I don't think he should feel rushed to make any kind of statement... and he should be allowed to deal with this tragedy in his own way and at his own pace.

That said... I feel like I'm waiting for him to come forward.  I almost can't help it.

It may be somewhat illogical, but I really am.  Somehow I feel like it will be a comfort to hear from Jake and I think it's important.  Maybe it will happen in a week, a month or a year.  But, I hope he does do or say something.  It may be a selfish hope, but I'll be honest and say that I *know* deep down that I would truly love to hear from Jake.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 10:32:11 pm »
Do you think he might be able to go to the funeral? I hope he gets to go and be there with Heath's family.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 11:01:04 pm »
Here's something I came across when I googled.  It's hardly what I'd call reliable, but it may be true:

http://babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/archive/2008/01/24/jake-gyllenhaal-devastated-over-heath-ledger-s-death.aspx

Jake Gyllenhaal, who was close to Heath Ledger, is reportedly too distraught to even speak about the death of his friend.  Gyllenhaal co-starred with Ledger in Brokeback Mountain and is godfather to his 2-year-old daughter Matilda Rose.

Gyllenhaal is in New Mexico shooting the film Brothers and has declined any requests to make a statement to the media. Although production has not been shut down on the film, the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired to ensure Gyllenhaal's privacy.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 11:29:21 pm »
This from USA Today's Entertainment Blog seems to confirm that report Meryl  : http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/

"His co-star Jake Gyllenhaal, who is in New Mexico filming new movie Brothers, is very upset and doesn't want to talk to the media, so the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired."
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:45 pm »
Has anyone heard any comments or reactions from Jake (Jack)? i am stuck in the office 10 hrs a day and haven't heard much in the media that is new and if there has been a reaction  from Jake, I haven't heard about it. I knew that you guys would know if one had been released...
want to say thanks for sharing all the lovely poems and thoughts. I has reminded me that Brokies are the strongest family around...
been missiin you all
maggie

Maggiesmommy, do you remember me?  I think of you often, and am so glad to see you here.  I just wish it was under happier circumstances.  I heard that Jake is filming a movie, is distraught, and the film's crew is shielding him from the media!

Alway a pleasure to see you, Love!  You look amazing!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 02:51:37 am »
You know what I think it is, for us? It's that we realize it would be hard for Jake to have to come forth and make a statement. But at the same time, we're not ready to move on. We want to know more. We need some little word, and we're looking for Jake to provide it.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 02:55:19 am »
You know what I think it is, for us? It's that we realize it would be hard for Jake to have to come forth and make a statement. But at the same time, we're not ready to move on. We want to know more. We need some little word, and we're looking for Jake to provide it.

Yeah, I think Heath and Jake are connected in such a profound way now...  I just can't help but feel the real urge to hear from Jake.  It's almost like I'm sort of waiting for that as some kind of move towards closure.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 07:03:37 am »
Yeah, I think Heath and Jake are connected in such a profound way now...  I just can't help but feel the real urge to hear from Jake.  It's almost like I'm sort of waiting for that as some kind of move towards closure.

That's really well put. I feel like I completely understand if he can't make a statement now, but I would be really surprised if he didn't make any statement in the near future, not just because these two were friends, but because he's Matilda's godfather. But then we would also expect a statement from the godmother?