Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46488 times)

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: According to People, "Jake Is Taking Heath's Death 'Harder Than Most"
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2008, 07:03:30 am »
E!News also reported an interesting/odd tidbit about something Jake did on the movie set prior to Heath's passing.  Apparently, he pinned up a picture of Heath in his jail cell being used in a certain scene.  Who knows if that's true or just an odd rumor.

I think this may be the source:-

The 27-year-old's somber mood is sharp contrast to his happier times on the set of Brothers. During an early scene, a set source describes Gyllenhaal preparing for an intense prison scene. "Jake reaches into his pocket and takes out a picture of Heath Ledger and sticks it on the prison wall. Like those prisoners put [loved ones] on the wall, but Jake's was Heath Ledger," says the source. "That was hilarious. It was a nice moment."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174820,00.html

As we have all seen, Jake is really quite funny on interviews!  I wouldn't be surprised if this one was true-he and Heath always made little jokes about the film (the interview with the cast on Oprah certainly showed that!).

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2008, 11:53:24 am »
Oooohhhhhhh!!! For some reason, when I first read that on another thread, I thought it had happened AFTER Heath's passing. In which case I saw the anecdote in a totally different light, and I wondered how it could have been described as "hilarious" or "a nice moment."

???  :-\

But now that I get it, it IS pretty funny.

:laugh:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2008, 03:21:53 pm »
Yes, I was definitely under the impression that it happened before Heath died.  Interesting gesture indeed.

Poor Jake. :(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2008, 05:15:05 am »
There's an article now in the Sydney Morning Herald that says Jake is expected to attend the funeral in Australia this upcoming week. I wonder if they're just speculating out loud?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/heaths-spirit-lives-on-in-our-daughter-williams/2008/02/02/1201801092511.html

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2008, 05:43:02 am »
Could some kind person please open this link for me and paste what it says here so I can read it? When I click on it it says I,m not authorised or something.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19964025.html

I watched A Knights Tale last night on Sky movies. It was so good, and Heath was so brilliant in it. I simply couldn,t get my head round the fact that the lovely, talented, and extreemly handsome young man I was seeing on the screen is no longer with us. :'(
At the end when he,s kissing the girl, he smiles at her, and his whole face just lights up, and he smiles with his lovely brown eyes. Bless him. It,s so unfair. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2008, 05:53:18 am »
Knight's Tale is my second favourite Heath film, the one I'd watch when I needed something feel-good to pick me up. I used to watch that ending and imagine the stands and cheering crowds being those of a rodeo, and Jocelyn being Jack.

I so wanted a fairytale happy Brokeback ending, back then. Still do. But now I want a fairytale happy ending, period.  :-\

The OntD link leads to a friends-locked entry. Only members can read it. (fwiw, I'm not a member). Didn't know they did that secrecy thing there, throught they were all about spreading celebrity stuff to the world at large.

mvansand76

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:29 am »

I so wanted a fairytale happy Brokeback ending, back then. Still do. But now I want a fairytale happy ending, period.  :-\

{{{{{MIKAELA}}}}}

Same here....

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2008, 06:17:31 am »
I watched A Knights Tale last night on Sky movies.

Three degrees of separation-my friend knows Laura Fraser, who played the ironmonger!  She said that Heath was an "absolute gentleman" to work with, a "really decent guy".  And this was before he passed away.  And she went to my old school! 

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2008, 06:39:53 am »

Three degrees of separation-my friend knows Laura Fraser, who played the ironmonger!  She said that Heath was an "absolute gentleman" to work with, a "really decent guy".  And this was before he passed away.  And she went to my old school! 

OMG Sandy now that has just made me howl. I forgot to add before, that after the movie had finished, I went to bed and cried, again. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2008, 10:45:33 pm »
Could some kind person please open this link for me and paste what it says here so I can read it? When I click on it it says I,m not authorised or something.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/19964025.html

I watched A Knights Tale last night on Sky movies. It was so good, and Heath was so brilliant in it. I simply couldn,t get my head round the fact that the lovely, talented, and extreemly handsome young man I was seeing on the screen is no longer with us. :'(
At the end when he,s kissing the girl, he smiles at her, and his whole face just lights up, and he smiles with his lovely brown eyes. Bless him. It,s so unfair. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hi Souxi,
In order to open this file you need to go to Livejournal and create an account, then comment to the writter, in this case ohnotheydidnt, to add you as a freind to their "Friends list". A lot of writters there have been locking thier journels beause of some not so nice comments that have been going around.
hope this helps.
Roryennis
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.