Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46983 times)

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Jake
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2008, 02:16:10 pm »
Well I,ve deleted it anyway. I feel terrible now.  :'(

I've missed the topic everyone is talking about and that has now been deleted   ???

Could someone PM me?

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2008, 02:19:26 pm »
I got confused, and just deleted my message.

I thought that the "story" Souxi was talking about was the one about Jake putting up a pic of Heath on the set of "Brothers."

But she was talking about the other story about someone seeing Jake "take the call."  I don"t believe that story either.
I modified my post to delete my reference to your deleted post. LOL

Seems if this story were true, at least one of these people would have done an exclusive interview about it with a major media outlet by now. But even saying that, I know I personally would not have done so...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2008, 02:21:09 pm »
This has been widely discussed elsewhere, I don't see there is any reason to delete it, really. I read it on the DC forum.

Someone outside of the fandom who is a fan of Jake, reported being on the set of "Brothers" and getting a chance to watch filming and witnessed Jake getting a phone call telling him about Heath's death.

I think what makes this less believable is that it is unlikely Jake would have heard the news by phone.  Someone would have phoned the director and he would have been told personally - by someone.  That is my view.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2008, 02:28:07 pm »
This has been widely discussed elsewhere, I don't see there is any reason to delete it, really. I read it on the DC forum.

Someone outside of the fandom who is a fan of Jake, reported being on the set of "Brothers" and getting a chance to watch filming and witnessed Jake getting a phone call telling him about Heath's death.

I think what makes this less believable is that it is unlikely Jake would have heard the news by phone.  Someone would have phoned the director and he would have been told personally - by someone.  That is my view.

It will probably make the email rounds, and eventually find its way to Snopes.com to be debunked.

There is a chance that Jake would have turned his phone on right after filming his last scene, listened to his voicemails, heard one telling him to call (let's say Maggie, for instance) immediately because it's an emergency, called "Maggie" and was told that way.

That still doesn't erase all the other hoax red flags being raised by the story.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2008, 03:01:20 pm »
I've missed the topic everyone is talking about and that has now been deleted   ???

Could someone PM me?

Sandy I,m sorry but I,ve deleted the pm I got about this. Thinking more about it, it doesn,t seem that was how Jake would have found out either. I felt so terrible I deleted it. This is an awful time for a lot of people, not least Heaths, family and friends, and the LAST thing I would ever want to do, is post something about Jake or Heath that isn,t true. I guess we,ll find out eventually anyway.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2008, 10:07:07 am »
Sandy I,m sorry but I,ve deleted the pm I got about this. Thinking more about it, it doesn,t seem that was how Jake would have found out either. I felt so terrible I deleted it. This is an awful time for a lot of people, not least Heaths, family and friends, and the LAST thing I would ever want to do, is post something about Jake or Heath that isn,t true. I guess we,ll find out eventually anyway.

Hi Souxi, don't feel bad.  All you were doing was bringing the story to everyone's attention.  We all know from the News Accounts threads the absolute b******t that the media is saying about drugs etc.  Although I don't want to know, it is better for us to know exactly what is being said out there. 

Offline whatthefuckbenj

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2008, 02:26:37 pm »

I think what makes this less believable is that it is unlikely Jake would have heard the news by phone.  Someone would have phoned the director and he would have been told personally - by someone.  That is my view.

In a time and age where people break up with others via sms I don't think it's that unlikely of him getting that news over the phone. Maybe his agent wanted to tell him personally but wasnt there..

mvansand76

« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2008, 03:50:36 am »

I read somewhere on my f-list on lj, an woman living in Perth, that Jake has arrived in Perth.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2008, 03:57:27 am »
Yes, it has been reported in the australian press too.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2008, 04:02:44 am »
That's oddly comforting. I bet Michelle will be very happy to have him there.  :'(

God, the next two days will be so sad for them all, I can't even begin to imagine how they would get through days like this.

:'( :'( :'(