Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46498 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 08:49:20 am »
Instead of expecting Jake to come forward and say something why don't we send him a note? He probably needs to hear comforting words more than we do.

Here are address where according to his website, we can write to him.

ยป Agent
Jake Gyllenhaal is represented by:
CAA
9830 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, California
90212-1825

Fan Mail
Please send fan mail to:
Jake Gyllenhaal
c/o CAA
9830 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, California
90212-1825

I plan to buy a postcard at a museum and send it to him.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2008, 09:37:10 am »
I've been wondering - how close were Jake and Heath in recent months? Have we seen many photos of them together recently?

I'm not saying this in any way lessens how jake is feeling, but we all know that the time they spent together must have effected the strength of their relationship, and since they hadn't been workign together recently - were they still as close?

They weren't spotted together since I don't know how long. In fact, it's probably safe to say they were never spotted together outside of formal movie things they had to do. So it's really difficult to say if they were still friends or if they just did a really good job of meeting up somewhere that didn't have paparazzi. Thank God the paparazzi aren't everywhere, but that also means we never really know.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2008, 09:44:23 am »
I have a couple of very close female friends whom I haven't seen in years.  Yet a part of me would die if they were to meet an untimely death.  We email each other regularly and talk on the phone occasionally.  Lynne, you know one of those friends - Jacki.

Similarly, I would be devastated if any of the Brokies I met in San Francisco were to leave this Earth, and I only ever saw them for a period of three days.  I would be quite distraught if any of the rest of you I haven't even met were seriously hurt or worse.

One can share a profoundly deep bond with someone that never goes away, even if the person does.

My goodness - look at how devastated we all are here, and most of us have never even seen Heath in person, let alone spoken with him.

LJ and others, I think you have some unrealistic expectations of Jake, and of Michelle or anyone else you might think should have made a statement by now.  I'm sure both of them have spoken to each other by phone and to Heath's family.  Making a statement is something they'd do because they feel like they owe it to the public, not to Heath.  And they just plain don't.  Not to mention that they're both probably a mess right now.

Consider this - if one of the friends you loved most in the world died suddenly and tragically, would you be ready to face a slew of cameras and share with the world how you feel about it?  If you would, I guess you're a better person than Jake or Michelle is.
No more beans!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 10:32:15 am »
There is a point that nobody has hit yet...

Jake is young.   He probably hasn't had anyone close to him die yet.    Plus guys react to death differently than girls.   

Those of us who are older have already had older relatives maybe even parents pass away.   Some of us even have lost friends.    But most young peole in their 20s have not.     

This is most likely a new, albeit unpleasant experience for him.   Thus alot of the protection.

You're right David. In fact I was thinking the same thing. I think the fact that Heath was about Jake's age might have worsened the blow. Young people aren't used to death. The general idea is that it is something that happens to old people or to people much older than you.

When I was fifteen one of my schoolmates died in an accident. We were saddened by his loss but mostly we were shocked to realize that people our age could die. Even though I aware that death was a reality it was not easy for me to fathom that could happen to someone who was about my age. It was completely unexpected, and a lot of us didn't know how to deal with it. I had a lot of nightmares over that. Even people who didn't know him very well were very much affected by what happened.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

mvansand76

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2008, 10:37:28 am »
There is a point that nobody has hit yet...

Jake is young.   He probably hasn't had anyone close to him die yet.    Plus guys react to death differently than girls.   

Those of us who are older have already had older relatives maybe even parents pass away.   Some of us even have lost friends.    But most young peole in their 20s have not.     

This is most likely a new, albeit unpleasant experience for him.   Thus alot of the protection.

I don't get your point. Before I was 20 I had lost many people, counting both my grandpas and grandmas. Before I was 20 I had been to more funerals than weddings. I think I'm not the only one. I don't think losing somebody period is something new for Jake. Losing somebody that young and somebody that close to him, yes, that must be new for him.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2008, 12:48:16 pm »
I'm not saying this in any way lessens how jake is feeling, but we all know that the time they spent together must have effected the strength of their relationship, and since they hadn't been workign together recently - were they still as close?

In addition to what has already been said, especially by Barb, concerning bonds remaining strong over distance and time... which I agree with whole-heartedly; I'm also thinking the long periods of away-time is the common denominator for everyone living a life like Jake's and Heath's. Travelling to far-away places, staying for weeks and months, intensely working and immersing themselves in new projects - then travelling around to shows and premieres and doing PR. It hardly makes for regularly scheduled meet-ups with friends, so I would guess they've taught themselves to keep in contact, or to keep the connection and friendship, despite that. And to meet whenever there's a possibility.

I must admit that I've been wondering and worrying whether Jake (and others) may be affected in their grief by regret if they happened to not be very much in contact with Heath the last months/last year. There's no denying Heath aged quite a bit over the last year, judging from photos, and in recent images he often looked exhausted and drawn and as if he wasn't looking properly after himself. Also these reports (which seem credible) of prescription sleeping pills and other medication - as well as the break-up with Michelle whcih must have been draining on both - Sigh. All of it indicates Heath had a tough time. I'm thinking his friends might easily think back on that and whether they could have been there more. (And that's not me hinting at suicide or deliberate overdoses, because I don't believe any such thing for a second.)

From Opinionista
I think the fact that Heath was about Jake's age might have worsened the blow. Young people aren't used to death. The general idea is that it is something that happens to old people or to people much older than you.

Yes - they were still living their time in life when they owned the world and nothing seemed (really) wrong.... When it came to the two of them, I guess we all were.  :-\

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2008, 12:55:02 pm »
There's no denying Heath aged quite a bit over the last year, judging from photos, and in recent images he often looked exhausted and drawn and as if he wasn't looking properly after himself. Also these reports (which seem credible) of prescription sleeping pills and other medication - as well as the break-up with Michelle whcih must have been draining on both - Sigh. All of it indicates Heath had a tough time. I'm thinking his friends might easily think back on that and whether they could have been there more. (And that's not me hinting at suicide or deliberate overdoses, because I don't believe any such thing for a second.)

I have been thinking about this a lot myself.  :(

Yes - they were still living their time in life when they owned the world and nothing seemed (really) wrong..

:'(

*sigh*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2008, 01:29:21 pm »
In addition to what has already been said, especially by Barb, concerning bonds remaining strong over distance and time... which I agree with whole-heartedly; I'm also thinking the long periods of away-time is the common denominator for everyone living a life like Jake's and Heath's. Travelling to far-away places, staying for weeks and months, intensely working and immersing themselves in new projects - then travelling around to shows and premieres and doing PR. It hardly makes for regularly scheduled meet-ups with friends, so I would guess they've taught themselves to keep in contact, or to keep the connection and friendship, despite that. And to meet whenever there's a possibility.

Mikela I hadn't thought of it like that. Thank-you.

xx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2008, 01:39:25 pm »
Mikela I hadn't thought of it like that. Thank-you.

xx

Yep I agree. With their work schedules I doubt they got to see each other as often as they would have liked, so I,d imagine they kept in touch regularly by phone/email etc. I wonder who the poor sod was who got to tell Jake the bad news? I wouldn,t wish that on anyone. Poor poor Jake. Don,t you just want to hug him?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2008, 01:42:58 pm »

I don't get your point. Before I was 20 I had lost many people, counting both my grandpas and grandmas. Before I was 20 I had been to more funerals than weddings. I think I'm not the only one. I don't think losing somebody period is something new for Jake. Losing somebody that young and somebody that close to him, yes, that must be new for him.

Me, too.  But Jake may not be in the same boat as we.  I know plenty of friends and people around me who haven't ever lost anyone.  Their grandparents are still alive, etc.  A co-worker's husband recently dropped dead suddenly of an unexpected heart attack and my other co-workers around me were at a loss as to what to do for her or what the timeline of things were.   nutmeg might be on to something, but we just don't know.

I'd like to think of Jake and Heath as long-distance friends.  Not the close kind you talk to every day or hang out with all the time, but the type that after there has been a long separation, you're able to pick up with again as if there was no time missing at all.  And I'm with Lauragigs, their scenes in BBM were made with a whole bunch of people standing just out of camera view.  In their own words, in such tender scenes as the tent 1 and 2, there was joking and possibly a few slugs of liquor before the scenes were shot.  I'm sure even the reunion scene was filmed with a sense of amusement between them seeing as how Jake later liked to tease that Heath almost broke his nose doing it.  I'm not going to look for anything more than that.  They were simply actors on a job that became closer than normal due to their scenes together similar to any leading lady who gets along well with her leading man in a love-story movie.  In Heath's case, he got the best of both worlds, friendship with his leading man love interest and a real-world love affair with his leading lady.