Author Topic: Jake  (Read 46500 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2008, 02:06:02 pm »
Let's not forget Maggie, another Gyllenhaal who has recently worked with Heath.  Both Jake and his sister must be very upset as they both worked closely with him.  I 'm sure she and Heath were planning on doing alot of publicity for THE DARK KNIGHT.  I hope Jake and Maggie find comfort in each other's grief.  There was a private ceremony in L.A.  for Heath last night and Jake isn't listed as being there. Perhaps he was but it wasn't noted.

I'm sure this is been posted elsewhere, but here are the details if you want to click the link.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174029,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 02:09:02 pm »
I'd like to think of Jake and Heath as long-distance friends.  Not the close kind you talk to every day or hang out with all the time, but the type that after there has been a long separation, you're able to pick up with again as if there was no time missing at all.  And I'm with Lauragigs, their scenes in BBM were made with a whole bunch of people standing just out of camera view. [  ] They were simply actors on a job that became closer than normal due to their scenes together similar to any leading lady who gets along well with her leading man in a love-story movie.  In Heath's case, he got the best of both worlds, friendship with his leading man love interest and a real-world love affair with his leading lady.

Sure enough, but I think the reaction to the film took both Jake and Heath by surprise and threw them together in a sort of brothers-in-arms relationship. The two of them against the world of critics, crowd of fans, journalists, vocal nay-sayers, talk show hosts.....you name it.  For half a year or more they travelled around separately or together, but either way responded to the same questions over and over, had the same jokes and skits made on their behalf, watched that same clip over and over, attended the same award shows.....etc. There was much more fuss over Brokeback than nearly any other film I can think of. I'm thinking that must have made them bond just as much or more than those 14 takes of the FNIT. Only Heath could fully appreciate what that felt like to Jake, and vise versa. But of course, I may be completely wrong...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2008, 02:14:26 pm »
I looked up info on the movie Jake is filming right now, and the location isn't far from where I live. (Maybe a two-hour drive, but over passes that can be rough in winter.)

It's snowing now, too, though it may be raining down there. Supposed to be a major storm.

Just rambling, and thinking about how rapid changes in the weather might make it challenging to film outdoors.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »
From Mel
It's snowing now, too, though it may be raining down there. Supposed to be a major storm.
Sounds like the weather fits the mood, both ours and Jake's....

There was a private ceremony in L.A.  for Heath last night and Jake isn't listed as being there. Perhaps he was but it wasn't noted.
I'm sure this is been posted elsewhere, but here are the details if you want to click the link.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174029,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

I've seen that, on a couple of sites, and there's been no pics related to this, and no mention of any others attending than Naomi Watts. That seems to prove to me that it is possible for celebrities to fly under the pap radar even in LA.

Which again, in a roundabout way, seems to prove that it's entirely possible that Jake and Heath did indeed meet up now and then over the 2 last years though there are no pap photos of such meetings.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »
Apologies for posting this.... it is intrusive but it's out there. I'm not certain whether I should do this.  :-\

Jake was out with Reese Witherspoon and her two kids and his two dogs in a park in LA yesterday. And some pap found them. And got busy with his camera.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/jake_gyllenhaal/jake_emerges_after_heaths_death-01272008.php#comments

I should think the fact that Jake was in LA yesterday means he attended the memorial service today... I hope so.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 02:57:45 pm »
Apologies for posting this.... it is intrusive but it's out there. I'm not certain whether I should do this.  :-\

Jake was out with Reese Witherspoon and her two kids and his two dogs in a park in LA yesterday. And some pap found them. And got busy with his camera.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/jake_gyllenhaal/jake_emerges_after_heaths_death-01272008.php#comments

I should think the fact that Jake was in LA yesterday means he attended the memorial service today... I hope so.

omg poor Jake. The look on his face says it all doesn,t it? He,s probably wearing dark glasses because he,s been crying so much. I just want to hug him, bless him.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:49 pm »

for one am like you and Leslie - my way to deal with this is to search out anything and everything that is going - I feel morbid for doing it but I just can't help but do it - so you're not along there and its good to know hes out and about and doing normal things - its what we all should be doing right now really
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008, 03:09:04 pm »
Consider this - if one of the friends you loved most in the world died suddenly and tragically, would you be ready to face a slew of cameras and share with the world how you feel about it?

I guess I'm not thinking of Jake holding a press conference, or even necessarily answering questions on the street for a mob of paparazzi. I'm thinking more of him issuing a written statement -- the kind celebrity couples do when they file for divorce, for example -- something brief, reasonably eloquent and heartfelt but not deeply personal or private.

God no, I wouldn't expect him to go face a slew of cameras and pour out his deepest feelings. And Michelle I wouldn't expect to say anything at all, written or otherwise.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2008, 03:46:32 pm »

" . . . when they owned the world and nothing seemed wrong."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator