Author Topic: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus  (Read 264328 times)

Offline whatthefuckbenj

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 02:31:40 pm »
I'd love that to be true though I'm not sure whether the SUN is reliable..

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 03:50:05 pm »
http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/02/05/doctor-parnassus-lives/

Doctor Parnassus Lives

Quick Stop was contacted by a source within the production of Terry Gilliam’s upcoming The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and they wanted to clarify the status of the film. It seems that Parnassus has been recently removed from Heath Ledger’s IMDB listing and Ledger has also been removed from the listing of Parnassus‘ cast. Also, the IMDB listing for Parnassus now shows the status of the film as being shut down.

The source within the production wanted to make certain the word gets out that the production is not in fact shut down but is moving forward and will feature Heath Ledger in his last role. This decision to keep Heath’s performance and rework the film to accommodate it was made out of respect for that performance and in memory of Heath. This despite somewhat shady efforts by certain parties, the source tells us, to paint The Dark Knight as Heath’s final role.

The Parnassus cast and crew, we are told, apart from a statement about the status of the production shortly after Heath’s passing, have been quiet about the matter out of respect for Heath and his family. Further casting announcements will be made in the near future. The official site for the film, doctorparnassus.com, will be launching later today (February 5th), and readers are urged to watch the site for future developments.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 04:05:54 pm »
thanks for that Bruce.

Frankly, I'm a bit relieved that The Dark Knight won't be Heath's final part.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 04:30:18 pm »
 :)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 04:58:16 pm »
He's back on the list, but listed as "rumored" or "unconfirmed".  >:( WTF?

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 05:06:44 pm »
He's back on the list, but listed as "rumored" or "unconfirmed".  >:( WTF?

That reflects the confusion in the status of what will happen.

Someone had removed it from IMDb earlier, so this listing is a reinstatement.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 05:32:21 pm »
Here is a thread on the Parnassus IMDb page of photos from production.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/board/flat/92471423

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 05:32:28 pm »
I'm very glad to hear that we still have that last role of Heath's to look forward to.  It will be a kinder, gentler goodbye.  :(  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 11:49:32 am »
From the New York Observer:

http://www.observer.com/2008/terry-gilliam-picks-jude-law-colin-farrell-and-johnny-depp-replace-ledger

Terry Gilliam Picks Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp to Replace Ledger?
by Joe Pompeo  |  February 15, 2008 |

It seems like the rumors may have been confirmed: Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell will each fill in for Heath Ledger in Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, Cinematical reports via Ain’t It Cool News, the insidery movie and comics blog that broke the scoop early this morning. The film was still in production when Mr. Ledger died on Jan. 22 of what has been ruled an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, leaving questions as to how filming would be completed. Now, it looks like Mr. Ledger’s character will appear alternately as himself, Mr. Depp, Mr. Law and Mr. Farrell at different points in the movie, a “fantastical” story about a traveling showman who’s made a deal with the devil. More from Cinematical after the jump.

I cannot wait to see what this looks like -- imagine watching half a film with Ledger, only to see it switch and be Depp, then Law and then Farrell (or some variation)? What will that look like? Either way, I'm sure Gilliam will probably open to his biggest box office take in years (fingers crossed), and the film could go down as something very very special. No official word on this one yet, but AICN seems to feel this one is locked and ready to roll. What do you think?

When it's all said and done, this whole Parnassus mess would probably fit nicely into a biopic on the life and times of director Terry Gilliam. When Heath Ledger passed away during production on the latest Gilliam flick, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, we all wondered what would happen to the film. Would Gilliam be forced to dump another project (a la Don Quixote), or would someone step in to save the day. Early rumors suggested (and here's where life always comes full circle) that Johnny Depp (Gilliam's Quixote star) would fill in for Ledger and shoot his remaining scenes. Then there was word Gilliam may create a CGI Ledger to tape up the missing pieces.

From Cinematical:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/02/15/johnny-depp-jude-law-and-colin-farrell-to-replace-ledger-in-pa/

Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell to Replace Ledger in 'Parnassus?'

Posted Feb 15th 2008 9:32AM by Erik Davis

When it's all said and done, this whole Parnassus mess would probably fit nicely into a biopic on the life and times of director Terry Gilliam. When Heath Ledger passed away during production on the latest Gilliam flick, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, we all wondered what would happen to the film. Would Gilliam be forced to dump another project (a la Don Quixote), or would someone step in to save the day. Early rumors suggested (and here's where life always comes full circle) that Johnny Depp (Gilliam's Quixote star) would fill in for Ledger and shoot his remaining scenes. Then there was word Gilliam may create a CGI Ledger to tape up the missing pieces.

Now, however, AICN claims they know exactly how it will go down, and that Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell will all fill in for Ledger in a weird sort of I'm Not There-esque tribute to the actor. Needless to say, I cannot wait to see what this looks like -- imagine watching half a film with Ledger, only to see it switch and be Depp, then Law and then Farrell (or some variation)? What will that look like? Either way, I'm sure Gilliam will probably open to his biggest box office take in years (fingers crossed), and the film could go down as something very very special. No official word on this one yet, but AICN seems to feel this one is locked and ready to roll. What do you think?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35623

AICN EXCLUSIVE! We Know Who’s Paying Tribute To Heath Ledger In DR. PARNASSUS Now!

Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here.

Have I mentioned how much I love this idea? Because I do. I think it’s beautiful that the script loaned itself to this sort of idea, that we’re going to see Heath Ledger’s work in Terry Gilliam’s new film, and that we’re also going to see three very interesting actors step up to offer interpretations of him as a way of paying one final tribute to this actor whose career was cut so sadly short.

We’ve heard rumors about who might be stepping in, but now we’ve got the names verified. Count on it.

JOHNNY DEPP.

JUDE LAW.

COLIN FARRELL.

Nice choices, Gilliam. Can’t wait to see what happens inside the IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, and I’d love to get a look at the script they’re going to use as they start this next stretch of shooting on the film.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 12:09:17 pm »
from the BBC News:

Stars to replace Ledger in movie
Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell will appear as Heath Ledger's character in unfinished film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, the BBC has learned.

A spokeswoman for Law confirmed the three would play the role of Tony in the film, but said she did not know how the role would be restructured.

Production on the Terry Gilliam directed film was suspended after Ledger, 28, died from a drug overdose.

Ledger had been filming scenes for the movie in London just before his death.

It is thought that original footage of Ledger will remain while Law, Depp and Farrell will play different incarnations of his character, Tony.

The fantasy film follows a travelling theatre troupe which offers audience members the chance to pass through a magical mirror to alternate dimensions.

Depp, Law, and Farrell are each expected to "become" Ledger's character in one of these new worlds.

Law's spokeswoman said the actor, who is on holiday, was unavailable for comment.

'Great actor'

Ledger died from an accidental overdose of six different types of prescription drugs in his New York apartment.

After filming for the movie had finished in London, the $30m (£15.1m) production then moved to Vancouver, Canada for interior and bluescreen scenes before it was suspended upon news of Ledger's death.

At the time, the film's makers described Ledger as "a great actor, a great friend and a great spirit" and said Gilliam and his producers would be "assessing how best to proceed".

Last weekend, international film stars were among mourners at a memorial service for the Ledger in his home town of Perth.

Speakers at the service, which was followed by a private burial for close family only, included actress Cate Blanchett and film director Neil Armfield.
Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/7250685.stm

Published: 2008/02/18 13:30:16 GMT
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!