Author Topic: Elton John coming here to sing March 2nd 2008 if anyone wants to see him  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Oui, Elton,

Heard you want to speak.

Thanks for the messager. My staff just woke me. WE can NOT talk on the telephones, because the roads are frozen. So read this, use your mobile com... OK!!

Glad that you got out of town. Happy too that you did NOT let the city mayor give a speech. He and the others stole already $20,000 bucks of citizens dough, so to hide that they got tickets free by having taxpayers pay!! Do the same in your other city (is it to-night if I remember?), since that mayor there too did same... I suggest.

So you got your two dogs with you; Arthur and M... I forgotten the other name.

I do NOT know how you can play and sing for 2 and half hours as you did last night!!
So now, you need candy for your voice?  I do not make them anymore with Richard since he passed away and his store is closed. But go to Stratford and get them there since they are the ONLY ones making them with natural herb; do NOT get the fake ones! You know how to get there?

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I thought Elton's husband was an American.  8)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

No, he is Canadian!

You know him?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Glad that you are safe for your next place. Is it to-night?

You do so long at the piano and singing. 2 and half hour!  I could not do not, you are an angel!

For the candy, I do not make it anymore since Richard passed away. There are some same nearby you now... as Richard and I did in his store now closed. Go to Stratford... as I said. Pass my former lover aunt's house (Gladys), go straight to country roads, mennonite ones! Drive slow! Straight all the way!

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

Yes, straight all the way through those towns. Do NOT take the expressway.

At the stop, about an hour away, turn left and go straight. After the bridge, you will see the Shakespeare Frestival Theatre building, keep straight till the lights. At those lights straight till next street... where you turn right and park there front of the Post Office. You got that?

Walk across the street to that store: Tompson. They have that candy with the natural herbs I used to make you with Richard. He does not work there anymore as he is retired, but you can get them bonbons for your voice there. The store is now owned by one or two workers (I forgot their names) and they are fine citizens who will help you! Open till 5 p.m.; so you have plenty of time.

Tell your chauffeur to go slow... best still drive yourself? Bring those two dogs of yours: Arthur and M... I am forgetting that name. The dogs will love that country! Careful of the buggies, the horses as the mennonites still used those roads!!

Reach me between 5 and 6 ?

Hugs! Have fun!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
No, he is Canadian!

You know him?

Hugs!

Yes, Elton John's husband is Canadian. David Furnish is from Toronto, Ontario.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Furnish

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
I would love to see Elton John, but even if I could get into one of his concerts I doubt if I could see him without binoculars! Sigh...my daughter was conceived while listening to Rocket Man, LOL! (Sorry if that's Too Much Information...it's such a happy memory I can't help but blurt it out!)

Artiste, would you consider sharing the recipe for your candy if it is not a secret? I know quite a few people who need it, particularly at this time of year! They spread some kind of magnesium salts on the roads here and it irritates my throat something awful!! Makes it rather hard to belt out Goodbye Yellow Brick ROad!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Thanks Front-Ranger!

I heard that Elton did sing Rocket Man when he was here! Glad that that was great joy for you! I Love your expression! Great feelings and happy one you do have to cherish!

Concerning that bonbon, I do NOT make it anymore, because the candy store that my friend (Richard) had... does not exists anymore since his passing into heaven; it was 3rd generation one and people came from all over the world to get these bonbons, and some of the candies that were, was his only creation - and I know only some of his secret recipes... not all!  He and I, we made candy canes so long that they made headlines in newspapers! It was fun, but hard work!

Even if most co.s fake recipes, Richard ONLY used natural herbs!! There is only one now store left, that I know about. It is in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. You can go there. Wonderful different candies! They also have two world reknowned Shaskespeare theatres, worth your while to see a play or many there!!

If you can not go, then maybe I can get you some candy and mail it to you? When I go next time in late April... on my way to Montreal to create an exhibition of my paintings I created.

For now, all I can say is that I aim to refind my notes on some candy recipes that we made (which might take months to find), but my memory fails me!

The candy is called: horehound! Do you know about it?

Mother started a dry throat and took some yesterday! So did my brother who visited us. I always carry some, just in case, on my long trips!

You must check to see if done with NATURAL horehound herb, maybe you will find some your way? Like at a all-natural-food store?

Will try to find recipe for you soonest!

Keep care... since the Winter months are dry indoors, refresh your throat with real bonbons and juices may I suggest,

hugs!

Offline Artiste

Front-Ranger, here is one horehound recipe:

The name horehound is derived from "Horus", the Egyptian god of sky and light. Ancient herbalists prescribed it for fevers and malaria and as an antidote for snakebites, rabid dog bites and ingested poison. Horehound was traditionally carried in sachets as a protection against sorcery. When mixed with ash leaves and placed in a bowl of water, horehound is supposed to release healing vibrations and should be placed in a room with a sick person
When drunk as a tea, the herb will promote mental acumen and clarity.

A native of Europe, but now naturalized throughout North and South America, horehound is a hardy perennial of the mint family - with its telltale square stem - and, like most mints, can become invasive if not controlled. The herb can be started from seed or cuttings in the early spring. The seed should be sown just below the surface and cuttings should have about a one-foot spacing. Rings of small white flowers will appear from June to September in the second year of growth, but the leaves may be cut for use or drying in the first year.

Horehound won't win any beauty prizes in your garden, but ironically, when dried, the leaves and flowers make an attractive addition to arrangements of everlastings. The herb will flourish under the most marginal of circumstances, in poor dry soil for example along the edge of driveways and other neglected areas. The only threat to horehound is to sit in very wet conditions over winter. A couple of more ornamental species of the herb are silver horehound, with its woollier leaves and whiter flowers and the denser Spanish horehound, with pink flowers. Unfortunately, both of these are only hardy to Zone 7. The Mediterranean plant, black horehound (Ballota nigra), although also a member of the mint family, is a different species with a very unpleasant odor.

Other than as a tea, horehound has no culinary application, although the herb was once used to flavor ale in England. Horehound is the champion herb for chest problems and has enjoyed this role for thousands of years. The Greek physician Dioscorides (AD 40-90) advocated a decoction of horehound for tuberculosis, asthma and coughs. The herb is an effective immune booster and is quite nutritious, containing vitamins A, B, C and E, essential fatty acids, iron, potassium and marrubin (an expectorant).

Horehound has proven to be effective in loosening phlegm and mucus in the bronchial tubes and in the lungs. It will also relieve coughs and sore throats. The German government's committee of herbal experts known as Commission E, has sanctioned horehound for use against bronchial problems, including laryngitis.

To make your own Horehound Cough Syrup, you'll need:
· ½ cup of fresh horehound leaves (or ¼ cup of dried)
· 2 cups of water
· 3 cups of liquid honey

Place the horehound a stainless steel pot with the water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain and then add the honey. Mix well and bottle. The amount of honey can be adjusted for taste and consistency.

For making Horehound Cough Drops:
· 1 cup of fresh or dried horehound;
· 1 cup of water;
· 2 cups of brown sugar;
· 2 Tbsp. honey;
· Enough icing sugar to cover finished drops.

Put the horehound leaves and water in a stainless steel saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes and then cool. Strain and squeeze out the herbs. Put the liquid back into the pan and add the brown sugar and the honey. While continually stirring with a wooden spoon, bring the liquid back to simmer. Keep stirring and when the liquid falls from the spoon in a thread, test it by dropping it into a cup of cold water. If you have a candy thermometer, the temperature should reach at least 300 degrees F. When the mixture hardens enough to crack with your teeth, it's ready. If you overdo it and the mixture crystallizes, just add more water and a little more honey. When ready, poor the mixture into a lightly buttered baking dish. When cool enough, score the top to facilitate breaking the hardened mixture into squares or diagonals. Once broken up, shake icing sugar over the horehound cough drops to keep them from sticking together. Store in a moisture-proof glass jar.

What do you think?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Thank you very much, Artiste! Yes, I am familiar with horehound! In fact, I think some grows around here! That or wintergreen, one or the other. I will try this recipe...maybe my daughter and I will make it together!

She's making raspberry wine with her dad today. We harvested some excellent raspberry mash which we will put on the compost. Front-Ranger Jr. also made scones yesterday, and we still have lots of biscotti left which she made a few days ago. It sure is nice having her at home these days!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"