Author Topic: Magazines featuring Heath  (Read 49827 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Magazines featuring Heath
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:19:50 pm »
I hope this has not been covered anywhere else although I did look and I didn't see any similar topic. I think it would be useful, I know it would for me, if people could report magazines that are featuring Heath. I know that after I saw Brokeback I practically ended up with every magazine that covered it. These even included ones written in other languages. I would like to do the same for ones now featuring Heath. However, I would prefer to not do this through Ebay like I did the ones of Brokeback especially since I paid a fortune for some of them. Of course I am very glad I have them.

So far I have the issue of Entertainment Weekly which just happened to be in my mailbox Saturday  :) which features Heath on the cover. This morning while at the grocery store I picked up the latest issue of People which also has Heath on the cover. I actually picked up two of those. The man that was the cashier asked if I meant to get two and I kind of gave him a strange look and said "Yes"

Jack

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Magazines featuring Heath
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:22:25 pm »
People and Entertainment Weekly came out with Heath stories last week, because they closed on Tuesday night. All the other weeklies closed on Monday, so they missed Heath's death by 18 hours.

It will be interesting to see what hits the newsstands this week.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:27:06 pm »
EW chose a rather sad, otherworldly picture of Heath for the cover: 

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 01:44:55 pm »
This morning while at the grocery store I picked up the latest issue of People which also has Heath on the cover. I actually picked up two of those. The man that was the cashier asked if I meant to get two and I kind of gave him a strange look and said "Yes"

Jack

I just bought People Magazine this morning.  As I posted on IMDB.com, this is a rather sad addition to my collection of magazines which had featured Jake, Heath or the film prior to it's release or while still in theaters.  It's quite a collection, small film magazines to ROLLING STONE.

The issue of PPL MAGAZINE doesn't really offer much new for those of us familiar with Heath's life. Of course, there is the gossipy angle where a friend says "Everybody knows he did a lot of drugs, but he always head it under control." 

Hmmmm!  What sort of friend says that?  There are some other gossipy tidbits the article could have done without, but I guess there going for the good father, but capable of excesses.

Time Magazine, the current issue, just has a paragraph or two about Heath. I think it should have been longer. :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 01:57:45 pm »
I also got the People Magazine today. No, it's not available in Germany, but I got it via Brokie-mail.
Thank you so much my friend Leslie!  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 02:04:37 pm »
I also got the People Magazine today. No, it's not available in Germany, but I got it via Brokie-mail.

I'll be camping next to my mailbox tomorrow.  ;)

And I found a store that sells Entertainment Weekly in a town nearby, but they didn't have the latest edition. They'll have it tomorrow.

And I agree Paul, why did they take that pic of Heath? As if there aren't any great pics of him around! Honestly...*shakes head*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »

Wow! You got it today? I'm amazed. I just mailed it on Saturday!

And to think your package took 5 weeks to reach me! I guess it traveled by camel mail or something. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »
I just purchased a copy of the People magazine on my way home from work today.  :(  I really wanted to have one of these magazines, just to keep.  But, I couldn't bring myself to read the article. 
:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 12:55:20 pm »
I just purchased a copy of the People magazine on my way home from work today.  :(  I really wanted to have one of these magazines, just to keep.  But, I couldn't bring myself to read the article. 
:(

My daughter started crying when she read the article.  :(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 02:08:17 pm »

Me too! Me too!

thank you Leslie.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'