Author Topic: Magazines featuring Heath  (Read 50117 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Magazines featuring Heath
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 07:09:00 am »
The date on the magazine is February 1, 2008. The article is fine--no new information, of course, but a nice tribute with some good pictures.

I went to the newsstand at the airport yesterday looking for it. There was EW with Ellen Page (Juno) on the cover.

Ellen Page was going to play the lead in "The Queen's Gambit," directed by Heath.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 07:48:48 am »
I looked for magazines yesterday and indeed I found two with Heath on the cover! Vanitiy Fair and Gala. They're gossip/lifestyle magazines, but not too sensation-seeking, not the really low kind of yellow press (wouldn't have bought them otherwise).

The headlines are "Death of a dreamer" and "Heartless Hollywood". They both repeat the drug stories reported by American magazines, but at least show a very compassionate attitude towards Heath. Motto: the poor guy, Hollywood and the pressures applied to him destoyed this sensitive soul. I don't like this attitude either mostly because it evokes the strong impression he died a drug-related death (and we still don't know it, damn, how can they write such stuff then?).
But at least, they draw a very simpatico picture of him and don't take him down.

These are the covers:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 09:47:41 am »
The date on the magazine is February 1, 2008. The article is fine--no new information, of course, but a nice tribute with some good pictures.

I went to the newsstand at the airport yesterday looking for it. There was EW with Ellen Page (Juno) on the cover. Ack! I said to the cashier, "Do you have Entertainment Weekly?" (even though I was looking right at it) and she very nicely said, "Yes, second row from the top, on the right." I said "Oh," and must have sounded really sad because she said, "Do you want the one with Heath Ledger on the cover?" and I said yes. I guess the new issue had just come in and she hadn't finished processing the ones from last week that needed to be returned. She said, "I have one left, I can still sell it to you." And she did.

Bless you, very nice young woman at the Portland International Jetport! I hope lots of good luck comes her way the next few days. She deserves it!

L

That's really nice and comforting to hear.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 08:05:39 am »
These are some of the magazines the good and the bad with Heath on the covers that i have seen here. :-\
New Idea: has six pages on Heath (4-9)
Australian weekly OK: had 5 pages (17-21)
Who: had 8 in total some with full page pic's (10-17
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 08:16:55 am »
Part 2 of Aussie mags

TV Week: had just 2 pages (14-15) didn't really have a cover pic, just a banner at the top that said 'farewell Heath Ledger: A special tribute.
NW new weekly: 7 pages (8-15)
Famous: 5 pages (10-14)
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 11:00:38 am »
Doing a quick scan of the gossip mags at the airport yesterday, Heath was on the cover of People (second week in  row), Us (which we knew) and one other...(can't remember the names). The others (I think there were 3) were featuring Angelina Jolie wearing a sack and being pregnant with twins. There was one with Britney Spears' little boys and the headline "Who will take care of them now?" Enterntainment Weekly had Ellen Page.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 06:20:04 am »
Leslie, I received the magazine today.  Thanks so much.  I was worried I might not receive it before we close for Chinese New Year holidays, in which case I'll have to wait until next week. 

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 06:33:34 am »
Part 2 of Aussie mags

TV Week: had just 2 pages (14-15) didn't really have a cover pic, just a banner at the top that said 'farewell Heath Ledger: A special tribute.
NW new weekly: 7 pages (8-15)
Famous: 5 pages (10-14)

Those headlines are sickening!  :'(

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 07:01:30 am »
Those headlines are sickening!  :'(

I totally agree. A friend who subscribes to them gave them to me once she had finished with them i have not even read to articles inside. They think by publishing the wild speculations they can make a quick buck out of it,but what else can be expected there gossip mags, rarely a truthful line among them,, i brought the 1st lot New Idea, Australian weekly OK,Who and have only flicked through the pages there's some nice pictures in some again haven't really read them either. i heard every thing i wanted and Not wanted on the news it was more for the covers as they seemed to be the nicest out of the lot for a keepsake.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 07:56:22 am »
Leslie, I received the magazine today.  Thanks so much.  I was worried I might not receive it before we close for Chinese New Year holidays, in which case I'll have to wait until next week. 

Oh, excellent! Thanks for letting me know!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!