Author Topic: Magazines featuring Heath  (Read 50123 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Magazines featuring Heath
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2008, 03:32:46 am »
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that Advocate issue (in Chicago)? I've never even seen The Advocate for sale anywhere, and I'd really like to have a copy of that one.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:41 am »
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that Advocate issue (in Chicago)? I've never even seen The Advocate for sale anywhere, and I'd really like to have a copy of that one.

If you don't feel like chasing one down, you can always order a back issue.

This is from their website:

Order Back Issues
To order back issues, call 1-800-827-0561 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST.

Please have the issue number or cover date available when you call. Single copies of back issues are available for $4.99 US each plus $4.50 US postage and handling for the first copy, $1.50 US for each additional copy, pre-paid in US funds only.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:06:27 pm by Fran »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2008, 04:21:49 pm »
Phew! I just bought the Empire magazine with Heath on the cover off ebay.

Yeah! My first purchase ever!  ;D I bid unsuccessfully for three times and finally today there was one on offer with a 'buy now' tag, so I didn't hesitate.

this bidding is not my thing! So time consuming.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
Phew! I just bought the Empire magazine with Heath on the cover off ebay.

Yeah! My first purchase ever!  ;D I bid unsuccessfully for three times and finally today there was one on offer with a 'buy now' tag, so I didn't hesitate.

this bidding is not my thing! So time consuming.

Congratulations, Fabienne!

I am still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail....impatiently waiting, I might add!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 11:45:14 pm »
I don't know it this has already been posted elsewhere, but I saw this on IMDb's World Entertainment News Network for 13 March 2008: 

Williams and Friends Pay Magazine Tribute to Ledger
Heath Ledger's closest Hollywood pals, including ex-partners Michelle Williams and Naomi Watts, have spoken out for the first time since his death in January. The pair joined forces with director Todd Haynes - who made Ledger's movie I'm Not There - actors Sean Penn, Philip Seymour Hoffman, his agent Steve Alexander, and pal Ellen DeGeneres, to talk to Interview magazine about their relationship with the star. . . 

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-03-13/

And on TV Guide's site: 

Today's News: Our Take
Michelle Williams: Heath Was "Vulnerable"

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Michelle-Williams-Heath/800035536

I picked up a copy of the magazine today.  There's a nice four-page spread of mostly quotes from people about Heath.  There's three photos, my favorite being the one of him and Michelle when Michelle was pregnant.  But there's a twist to the picture that makes it. 

I think the issue is so new that even the Interview site (www.interviewmagazine.com/) doesn't display the cover (But the site does crash my browser every time.).  The cover features Madonna in boxing drag, looking fierce. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2008, 01:27:33 pm »
The Empire magazine I bought on Ebay has arrived today. The pic of Heath on the cover is just stunning.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2008, 01:32:17 pm »
The Empire magazine I bought on Ebay has arrived today. The pic of Heath on the cover is just stunning.

That's great, Fabienne.

I just won one today too!  I love the cover picture as well. 

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 12:05:03 pm »
cmr107,even if you can get a copy of "The Advocate",here I post the articles about Heath on it,if it could be of any interest for somebody... :) Sorry because the quality is a little low...

The editorial:

The article:

The last two pages are side by side, so the bottom of the last page is a continuation of the what Diana Ossana wrote about Heath, you should read it like this:

[/quote]
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

mvansand76

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 03:48:58 pm »
Thank you so much, myprivatejack!!!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2008, 05:55:40 pm »
Thank you so much, myprivatejack!!!  :-* :-* :-*

You´re welcome,Snavel¡   :-*   :-* 
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.