Author Topic: A Special Greeting to Our Australian Friends Joining Us In Mourning...  (Read 8954 times)

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: A Special Greeting to Our Australian Friends Joining Us In Mourning...
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:50:22 am »
Welcome to our Aussie Friends.

Here are a few words to explain the flowers in the snow on the tribute photo which may be somewhat puzzling to them.

After a deeply moving visit of the filming sites in July with the Bettermost ‘Pilgrimage’ I had planned to return to Alberta for my second BBM anniversary, on January 26th, to be ‘closer to Ennis and Jack’ who have done so much for me and many of us. Little did I know that it would be in tears that I would walk down Ennis’s fight hill on my way to the Camp where they were once flying in the euphoric, bitter air, suspended above ordinary affairs.

It was a glorious afternoon, the snow was glittering, so pure, covering the bridge, the spot where they had embraced, the fire area, the mountains all around. The river was full of life, flowing fast between its icy banks.  Close to where Ennis had set up the tent, I found a spot sheltered from the wind and from non Brokie eyes. There I put spring flowers for hope and also live flowers because Heath will live within us as long as we are alive. We owe him so much ! The colours were among those he seemed to like : orange, yellow and red – those of a  sunset. Or a sunrise. The bridge was visible in the distance as Heath would have seen it from the tent, the only sounds were the wind, the river and chirping birds. There was such peace and beauty, and something so special in the air and in the light, I would not be surprised if Heath was hovering, smiling over what he had done for us.

I spent a long time there with him, remembering what he had given us ; remembering also the happy times spent in this Camp with fellow Brokies in the summer. And thanking Heath on behalf of all of us. As I was lost in my thoughts I suddenly had the eerie feeling that something was happening : the live flowers were slowly turning away from the light, towards the cut tulips and bending over them - the living taking care of the one whose life was cut too short.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 08:24:35 am »
Thank you Mouk....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 12:16:14 pm »
Mouk, thank you for doing this and for sharing it with us through your beautiful picture and your touching words.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 12:26:09 pm »
Thank you Mouk for making this very special tribute to Heath and for making us all a part of it.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 09:49:18 pm »
Mouk -

Your description is as beautiful as the picture you posted of it!

Thank you!   :-*

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:35 pm »

I'll just echo what's been said here already... mouk, that's such a lovely description.  Thank you so much.  :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »
Awww Mouk,
The tears are flowing again!
That was such a beautiful description.
I felt like I was there. I'm quite sure Heath was there.
I love that you planted flowers there!
Tell ya what! When the next pilgrimage is made in '09, I think it owul dbe cool if everyone would bring some sort of seeds,bulbs or cuttings that could be planted and maybe fill the whole area with flowers in memory of heath and what happened there. I think it would be ecspecially cool if someone could get some Irisis from Lightning Flat and take there.
Maybe silly to some but I thnk it would be beautiful. Mouks Daffodils will be the first! ;D

Welcome to our Aussie Friends.

Here are a few words to explain the flowers in the snow on the tribute photo which may be somewhat puzzling to them.

After a deeply moving visit of the filming sites in July with the Bettermost ‘Pilgrimage’ I had planned to return to Alberta for my second BBM anniversary, on January 26th, to be ‘closer to Ennis and Jack’ who have done so much for me and many of us. Little did I know that it would be in tears that I would walk down Ennis’s fight hill on my way to the Camp where they were once flying in the euphoric, bitter air, suspended above ordinary affairs.

It was a glorious afternoon, the snow was glittering, so pure, covering the bridge, the spot where they had embraced, the fire area, the mountains all around. The river was full of life, flowing fast between its icy banks.  Close to where Ennis had set up the tent, I found a spot sheltered from the wind and from non Brokie eyes. There I put spring flowers for hope and also live flowers because Heath will live within us as long as we are alive. We owe him so much ! The colours were among those he seemed to like : orange, yellow and red – those of a  sunset. Or a sunrise. The bridge was visible in the distance as Heath would have seen it from the tent, the only sounds were the wind, the river and chirping birds. There was such peace and beauty, and something so special in the air and in the light, I would not be surprised if Heath was hovering, smiling over what he had done for us.

I spent a long time there with him, remembering what he had given us ; remembering also the happy times spent in this Camp with fellow Brokies in the summer. And thanking Heath on behalf of all of us. As I was lost in my thoughts I suddenly had the eerie feeling that something was happening : the live flowers were slowly turning away from the light, towards the cut tulips and bending over them - the living taking care of the one whose life was cut too short.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 11:48:39 pm »
Thanks Mouk for sharing the beautiful picture and the beautiful description with us and our beloved Heath's family and friends.

Debbie

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 06:42:17 pm »

Mouk

I just cant say how beautiful your picture, your flowers, and your sentiment is.

Simply Thank You...

Beautiful mind

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 08:26:26 am »
Gasp that this is so melancholy, and yet so loving!  I somehow do not feel so alone.  That others might feel this way, as do I.  Bless you mouk.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare