Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184736 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 05:06:12 pm »
I have only one to add, but I love it. It's from the Logo special about BBM ("them" refers to the audience, to us):

"I hope it sticks to them. I hope it gets them thinking. I hope it presents more questions than answers."

Definitely, Heath, definitely.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 05:13:48 pm »
I think there were interviews in GQ and VLife with Heath that I do not have access to.  I am hoping someone will check out their memorabilia collections and maybe find some more quotes to contribute...

"Heath, I swear..."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:18:28 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 06:03:09 pm »
Bruce, how would you feel about us including aural and visual Heath quotes?  Actual videos or audio tapes?  Or would you prefer a separate thread for that?

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 06:07:20 pm »
I think adding audio and video is a great great idea!

(I'd need some help with that...)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:03:36 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 06:11:46 pm »
Heath accepts the Santa Barbara Film Festival Award (2:49)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdaWA2OBALI[/youtube]

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 10:06:38 pm »

{{{{Bruce}}}}  This is the best idea for a thread!!!!  What an absolutely wonderful archive of quotations this is becoming.  Reading all of these is just so interesting.  I can imagine this being a really valuable resource long into the future. 

I copied one from way back at the beginning of this thread that I loved. "It transcends a label. It's a story of two human beings that are in love; get over the fact that it's two men — that's the point.”

They're all just so great!

Thank you for all your work compiling these.
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:48 pm »

Thanks everyone for all these.  Part of my grieving process would be to go out, buy a lovely blank book, stick my favorite pictures of Heath in it and handwrite all of these quotes down in it.

Lovely.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 03:05:45 am »
Hey True,
This is a great topic for a thread. Finally a compilation of Heath's thoughts on Brokeback all in one place.
I'm still sore 'bout that so-called "Special Edition DVD". It doesn't even have the original trailer for the film on there!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 04:44:48 am »
Regarding Batman:

HL: No, but I did do 3-D image scanning. I don’t know what they’re doing with it. This Bat truck turned up at my place in L.A.. It had these gadgets and cameras that zoom around you and up and down you. It instantly projects a three dimensional image of you. I’ve never used anything that high tech before in a film. I felt like I was in the truck from Knight Rider.

Ironically, this might be the key to finishing up "The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus".

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 08:34:07 am »
"Monster's Ball" was the first time I felt like I had to do something about it; and what I had to do was essentially nothing. At the time, I just boiled it down, take off the shine, and destroy it a little bit.