Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184693 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2008, 04:37:35 pm »
This thread is a treasure. Thank you Bruce!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2008, 05:10:58 pm »
To all of you who have expressed their thanks for this thread--

Rather than dwell in mourning, I choose to celebrate the life that was Heath Ledger. 

I thank you all for sharing in this celebration with me.

He was among us too briefly, but from the very first time I saw him on screen, I saw something real and raw, beautiful and sad, rich and complex -- and it moved me deeply. 

Our lives were richer for knowing you Heath, and the world seems emptier without you. 

Peace be with you all,

Bruce
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 05:33:15 pm »
To all of you who have expressed their thanks for this thread--

Rather than dwell in mourning, I choose to celebrate the life that was Heath Ledger. 

I thank you all for sharing in this celebration with me.

He was among us too briefly, but from the very first time I saw him on screen, I saw something real and raw, beautiful and sad, rich and complex -- and it moved me deeply. 

Our lives were richer for knowing you Heath, and the world seems emptier without you. 

Peace be with you all,

Bruce

Amen.  And Peace be with you, too.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2008, 09:20:55 pm »
Here is Heath on Ellen talking about Brokeback Mountain:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOpJsdjrEU[/youtube]
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 02:39:39 am »
"... (We) wanted to tell a story of someone who transcends the label of straight or gay; he's a soul that falls in love with another soul within the vessel of a man."

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 05:38:37 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 04:25:31 am »
MTV: I hear you play a lot of chess in Washington Square Park.

Heath Ledger: Yeah. I've played since I was a kid. I play at least one game a day.

MTV: That's dedication.

Ledger: Yeah, or obsession.

MTV: Smoking and chess?

Ledger: Yeah, they go hand in hand.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 04:30:03 am »
"I would have fun making [action movies], I just wouldn't want anyone to see them. If I could work out a deal like that where I could make the movies, run around, jump off things, shoot guns - OK, that would be fun." — to the Canadian Press, September 2006

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 05:02:21 am »
(on playing the Joker in the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight") He's just out of control. He has no empathy. He's a sociopath, psychotic, mass-murdering clown. And I'm just thoroughly, thoroughly enjoying it

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 05:04:29 am »
 I'm the worst auditioner; really, really bad. I mean, you're being judged and I'm just so aware of it that it consumes me. I can't relax, I'm tied in knots, so the voice is very taut and tense.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 05:06:11 am »

Thank you for showing us Heath as a real live person.  Not a trumped up flash point on a tv screen
or a movie.  A brilliant, funny, warm, charming, and caring man.        Thank you       janice

Beautiful mind