Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184671 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2008, 03:05:23 pm »
"Having a child changes every aspect of your life - for the better, of course. The sacrifices are large but what you get in return is even bigger than the sacrifices you make. I feel in a sense ready to die because you are living on in your child."

Oh Heath...  :'(

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2008, 03:42:02 pm »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2008, 03:49:58 pm »
Thank you Bruce for this thread. All the quotes and pictures are such a wonderful tribute.
 :) :'(

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2008, 05:10:43 am »
I really appreciate this Bruce.
This is the thread that I find more comforting, where I can hear Heath's words.
BbM, I swear

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2008, 09:10:59 am »
"My agent told me, 'You're perfect for this one.'"

"If anything, if there was a risk involved, it excited me. I like causing trouble."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
"There's a lot of angry, stupid people out there, who are so busy worrying about this gay marriage crap."

"Those people may have a problem with this. But I say, 'Good.'"
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:12 am »
"I'd like to make my own mistakes. I don't like people making them for me. That's not that hard to understand, right?"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2008, 03:12:18 pm »
"My agent told me, 'You're perfect for this one.'"

"If anything, if there was a risk involved, it excited me. I like causing trouble."

Love that!!!!! 

Bruce, I know I'm repeating myself, but "thank you!" 

This thread is a safe harbor for me - a much-need peaceful and positive place to be.   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2008, 04:32:40 pm »
Heath Ledger on "Two Hands":

"I play Jimmy -- he’s a young guy who's basically grown up his whole life in the Cross."

"His mum maybe was a prostitute, say his father’s dead maybe, and ... he’s in a world where he believes this is his only path in life, you know.  He’s been given this life and this is what he has to do."

"I suppose that's one of those situations everyone in life kind of …comes upon at an early age.  And it s not until he’s blind, you can say, until he can see."

"When he meets a lovely young lady, Alex, and she opens his eyes and lets him see that there’s another light at the end of the tunnel.  It’s interesting …he never really notices this until he gets into the deep end and he ends up having to rob a bank anyway, and get the money back to the bad guys before he can get on with his new life."

"It’s an Australian gangster comedy. It’s a very funny film, but then on the other hand, it equally balances itself out, it counterbalances with ... it’s like shock value comedy. And there’s a lot of drama, it’s sad, and it’s happy.  And it resolves itself in the end. It makes you feel like you have seen the end of a movie.   It hasn’t just cut you short."

"I think the energy and the feel of the whole thing, and how where its shot in King’s Cross, and the lights -- as I said before its something we haven’t really seen. Is the gangster side of Sydney."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:31 pm »
Love that!!!!! 

Bruce, I know I'm repeating myself, but "thank you!" 

This thread is a safe harbor for me - a much-need peaceful and positive place to be.   :)

Marie

My deepest appreciation to all who have expressed thanks for this thread!

And thank you, Heath.  We miss you!