Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184706 times)

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:45 am »

Sometimes you must scream out loud in order to discover a whisper.

Heath's speech at the Santa Barbara Film Festival:
. Sometimes you must scream out loud in order to discover a whisper. So I thank all these beautiful minds and... (I missed a part here) for putting up with my screams, and I thank everyone for their patience in waiting for me to find the whisper within the words. And here's to making more mistakes."

Clear audio of Heath voice"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20173623,00.html

This seems to be the missing part to the speech above:

"Sometimes you must scream out loud in order to discover how to whisper. I thank all of these beautiful minds and these wonderful crews around them in the past years for putting up with my screams and I thank everyone for their patience in waiting for me to find the whisper within the words. And here's to making more mistakes."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2008, 11:53:40 am »
“I went to Guildford Grammar back in Perth. It was kind of like a military school. If you did cadets, you had to wear a uniform. But I didn’t want to fight. I thought it was strange that they were teaching kids to shoot automatic weapons at 16. If you didn’t do that, they made you play sports. So I played a lot of field hockey.… And cricket. And Australian-rules football. But I played them all just to get out of cadets. I mean, who wants to shoot an automatic rifle? What the fuck was I going to use that for?”
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:11:56 pm by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2008, 03:51:41 pm »
Congratulations on becoming a father!  But we have to say we never imagined you as a dad.

Well, it’s definitely my greatest achievement.  I now feel connected to something a lot bigger than me.  And it’s beautiful.  I’m born to be a father, really!  I’ve been looking forward to this all my life.  And unlike my character in Brokeback, I’m very expressive, and in touch with love.  And my girls.

Yes, we hear you‘re spending a lot of time being a helpful hubby.

Yeah, happily!  What else am I gonna do?  After the birthing process, I realized how stupid and weak men are.  I might as well not have been in there, I was that useless!  So now I’m at home doing dishes.

You and Michelle play a couple that’s drifting apart in the movie, but you were falling in love in real life.  How strange was that?

If anything, it just made it all the more interesting.  I think it would have been boring if we were falling in love on screen.  It would have been easy and obvious.  We were working against the odds!  What happened between us was out of our control.  It was just something very beautiful and deep.

Although you marry Michelle’s character, I’s Jack (played by Jake Gyllenhaal) who you really fall in love with. Jake said kissing you was a very ‘exfoliating’ experience.

Um… yeah.  I mean, it was certainly…. Rough!

Ang Lee said your concern about getting intimate with Jake made your performances more real.

Yeah.  He’s right.  I was a virgin to the situation, like my character was.  So I kind of just used that.  I was like, why hide it, when this is what it should be?

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2008, 04:16:23 pm »

I love this image. Two beautiful faces filled with light.
(And such a snazzy scarf! So Heathen.)

Thanks, Bruce.

:)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2008, 05:30:38 pm »
"I take great pride in my soul, and the consistency and longevity of my love."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2008, 06:52:06 pm »

I love this image. Two beautiful faces filled with light.
(And such a snazzy scarf! So Heathen.)

Thanks, Bruce.

:)

And the colors of the scarf and the Dalai Lama's robes seem to match perfectly!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2008, 08:51:48 am »
About the infamous "Sunrise" interview, after which Heath was accused of rudeness because he sat peeling an orange during entire interview:

"It was the worst thing I could have done. When it was aired they had people calling in asking, 'Who does he think he is? He's not he should get off his high horse.'

"Then the next day, they had oranges on the show and were chucking them around, saying I could stick an orange up my... you know what.

"So I wrote a letter of apology, explaining I was doing a lot of back-to-back TV interviews that day and just reached for some fruit. I had them read it out on air.

"I went from zero to hero. The audience reaction was, 'That nice Heath must have a good family, and he is well brought up. We love him - isn't he a great actor?'

"Australians are the world's greatest at cutting you down to size, and I'd better not forget it. I just have to remember not to take myself too seriously."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:12 am »
About the infamous "Sunrise" interview, after which Heath was accused of rudeness because he sat peeling an orange during entire interview:

I've never heard of this. I made me laugh though. Sounds very much like him.  :)

Or maybe he wanted to keep his hands busy while talking!  :D

Thanks for posting that Bruce.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2008, 11:14:48 am »
The infamous "Sunrise" interview:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="
&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2008, 03:36:05 am »
I love that he peeled that orange, and I love HOW he peeled that orange.  I would watch him peel an orange over most things.