Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184708 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2008, 04:37:44 pm »
Heath Andrew Ledger playing the Didge on Ellen Degeneres's show:

I can't embed it, so here's the link:

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2008, 09:06:31 am »
On turning down big Hollywood projects offered him:

"It wasn't a hard decision for me.

It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, 'You're crazy,' my parents were like, 'Come on, you have to eat."'

Associated Press 2001.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2008, 03:28:03 am »
ON BEING THE NEXT MEL GIBSON:

‘‘Last time I was back in town Hugh Jackman was the next Mel Gibson. The time before that it was Guy Pearce. I think Russell Crowe has been the next Mel Gibson too. I just switch off.''

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2008, 03:31:35 am »
ON BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN:

‘‘I think it would be unfair to the gay community to say it's not a gay story. That gay relationship is not a virus. It's not a disease. It's that a soul within a vessel falls in love with another soul within another vessel, in this case in the form of a man.''

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2008, 01:52:17 am »
ON BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN:

‘‘I think it would be unfair to the gay community to say it's not a gay story. That gay relationship is not a virus. It's not a disease. It's that a soul within a vessel falls in love with another soul within another vessel, in this case in the form of a man.''

wow.  i loved what he said here.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2008, 12:13:21 am »
ON BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN:

Exactly!  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2008, 08:41:17 am »
On filming Brokeback Mountain.

It's rare to come upon a script so beautifully written. But that shoot was just torturous at times. It was a really tough, lonely shoot... Ennis has no confidence and he's lonely, so I wanted him to be slumped and uncomfortable and ... just very bleak. I wanted him to be a clenched fist; and therefore my mouth became clenched, too. It affects you quite a lot, you know? It really does. You go home, switch off, have a glass of wine and relax. But the second you lay down and go to sleep, you close your eyes and go through everything that happened the whole day. I feel like a sponge when I'm working. But I had a real sense of accomplishment once I'd finished."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2008, 11:14:54 pm »
I love this thread so much, and also appreciate the care you all have chosen in selecting images to accompany the quotes.  :-*

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2008, 11:22:39 pm »
I love this thread so much, and also appreciate the care you all have chosen in selecting images to accompany the quotes.  :-*

Ditto and ditto.  :-*

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2008, 01:43:12 am »
This one of the first threads I've ventured into but because I didn't cry today (not much) I felt as though I could manage it. So much for not crying today. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing Heath's number one fan closer to him. Really. Thank. You.  :-*

roux

Heathen