Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184834 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2008, 07:14:07 am »
Heath to an unnamed director the day after Brokeback won three Academy Awards (but didn't earn Best Picture or any awards for its actors), in the context of the fatigue he experienced promoting the film:

"I may never make another good movie again."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2008, 04:48:10 pm »
About making Brokeback Mountain:

"Well, I met Michelle, and that quite honestly is the most exciting thing about this movie for me is uh – I got a family out of it of my own."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2008, 04:52:23 pm »
Heath introduces his Alaskan Eskimo dog while promoting "10 Things I Hate about You":

"Bint!"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2008, 05:01:36 pm »
This one of the first threads I've ventured into but because I didn't cry today (not much) I felt as though I could manage it. So much for not crying today. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing Heath's number one fan closer to him. Really. Thank. You.  :-*

roux

((((roux))))

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2008, 05:06:10 pm »
Awww, he was a dog person!

Yes he was...

Offline optom3

« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:52 pm »
Bruce, This thanks is long overdue.I simply could not pluck up the courage to read all of this till today.

It is a truly lovely thread and I cannot imagine how much work it must have taken. It had me weeping even after all this time but a massive thankyou all the same.

I can't believe he really thought BBM was either the best or worst film he had made.So self effacing.What a terrible loss,enough said.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2008, 09:51:13 am »
Heath Ledger in an interview with the BBC:

"What is it about wrangling Jake Gyllenhaal up in the mountains that frightens me? Just that! But it obviously doesn't scare me away because I'm doing it. Aren't we at the stage these days when it just doesn't ******* matter? It's a story of love and it's a story between two people. If people can't get over that and just accept it as a story, then that's their problem. I'm big enough and brave enough to do it in the fact that being brave is having to answer questions like that."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:33 am »
Bruce, This thanks is long overdue.I simply could not pluck up the courage to read all of this till today.

It is a truly lovely thread and I cannot imagine how much work it must have taken. It had me weeping even after all this time but a massive thankyou all the same.
Thank you...

I can't believe he really thought BBM was either the best or worst film he had made.So self effacing.What a terrible loss,enough said.

So very true...

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »
Regarding getting BbM actually made:

"There was this kind of industry-manufactured fear and risk factor that was surrounding the script."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2008, 09:14:57 pm »
Awe this is a wonderful Thread.  Thank you so much for all the great quotes, great photos, the interviews anf the vid clips.  Heath was amamzing.  He will live in my heart forever.  What a sweet sweet sole.  Thank you.

{{{{TOoP/Bruce}}}}