Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184716 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2008, 08:04:12 pm »
Heath is referring to how he approaches the craft of acting.  To "harness the infinite power of belief" is not to "play" a character, but to focus and "become" a character, and feel that character's life "in the moment."  In that moment, you are that character, and you really feel the things your character feels.  Some actors refer to it as a "willing suspension of disbelief."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2008, 10:21:06 pm »
Unusual video...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Wow, that's a stunner.  Thanks, Bruce.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2008, 10:27:52 pm »
If:
     Heath is referring to how he approaches the craft of acting.  To "harness the infinite power of belief" is not to "play" a character, but to focus and "become" a character, and feel that character's life "in the moment."  In that moment, you are that character, and you really feel the things your character feels.  Some actors refer to it as a "willing suspension of disbelief."

so that does not mean that Heath had a belief in two men being in love together?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2008, 11:03:33 pm »

That video is magical Bruce.  I have seen a couple others he has done, and they all
are so singularly unique.  They just display what a beautiful mind he had.   So brilliant.
We are never to know what all we have lost...

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2008, 04:10:03 am »
Thank you Bruce.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2008, 01:13:47 pm »
Heath on Graham Norton doing "The Life of Heath Ledger"...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2009, 12:44:57 am »
On turning down "Spiderman":

"It's not for me. I would be taking someone else's dream away.'"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2009, 06:29:16 pm »
On the prospect of Brokeback Mountain being nominated for an Academy Award:

“Obviously it's an honor for the film to be in that category, but it's really strange for me that films and performances are compared as if we're all running the same race. We're all doing different ‘sports’ and we're all training differently, so you can't really compare them ever. They really are there for marketing reasons, but we can't help but get dragged into it. We're dragged into this false sense of success if they nominate you and then a false sense of failure when you don't win.”

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2009, 05:53:18 am »
TOoP/Bruce,

I have already watched some of these videos, but now that I finally have broadband at home I'll be watching  and "re-watching" many times all of them!
Thank you for this very special thread!
BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2009, 03:03:16 am »
Yes, Bruce, thank you so much for this pure treasure.