Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 71885 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:33:18 am »
I'm sure I speak for everyone (or just about) here when I say there is nothing I'd like more in the realm of reality now than to have the toxicology results come back negative.  Not just to spare Heath's name, and his family and loved ones, all the bullshit that comes with a drug overdose by a star.  But so these tabloid assholes could look to *everyone* exactly like what we know they really are:  self-serving idiots.

Very well said, ednbarby. I heard some idiot that came out of the woodworks saying she scored heroin for Heath, once. They're trash!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:35:00 am »
Hi all.  I am a huge fan of Brokeback Mountain, and the initial first days of not knowing how Jake was taking Heath's death had me bewildered.  I didn't understand why he didn't make a statement.  I know now that Jake is taking this  very hard.  I am so sorry Jake is taking this so hard.  I know what it feels like to loose friends because of drugs.  It's very difficult, sad and hard to get over.

The toxology results come back on Feb. 5th  I hope the toxology report on Heath comes back negative for drugs. CNN and the upcoming issue of People magazine speculate that drugs are what caused the early end to this man's life; a wonderful actor, movie star, father, son, brother, friend all that Heath was.  Ennis Delmar.. Jack's Ennis...Our Ennis. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 07:07:58 pm »
Hi, I'm relatively new here but it's been great to be able to come here the past week.  I really appreciate it.  Anyway, here is a link to People.com where there is the article about Jake taking Heath's death "harder than most."  It also tells about Jake putting Heath's picture up in the cell as kind of a joke.  It's sweet too though.  Hope the link works. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174820,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20080130-20174820

Thanks KellyD - nice to see ya  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 10:29:43 pm »
The thing that bothers me the most is that I truly do not believe that Heath died of a drug overdose..  I havent thought that from the beginning.  Its these recent reports that of friends in hollywood saying he was on drugs that has me worried..    I truly in my heart have always thought that Heath died from natural causes

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00:31 am »
The thing that bothers me the most is that I truly do not believe that Heath died of a drug overdose..  I havent thought that from the beginning.  Its these recent reports that of friends in hollywood saying he was on drugs that has me worried..    I truly in my heart have always thought that Heath died from natural causes

Either way, I don't feel it's justified for the press and gossip tabloids to pass judgment on the cause of death.  It's an enormous tragedy no matter what the cause.  Sometimes I feel like with the press/tabloid urge to press the "drug overdose" story too far, there's an underlying sense of "blaming the victim."  To me that's just so unfair. 

The thing I hope the most (in any scenario leading up to his passing away) is that he wasn't truly sad or depressed like some reports also seem to suggest.  To me that's the most important thing.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 12:01:14 am »
I read on IHJ that Jake G, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, and Christain Bale are going to help finish Heaths last film, Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus as a tribute to Heath.. They were all close friends to Heath. 

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:07 am »

Either way, I don't feel it's justified for the press and gossip tabloids to pass judgment on the cause of death.  It's an enormous tragedy no matter what the cause.  Sometimes I feel like with the press/tabloid urge to press the "drug overdose" story too far, there's an underlying sense of "blaming the victim."  To me that's just so unfair. 

The thing I hope the most (in any scenario leading up to his passing away) is that he wasn't truly sad or depressed like some reports also seem to suggest.  To me that's the most important thing.

I agree 100% with you Amanda, but I really had a need to know about what was going on with Jake..  Heath and Jake are our Jack and Ennis..   The thing that has brought us all together here on Bettermost..  Heath and Jake deserve not to be hounded by the paps, as they are terrible and relentless.  But having such a "close" connection to Jake via Brokeback mountain as well as his other movies makes it important to know how Jake is ??!!!   I don't think its wrong to want to know  how he is doing..  of course he cares.   He is seriously grieving the loss of someone very close to him..  The fact that he keeps a pic of Heath in his pocket shows the love he "has" for the man.  Its still hard to believe Heath is dead..   I don't want to think it was depression or drugs or loneliness.  And i hat the paps..   I was one of the first on the Jake Jake Jake thread to say i dont like the pap pics but do welcome the studio shots. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 12:14:51 am »
I really had a need to know about what was going on with Jake..  Heath and Jake are our Jack and Ennis..   The thing that has brought us all together here on Bettermost..  Heath and Jake deserve not to be hounded by the paps, as they are terrible and relentless.  But having such a "close" connection to Jake via Brokeback mountain as well as his other movies makes it important to know how Jake is ??!!!   I don't think its wrong to want to know  how he is doing..  of course he cares.   He is seriously grieving the loss of someone very close to him..  The fact that he keeps a pic of Heath in his pocket shows the love he "has" for the man.  Its still hard to believe Heath is dead..   I don't want to think it was depression or drugs or loneliness.  And i hat the paps..   I was one of the first on the Jake Jake Jake thread to say i dont like the pap pics but do welcome the studio shots. 

{{{dev}}} And, I agree with this 100%   :-*

I read on IHJ that Jake G, Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, and Christain Bale are going to help finish Heaths last film, Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus as a tribute to Heath.. They were all close friends to Heath. 

And, this is certainly a very sweet idea.  At this point, it's hard to know what to believe with so many stories and speculative reports going around.  But, this is definitely a really touching idea.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 09:37:49 pm »
And, this is certainly a very sweet idea.  At this point, it's hard to know what to believe with so many stories and speculative reports going around.  But, this is definitely a really touching idea.

I agree.  And with all you and Dev have said here, as well.  "Blaming the victim" - that's exactly what they're doing.  And it's disgusting.

I also think it's perfectly understandable to want to know Jake's OK.

It's good to know he isn't dealing with this alone - that he has someone he loves to be with and to help him through it.

I, too, hate the pap pics and refuse to look at them, even when they're posted here.  I just think it's such an intrusion.  I don't want or need to see stars "doing normal stuff like everyone else" - I know they do.  They're human just like everyone else.  Let's extend them the same dignity we'd want extended to ourselves.  Oh - there's that pesky Golden Rule again.  Wouldn't want to let that get in the way of making a buck or two or something.

(Sorry - here comes the Anger rearing its ugly head again.)

No more beans!

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 06:14:19 am »
I'm so glad that, so far, at least, Jake has been able to slip past the paparazzi bullshit bloodhounds.  He is probably in deep mourning, as anyone of us would be after losing a close friend.  I've been there a few times, and especially in the case of a sudden death, the shock takes time to wear off.  I think I know where I would want to go, if I were Jake.....  Enough said.  God bless you, Jake.  Our hearts are with you! 

THE WINGS