Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 71886 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 10:51:16 pm »
Have you seen the reports that Kirsten Dunst has just checked herself into a rehab facility - news keep claiming that what happened to Heath finally made her realize she needed help. Don't know the veracity of that, maybe it's just gossip, but...  I know it's years since she and Jake broke up, but one thing and the other - I'm sure it's pretty tough on him. But at least he's got a loving family who can take care of him.

I do think it's strange that he's been so noticably absent though.

Yes, I've seen the reports.  However, I've neither heard nor read anything that states she learned a lesson from Heath's death.  I hardly want to compare the two.  Heath's was purely accidental.  Kirsten...well, her nickname hasn't been Kirsten Drunk by accident.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 10:56:50 pm »
Well, we know that the production had to be halted on his current film because he was too distraught.  That's not the MO for our usually impeccably professional Jake - Jake who has never been fired from any job he's ever had and who is understandably quite proud of that.  I think his poor heart has been broken in two, and he's having a much more difficult time dealing with that than perhaps anyone would have suspected.  I'm glad he's with a grown-up woman who can help him through it and that he's not dealing with it alone.  But I'm worried for him, in a startlingly maternal way.

Was it because he was too distraught or because the producers wanted to give him time to grieve?  I remember he went back to work a week after the news, but supposedly the scene he shot wasn't very good due to his distracted state.  Based on what little that article gave, it seemed more he was disturbed and distracted than distraught.  He was able to be out and about for the L.A. memorial and he went out in public with Reese and the kids at least once.  I'm starting to wonder if it's not that he's overcome with grief as much as he wants to let the media frenzy die down before showing himself.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:02 pm »

>:( :( :( ???  I don't know why I'm so fixated on this situation with Jake, but it's seeming more and more distressing to me.  I think this has a lot to do with personal ideas and reactions to grief.  But, I simply can't imagine missing a good friend's/ a best friend's funeral or memorial service.  I really like Cate Blanchett and it's great that she was so involved.  But, it just seems like such a huge omission to not have Jake there and actually playing a rather large role in the memorial.  I guess I just don't get it.

:(

Hi A...

Sending you a hug...

I would maybe just hope that Jake is dealing/coping in a way that we are just not privy too...  that's doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad, it's just that we don't get to know about it...
 :-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 11:30:25 pm »
I thought I saw on the news that Jake was going to be at the memorial service in Perth, but apparently that did not happen. I do think it is very strange that he has dropped so much out of sight and has made no comments at all.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 12:59:56 am »
I don't know about this one.. It may be strange that he did not go to Perth, but it's his right, no? We don't know his reasons and it is upsetting not to know how he is doing and whether he is coping, but I think that I'd be ok if he didn't appear on any channel anywhere for another while. It must be an extra pressure for him, in this difficult time, to know that everyone will want to know something about him. Ask him about how he feels. Any questions at this point I think will be of no use whatsoever. I think it was very brave of Heath's parents, Ang Lee and Michelle Williams to give a statement so quickly and I'm sure it took off the pressure of having everyone expecting of them to 'share' their grief with us and the media. That pressure is still with Jake and I don't want to add to it. I think he has every right to take all the time in the world before giving any statement or answering any questions. I can see it now already, how people will not stop asking.. I am hoping so much, that Jake is coping.. somehow.. I think he must be very vulnerable at this point, with his heart bursting with pain. I can't imagine him forcing himself to hold it all together in front of a camera..

All the time he needs!

[I never went to my grandmother's funeral (the only one of my grandparents I ever knew) - I was informed too late.. First I was very angry but now, with time, I believe that this means I never had to say goodbye to her and that she's still there, next to me.. somewhere.. If that makes sense.. Maybe Jake doesn't want to say goodbye, just yet..]

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 07:37:22 am »
It's been strange reading the posts here on Jake and then the ones over at the DC Board. Both places concerned about Jake's wellbeing and respectfully wondering what's happening - but with a very different view of whether or not Jake had tp pause filming or is currently continuing to film "Brothers" atm.

According to the info over there he came back onset after a couple of days and  filmed a scene, and the filming has been ongoing this past week. Filming in Los Alamos wraps today, as a matter of fact; - here's a link that gives more details: http://www.losalamosnm.us/index.asp?Type=B_PR&SEC={E2383F39-DD36-4B5A-989C-3D677CC73A43}&DE={F878B67B-D2CE-4042-B5BA-B225D8215274}

Don't know whether Jake was in the scenes filmed there this week of course, but if he were it explains why he wasn't at the Perth funeral.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 07:49:17 am »
Was Ang at the funeral? Or otbher BBM reps? anne Hathaway?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 07:56:25 am »
I don't know why you think I deserve such a snide exasperated reply.  ???   :( My last sentence was written in light of the various media reports that he was in fact going to Australia / had actually arrived there. As to why Jake might be closer to Heath and Michelle than Ang Lee and others, that has been covered extensively in this thread and elsewhere so no need to go through it again.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 08:18:57 am »
Oh Mikela! Sorry! I wasn't meaning to sound exhasperated to your reply - far from it! Your posts are always so great!

It was just my line of thinking after catching up with this thread and I just wondered! maybe not the best thread to put it on, but was just thinking aloud!

:-*

Sorry again!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline opinionista

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 08:29:10 am »
At first I thought Jake was indeed in Perth, and that he might have chosen to spend the day with Matilda instead, taking her to the zoo or somewhere fun along with her nanny. But now that I think of it and the fact that he is in none of the pictures, not even the ones of the ocean plunge at the end of the wake (he could've left Matilda with the nany after a trip to the zoo for example and go to the wake), it is possible that someone else was confused with Jake at the airport, hence the reports about his supposed arrival to Perth.

I've also noticed that the people who attended the funeral were all aussies except for Michelle. Only aussie actors, directors and other friends were there. If I am wrong please someone say so. I'm not too sure who exactly went but the names I read in the press were all of australian people. So, there might be a possibility that both Michelle and Heath's family asked Jake, Ang Lee and everyone else at the states not to attend the funeral to keep the media frenzy under control. Remember, they had two memorial services in Los Angeles, and it was probably to avoid that.  That is the only rational explanation I can give to Jake's absence at the funeral, but who knows.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.