Author Topic: Everyone Please Read !!!  (Read 21587 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Everyone Please Read !!!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:29 am »
My heart goes out to Jake.  :'(

Nevertheless, I'm not in favour of sending him messages, how ever well intended, at this time.

Here's my reasoning: He's keeping away from the public light. That in itself should tell us a lot about his emotions, but the fact is that currently all we have to go by,are gossip sites quoting each other with the same stories. It's all hearsay, it may be fake in part or in full - and I can't imagine Jake would want anyone to react towards him based on hearsay and gossip mag tales, when he himself is keeping deliberately silent. Also - why do we immediately believe these mags' tales about Jake when we scoff at much that they say about Heath?

I do not at all doubt that Jake has been hit terribly hard by Heath's untimely death. (I've written more about this over last week's time in the "Jake" thread here). But we don't know his feelings in their entirety. He may be blaming himself for not being there enough for Heath, for instance. He may feel the weight on his shoulder of having to represent the icon of "Jack and Ennis" going forward all alone, feel it's difficult to cope with that just now. He may certainly feel his mourning should not upstage that of Heath's family. He could be feeling many things. And who knows whether a condolence card, however well intended, doesn't just add unintentional salt to the sting of his emotions?

Jake knows he has a big fan base, and that they're thinking of him. I'm sure of this.

I'd respect Jake's silence. When he's again communicating, then would be the time to follow his lead and react accordingly, based on what he's saying. Until then we know Jake is part of a tight and loving family circle. He isn't alone. Let him grieve in peace.

I completly agree with you. When something dreadful like this happens, most peoples natural response is to want to go a person, put their arms around them and hug them. BUT, more often that not, most people simply want to be left alone in a dark room, to collect their thoughts and cry their eyes out in peace, they don,t want people(however well meant) fawning and fussing all over them, it just makes it worse. This would appear to be the case with Jake, and I,m totally with you. He should be left well alone until he,s ready to talk. He may never be, we don,t know. Yes he knows he has fans, and he probably knows we all feel for him, I sure do. He must be heartbroken. Spare a thought for the poor person who had to break the news to him. How the hell do you tell someone their best friend in the whole world just died?   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 12:27:34 pm »
I'd respect Jake's silence. When he's again communicating, then would be the time to follow his lead and react accordingly, based on what he's saying. Until then we know Jake is part of a tight and loving family circle. He isn't alone. Let him grieve in peace.

This is what I will probably do (figuring that Jake's family should be particularly sensitive - after all, Jake's sister has also acted with Heath, and Jake's parents are in the entertainment industry).

But sending cards via Jake's agent probably wouldn't be too intrusive. If Jake doesn't want to hear from fans yet, his agent can hold onto the messages until Jake's ready for them. So if people want to send condolences to Jake (or to Michelle, for that matter), there's a way to do it without being rude.

(The paparazzi and the entertainment magazines, however, should leave Jake alone until he's ready to talk to them. That includes People, whether the story from the unnamed source on the set of Brothers was true or not. The magazines are feeding their own profits, and feeding the curiosity of the fans; they aren't doing anything for the sake of Jake's grief. And yes, I'm aware that I'm focusing the anger stage on the entertainment media...)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 12:54:06 pm »
This is what I will probably do (figuring that Jake's family should be particularly sensitive - after all, Jake's sister has also acted with Heath, and Jake's parents are in the entertainment industry).

But sending cards via Jake's agent probably wouldn't be too intrusive. If Jake doesn't want to hear from fans yet, his agent can hold onto the messages until Jake's ready for them. So if people want to send condolences to Jake (or to Michelle, for that matter), there's a way to do it without being rude.

(The paparazzi and the entertainment magazines, however, should leave Jake alone until he's ready to talk to them. That includes People, whether the story from the unnamed source on the set of Brothers was true or not. The magazines are feeding their own profits, and feeding the curiosity of the fans; they aren't doing anything for the sake of Jake's grief. And yes, I'm aware that I'm focusing the anger stage on the entertainment media...)

I think at some point it would be nice, as a community to perhaps send Jake a condolence card (via his agent or something).  But, I think we should wait for a while... just to see what his reactions seem to be as time goes on.  I think it's almost too soon to tell what exactly would be appreciated by Jake in terms of a sympathy message.  In general, though, I think the urge is very good to try to reach out to him in a very non-intrusive way, in time.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline opinionista

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 02:51:01 pm »
For those interested in sending a note to Jake, here are the addresses. I found them on his website. I don't know if he changed agents but I don't think so.

Agent
Jake Gyllenhaal is represented by:
CAA
9830 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, California
90212-1825

Fan Mail
Please send fan mail to:
Jake Gyllenhaal
c/o CAA
9830 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, California
90212-1825

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Scott6373

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 03:05:49 pm »
Why is there something that vaguely bothers me about this discussion?

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 04:01:12 pm »
I completly agree with you. When something dreadful like this happens, most peoples natural response is to want to go a person, put their arms around them and hug them. BUT, more often that not, most people simply want to be left alone in a dark room, to collect their thoughts and cry their eyes out in peace, they don,t want people(however well meant) fawning and fussing all over them, it just makes it worse. This would appear to be the case with Jake, and I,m totally with you. He should be left well alone until he,s ready to talk. He may never be, we don,t know. Yes he knows he has fans, and he probably knows we all feel for him, I sure do. He must be heartbroken. Spare a thought for the poor person who had to break the news to him. How the hell do you tell someone their best friend in the whole world just died?   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Because Scott,  its this type of thinking/mentality that may have caused Heaths Death in the first place. When people feel alone (and are left alone)  bad things can happen folks.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 04:24:34 pm »
Because Scott,  its this type of thinking/mentality that may have caused Heaths Death in the first place. When people feel alone (and are left alone)  bad things can happen folks.

I agree with you. However, I don't think Jake is alone. From what I have seen in the media, he seems to have a close knit family so I'm sure they are keeping an eye on him. In any case, he has been seen with Reese Witherspoon after Heath's death so, I think he'll be fine. However, sending a condolence card via his agent is not a bad idea, (I think).
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
I agree with you. However, I don't think Jake is alone. From what I have seen in the media, he seems to have a close knit family so I'm sure they are keeping an eye on him. In any case, he has been seen with Reese Witherspoon after Heath's death so, I think he'll be fine. However, sending a condolence card via his agent is not a bad idea, (I think).

Poor Jake. Makes you just wanna hug him doesn,t it? :'( :'(

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

That's all im trying to say here.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 04:47:54 pm »
Why is there something that vaguely bothers me about this discussion?

Makes me a little uneasy, too, Scott.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.