Author Topic: How Can We Help?  (Read 49354 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: How Can We Help?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 03:52:02 pm »
Prima dank je wel! Are we ok to use languages other than English on this thread?

I don't see why not Baron. I've noticed other members doing it from time to time. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »
Hi Baron, nice to see you here. Why did ennisjack decide discussing Heaths, death was inapropriate? I find that very hard to understand. ??? How strange. Well you,ll find you can talk about him all you want here. Welcome to Bettermost.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 03:59:37 pm »
Prima dank je wel! Are we ok to use languages other than English on this thread?

Sure, the only rule here is No Personal Attacks.  So you are allowed to use other languages any time you want.  But since language is how we communicate, it can be useful to use ones people understand.  Use Dutch when you like, and if you want, start one or more Dutch threads somewhere.  Snavel and belbbmfan are wonderful old-timers here (young old-timers) who can probably help you pick a good place for the thread(s).

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Oh no! They are bored of beans again!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 04:29:02 pm »
This message of yours is so nice. You have literally had vision to get this set up and running as you did, and supervision in that you oversee more than most people here. Yet you are still open to the needs of other people, it is your primary aim in fact.

So can I turn your question round?  What can other people do? What can I do to make Bettermost an even better vritual town?

A really cheeky question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you and the town elders need a sheriff? I come with good references! I promice to only shoot people brandishing tyre irons!

This forum continues to be the primary gathering place for our community, and it has been a very busy place.  As with most of the forums around here, our light touch in moderating the forums sometimes makes things a bit disorganized, but considering how we all grieve differently, my sense is to try and keep things as free flowing and organic as possible.

But if you're a new member of our community or an old one, and you find something is missing from the conversation or the way the forum is configured, please let me know your thoughts on how we can make this an even better place for you.

This is a group effort, and I really welcome hearing your input and suggestions!
The Baron of Ree

Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »
Great. Thanks another feedom I'll soon get used to!

I don't see why not Baron. I've noticed other members doing it from time to time. :)

The Baron of Ree

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »
Sounds wonderfull! Very sensible.

Sure, the only rule here is No Personal Attacks.  
The Baron of Ree

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 05:14:16 pm »

A really cheeky question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you and the town elders need a sheriff? I come with good references! I promice to only shoot people brandishing tyre irons!

You already are a Baron! Don't you think a Sheriff might be a demotion? LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 02:46:02 pm »
I know. I really am a Baron you see, If ever we meet you can check in my passport! Although the way I speak would convince you at once. I find this place so nice I want to really be part of it. I never had that before in a virtual way. So a sheriff would be very nice. Its only an idea. I'm here to stay whatever.

You already are a Baron! Don't you think a Sheriff might be a demotion? LOL

L
The Baron of Ree

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 02:47:58 pm »
Mind you I could just be myself, but they don't have Barons in the USA.

I know. I really am a Baron you see, If ever we meet you can check in my passport! Although the way I speak would convince you at once. I find this place so nice I want to really be part of it. I never had that before in a virtual way. So a sheriff would be very nice. Its only an idea. I'm here to stay whatever.

The Baron of Ree

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »
Mind you I could just be myself, but they don't have Barons in the USA.

Well, no, we don't, but we are very international here on this board....

Someone was telling me a funny story recently. She had a frequent flyer account with British Airways and they had a long list of titles you could use...much longer than the usual Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms. etc...She selected "Princess" and they really did call her that. After a year or so, she said it was embarrassing, and she changed it.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!