Author Topic: Project! We Need Pictures  (Read 41810 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Project! We Need Pictures
« on: March 12, 2006, 05:19:42 pm »
Okay folks.  I want us to start working on some things around here.  Since nobody seems ready yet to start on some of the harder stuff, let's do something fun and make this site look at little more personable and interesting.

I want some pictures.  First and foremost, for those of us "flatlanders" as IdahoLonely likes to say, I want some photos of mountains... or at least some big hills.  And they have to be from your area and photographed by you.  So grab those digital cameras, camera phones, or whatever and start taking some pictures.  I would love for us to have some great photo albums of some nice nature shots and we can build some sort of nice visual photo album together.

In fact, get out in the country and take some pictures of anything that you think might fit the theme of Brokeback.  That could be a 1960s Ford truck or a farm somewhere... or sheep... or anything else.  We could also use photos of you if you'd like!

I will find places around the site to use them to help keep us in a Brokeback state of mind.

You can e-mail photos to: [email protected] and I will get about putting them on the site.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:14:11 am by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: Project! We Need Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:40:57 pm »
Here are some outdoor shots.  I also have many indoor/outdoor shots that contain quotes from the short story or Film. Right now, I have 260 shots.   If you want some more, let me know
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 03:02:52 pm »
128K is too smail of a files -  my best files

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 04:16:41 pm »
Here are some outdoor shots.  I also have many indoor/outdoor shots that contain quotes from the short story or Film. Right now, I have 260 shots.   If you want some more, let me know

Hi... feel free to sent a dozen or so.  You can send them to [email protected], which will work better anyway because the forum software has a file size limit.

Thanks for helping out!

Offline BluCm40

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:14 pm »
sent you one, glad to be hear  :), also on Dave Cullens BBM website

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 04:38:54 pm »
Hey Phil,

I emailed you one lame pic I had from a trip to Tahoe, it does have mountains. I haven't been to to Rockies since digital photos took off so I am going to dig through my old photos and get my hubby to scan some. Or I could send pic from Space Mountain which is our highest mountain in Florida they say.

Hugs,

Tim

horo04

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 12:34:06 am »
This is a great idea! I could contribute for the pictures.. Actually I live right by all the scenes where they filmed..I could actually get pictures of "Brokeback mountain" (3 sisters mountain) and others....

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 05:58:34 pm by Phillip »

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 08:47:52 am »
This is a great idea! I could contribute for the pictures.. Actually I live right by all the scenes where they filmed..I could actually get pictures of "Brokeback mountain" (3 sisters mountain) and others....

Awesome, do it, do it, do it!!!
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 05:58:51 pm »

Wow... this would be super great.  In fact, we might draft you as our correspondent and send you to the filming locations and make you take LOTS of pictures.  I am still considering a visit to your neck of the woods this summer if things fall into place.

horo04

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 06:22:05 pm »
Well I have no problem contributing to this site...I'm going this weekend to Canmore...I'll take some pics...also try to get pics of the camp grounds where Ennis and Jack were..if I can find them...I'll email them to you and you can see fit which ones to post...stay tuned. :)