Author Topic: Project! We Need Pictures  (Read 41933 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Project! We Need Pictures
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2006, 04:03:26 am »
Very, very cool!  I can't wait to get there and hunch over in person!  ;D

I'll hunch with you, Meryl.  You can take front or back, I just like the direction we're headed!

Thanks horo and luv and Meryl's brother and Toast for the beautiful pics. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:04:59 am by Ellemeno »

horo35

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2006, 08:48:18 am »
This scene is from ...well you guessed it....where Jack & Ennis...uhhh..."meet in person"! :laugh:  In the movie it's at night but the distinctive motel sign gives it away even in the daytime.  This is located in Beisker, Alberta.  And the house where Jack lived as a boy is not too far from here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:51:49 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2006, 09:00:13 am »
And speaking of Jacks house here it is.  This is located just east of Besiker, Alberta.  It's actually located in a farmers field, abandoned and totally surrounded by brush!  There is no way you can reach it from the front.  I had to walk around in a field to get to it.  But this shot is where you see Ennis meeting with Jacks mother.  It's really run down as you can see.  They actually filmed the scenes inside where Ennis goes into Jacks room and I so wanted to go in there to take pics but I needed to get permission from the owner.  Plus I'm not sure how a person would get in there with all the windows and doors boarded up! Ohh and also there were wasps building nests all around the house so I didnt want to get too close! :laugh:  It may be hard to picture this in the movie due to time erroding the surrounding environment but check out the tree on the right...that tree hasnt changed a bit! It looks the same now as it did in the movie.  I could now see Ennis standing at the door...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:52:25 am by horo35 »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2006, 10:09:45 am »
Even though it makes me feel incredibly sad, that's a great picture! Not only because of what happened there, but also that it looks so abandoned now, and seems to indicate that the filming was a long long time ago. Lee
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Great Pics Horo
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2006, 11:03:18 am »
I don't know if these photos are more exciting or sad.
I love seeing these pics, and they add to the film.
I will be watching for more pics.
Thanks Horo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:06:29 am by Toast »

horo35

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2006, 11:06:06 am »
These pics are taken in Rockyford, Alberta.  These are the scenes where Jack is riding in the rodeo and also meets Laureen.  This area is supposed to be 2 different rodeo grounds in the movie..one in Childress and the other one in Electra.  They just used the same area...only difference was they put up boards over the steel fence to make the rodeo grounds look different.  In the second pic I'm standing in front of the chute where Jack came out of (#4). 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:52:38 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2006, 11:10:42 am »
In this shot I climbed up to the announcer area and just had to get a shot that was from the movie!  It was very cool looking out from there...I could almost see Jack sitting there on the end of his truck as Laureen raced by and dropped her hat!  The scond pic is where Laureen and Jack "park their car"! :laugh:  It's actually right by the rodeo grounds.  You can make out the small shack that they parked by in the movie.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:52:53 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2006, 05:07:04 pm »
Hey, glad you like the pics guys.  I'll post more up as I get time.  I had alot of fun touring these sites...made me feel closer to the movie and I'm not done yet.  Next weekend I plan on goin back to the mountains to find the camping sites.    But actually what I really want to do is tour Wyoming!  Afterall thats where the story takes place.  I've been there a couple of times but have never gone near the Teton mountains.  We plan to travel there next summer...I'll have to take my cowboy hat with me and take some pics of myself in front of the real mountains!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:27:45 pm by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 09:48:40 pm »
This pic here is where they shot the dance hall scene with Jack and Randall sitting outside talking on the bench.  It's actually a CIBC bank in Rockyford, AB. Nothing was shot inside.  The inside scenes were shot at the Royal Canadian Legion builing in Calgary.  I wanted to sit on the bench where Jack and Randall sat but they moved it to the opposite side...dohhh!! >:( ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:53:05 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 10:02:48 pm »
Here is the Riverton post office (in Rockyford, AB) that Ennis picked up the famous postcards that read "you bet" & ...sadly "deceased".  The brick building beside it is now replaced with a newer building and the adornments of the post office are now gone.  I tried to look in but the glass is all painted black and it's all locked up.  The phone booth across the street where Ennis phones Laureen that's in front of the JT Bar is nowhere to be seen..possibley a prop.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:53:20 am by horo35 »