Author Topic: Out of *all* the pictures, promo shots and stills of BBM you've seen...  (Read 8000 times)

vkm91941

Which one is your favorite?

This is mine:  ;)  It sums of up Jack for me.  His easy going, optimistic, take it as it comes style.

dmmb_Mandy

I love that one, Vic! It was my desktop wallpaper for the longest time.

My fave is probably this one (they look so happy):

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
That's such a difficult one. Like watching the film and thinking "here comes my favourite scene. No. it's this one. No wait - it has to be this one!"  And so on.....

But for me I think in the end it boils down to the reunion stills. I just couldn't make up my mind so I ended up cheating and spliced two pictures together.

Their hands! Those expressions! That look! *guh*

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:25:56 am by Mikaela »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Vikki you are cruel -  you can't possibly expect me to come up with just one!

just for starters, here are two of them:

1) - the realisation that the garden of Eden is about to have it's doors closed to Ennis

2) - and the resignation to that horrible fact

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
And two more:

3) the intense insecurity of a boy (19 years old - got nothin - not even family) displayed in the fist 10 minutes of the movie - so needy

4) and probably the point in the story where he is the most at peace with himself - his situation in life (wish I had a better picture for this moment in time)

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Roland -

And then, just seconds later after that last shot, ennis is hiding again.  Putting his hat back on, saying, "You know it ain't goina be that way..."

So, I gotta go back to Mandy's choice - so happy.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

slayers_creek_oth

This ones kinda cool...

...and this one...

..this one too...

...and this one's good too...

...but this one's my favorite!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I like these..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Roland -

And then, just seconds later after that last shot, ennis is hiding again.  Putting his hat back on, saying, "You know it ain't goina be that way..."

So, I gotta go back to Mandy's choice - so happy.
Silkencense, you have, of course, the right to your own choice, And Vikki did allow us ANY picture - even promo shots - but my problem with Mandy's (and your choice) is that I don't remember seeing this image anywhere in the movie. I see the two actors in this picture, not the characters, so I can't reconcile this image with this movie. Ennis never smiles that largely - Heath can though - and that's who I see. But - hey - you can love whatever image from the movie shoot that you like (even outtakes/bloopers - if I'm correct & that's what this is) - and they do look quite happy in this one.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Vikki, only one? Are you serious  :o ?

It's hard. For me, it has to be a pic with both, Ennis and Jack in it. Something which sums it up. So the flashback is pretty obvious for this purpose. And from the many flashback pics, I like this one best:

But I simply have to add another one, which is rarely posted:

Roland:
<sigh> I like the pics you chose. And our comments are spot on, beautiful and touching. <sigh again>