Author Topic: Out of *all* the pictures, promo shots and stills of BBM you've seen...  (Read 7992 times)

vkm91941

Which one is your favorite?

This is mine:  ;)  It sums of up Jack for me.  His easy going, optimistic, take it as it comes style.

dmmb_Mandy

I love that one, Vic! It was my desktop wallpaper for the longest time.

My fave is probably this one (they look so happy):

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
That's such a difficult one. Like watching the film and thinking "here comes my favourite scene. No. it's this one. No wait - it has to be this one!"  And so on.....

But for me I think in the end it boils down to the reunion stills. I just couldn't make up my mind so I ended up cheating and spliced two pictures together.

Their hands! Those expressions! That look! *guh*

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:25:56 am by Mikaela »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Vikki you are cruel -  you can't possibly expect me to come up with just one!

just for starters, here are two of them:

1) - the realisation that the garden of Eden is about to have it's doors closed to Ennis

2) - and the resignation to that horrible fact

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
And two more:

3) the intense insecurity of a boy (19 years old - got nothin - not even family) displayed in the fist 10 minutes of the movie - so needy

4) and probably the point in the story where he is the most at peace with himself - his situation in life (wish I had a better picture for this moment in time)

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Roland -

And then, just seconds later after that last shot, ennis is hiding again.  Putting his hat back on, saying, "You know it ain't goina be that way..."

So, I gotta go back to Mandy's choice - so happy.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

slayers_creek_oth

This ones kinda cool...

...and this one...

..this one too...

...and this one's good too...

...but this one's my favorite!

Offline j.U.d.E.

I like these..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Roland -

And then, just seconds later after that last shot, ennis is hiding again.  Putting his hat back on, saying, "You know it ain't goina be that way..."

So, I gotta go back to Mandy's choice - so happy.
Silkencense, you have, of course, the right to your own choice, And Vikki did allow us ANY picture - even promo shots - but my problem with Mandy's (and your choice) is that I don't remember seeing this image anywhere in the movie. I see the two actors in this picture, not the characters, so I can't reconcile this image with this movie. Ennis never smiles that largely - Heath can though - and that's who I see. But - hey - you can love whatever image from the movie shoot that you like (even outtakes/bloopers - if I'm correct & that's what this is) - and they do look quite happy in this one.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Vikki, only one? Are you serious  :o ?

It's hard. For me, it has to be a pic with both, Ennis and Jack in it. Something which sums it up. So the flashback is pretty obvious for this purpose. And from the many flashback pics, I like this one best:

But I simply have to add another one, which is rarely posted:

Roland:
<sigh> I like the pics you chose. And our comments are spot on, beautiful and touching. <sigh again>

Offline DeeDee

The look on Alma's face is priceless... It's shock, confusion and not clearly believing what she sees.  Awsome performance.

The second one, well, just because...
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
At IMDb, Balrog has posted new pics in HUGE!!!! format

Here are links to four photo's of Ennis (that I haven't seen before - well not this quality anyways)

The first three evoke his youth (the 19yo) - Who says Heath doesn't look 19?

the 3rd and last speak to Ennis' great loneliness/fears

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/_filmy/b_zkrocena_hora/fotografie/054_zkrocena_hora.jpg

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/_filmy/b_zkrocena_hora/fotografie/019_zkrocena_hora.jpg

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/_filmy/b_zkrocena_hora/fotografie/030_zkrocena_hora.jpg

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/_filmy/b_zkrocena_hora/fotografie/021_zkrocena_hora.jpg

PS: Mandy's & Silkncense's choice of a favorite picture is an outtake from the scene where Jack wants to shoot a sheep to solve the food situation - definitively a blooper scene.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
PS: Mandy's & Silkncense's choice of a favorite picture is an outtake from the scene where Jack wants to shoot a sheep to solve the food situation - definitively a blooper scene.

Heya,
Thanks for the pics Roland.  When they downloaded they were enormous on my screen...  Could see every pore. lol.

Well, that campfire photo posted by Mandy is on the packaging for the soundtrack.  There are so many "out-take" type images for this film floating around it's really interesting.  I mean even the official trailer has two scenes that aren't in the movie.  Wierd.  I want to see them all when that fabled special edition DVD comes out.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..

Roland! OMG love those pictures!

Cannot pick one.

This is my favourite Jack:

My favourite Ennis:

The boys together. Nothing will ever beat the beauty of this image for me. *sniff*
Chut up!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Not that I think these are better than the 4 goirgeoius Ennis pictures, but not poste4d yet--click to enlarge:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:52:07 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
Just filling in blanks...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:58:21 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
OMG, all of these pictures make me melt. I could never pick any specific one. It must be too long since I've seen the movie (three days). But Roland, I'll have to say I'm particularly partial to yours. Do you have any of Ennis at older ages?

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
..Hell yes, I've been to Mexico--is that a fuckin' problem?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 02:03:53 am by julie01 »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
By the way, everyone's favorite flashback picture--with Jack's head turneed away, down, and smiling a little, and Ennis doing his best to look into Jack's face--whatever AP says...is either the very first moment of the flashback closeup--or isn't in the movie at all---which is it? I'd post it again, but it's been posted already.

Also by the way: I don't think the movie follows AP's directuions about the flashback AT ALL: I think Ennis is very aware of whom he ios holding, and wouoldn't have it any other way...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
amanda, and anyone else interested - here's a link to the first post by balrog on IMDb which lists a bunch of those HUGE images:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/43592877?d=43592877#43592877

and a little farther down along that thread a collection of Jack/Jake only pics:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/43592877?d=43681494#43681494

and the the most precious of all (Katherine), the Innis/Heath only pics (yes there is an older Innis ot two in there):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/43592877?d=43839014#43839014

of course if you want an overview of all the pics from this Czech site, you migh try:

http://www.bioscop.cz/_web/index.php?akce=ukazfilm&id=220#galerie

Hope that fills many of you BBM monster picture needs  ;)

PS: you see fellows, we're not the only SIZE QUEENS around! - Ha!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 11:39:34 am by Roland »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Whoooooo, Roland! I could sit here gazing at those all day. How can he look so different from one scene to the next, yet always look so good?!

moremojo

I don't have any pictures to share (apart from attempts to describe them in words), but looking through all these images just makes my heart melt. It's like falling in love with our boys all over again. And what absolutely STUPENDOUS performances, hunh? Those frame enlargements just magnify the subtlety and nuance of these two amazing actors' talents. BBM...the single greatest love story ever committed to the screen.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:47:41 pm by moremojo »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Roland, thanks for posting these links  :-* . The pics are awesome, esp. the Ennis/Heath pics (could sit here and watch them all night). But the Jack/Jake pics are great, too. There were some Jack pics I never saw before.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
I don't have any pictures to share (apart from attempts to describe them in words), but looking through all these images just makes my heart melt. It's like falling in love with our boys all over again. And what absolutely STUPENDOUS performances, hunh? Those frame enlargements just magnify the subtlety and nuance of these two amazing actors' talents. BBM...the single greatest love story ever committed to the screen.

Scott M.

I agree.  Their faces are so expressive, they can look almost like someone completely different from one scene to the next.  I'm always struck at how stark Ennis' face looks as he's packing up the horse and readying his rifle the morning after the first tent scene.  It's heartbreaking - almost as muchso as Jack's face is as he rides away.  Amazing.  Every frame.
No more beans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
So, I've decided that all these nice "out-take"-type stills and clips from trailers that didn't make it into the movie, etc. all go a long way to making Jack and Ennis seem like real people.  It makes it seem like they really were busy out there somewhere carrying on, doing other things that we weren't allowed to see by the filmmakers.  Now it makes even more sense why Ang Lee thanked Jack and Ennis when he accepted his Oscar.
 ::) :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
I'm always struck at how stark Ennis' face looks as he's packing up the horse and readying his rifle the morning after the first tent scene.

Me too. He looks so different than he does in, say, the scene where he's drinking in the bar with Jack. Or when he gets the postcard. Or in the "prayer of thanks" scene. No wonder he looks different in "real life" -- he looks different from one moment to the next in movie life, too.

So, I've decided that all these nice "out-take"-type stills and clips from trailers that didn't make it into the movie, etc. all go a long way to making Jack and Ennis seem like real people.  It makes it seem like they really were busy out there somewhere carrying on, doing other things that we weren't allowed to see by the filmmakers.  Now it makes even more sense why Ang Lee thanked Jack and Ennis when he accepted his Oscar.
 ::) :D

Hmmm ... Amanda, I think you're onto something. Maybe it's Heath and Jake who are the fictional characters, and ...!!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator