Author Topic: Out of *all* the pictures, promo shots and stills of BBM you've seen...  (Read 7993 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Whoooooo, Roland! I could sit here gazing at those all day. How can he look so different from one scene to the next, yet always look so good?!

moremojo

I don't have any pictures to share (apart from attempts to describe them in words), but looking through all these images just makes my heart melt. It's like falling in love with our boys all over again. And what absolutely STUPENDOUS performances, hunh? Those frame enlargements just magnify the subtlety and nuance of these two amazing actors' talents. BBM...the single greatest love story ever committed to the screen.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:47:41 pm by moremojo »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Roland, thanks for posting these links  :-* . The pics are awesome, esp. the Ennis/Heath pics (could sit here and watch them all night). But the Jack/Jake pics are great, too. There were some Jack pics I never saw before.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I don't have any pictures to share (apart from attempts to describe them in words), but looking through all these images just makes my heart melt. It's like falling in love with our boys all over again. And what absolutely STUPENDOUS performances, hunh? Those frame enlargements just magnify the subtlety and nuance of these two amazing actors' talents. BBM...the single greatest love story ever committed to the screen.

Scott M.

I agree.  Their faces are so expressive, they can look almost like someone completely different from one scene to the next.  I'm always struck at how stark Ennis' face looks as he's packing up the horse and readying his rifle the morning after the first tent scene.  It's heartbreaking - almost as muchso as Jack's face is as he rides away.  Amazing.  Every frame.
No more beans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
So, I've decided that all these nice "out-take"-type stills and clips from trailers that didn't make it into the movie, etc. all go a long way to making Jack and Ennis seem like real people.  It makes it seem like they really were busy out there somewhere carrying on, doing other things that we weren't allowed to see by the filmmakers.  Now it makes even more sense why Ang Lee thanked Jack and Ennis when he accepted his Oscar.
 ::) :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
I'm always struck at how stark Ennis' face looks as he's packing up the horse and readying his rifle the morning after the first tent scene.

Me too. He looks so different than he does in, say, the scene where he's drinking in the bar with Jack. Or when he gets the postcard. Or in the "prayer of thanks" scene. No wonder he looks different in "real life" -- he looks different from one moment to the next in movie life, too.

So, I've decided that all these nice "out-take"-type stills and clips from trailers that didn't make it into the movie, etc. all go a long way to making Jack and Ennis seem like real people.  It makes it seem like they really were busy out there somewhere carrying on, doing other things that we weren't allowed to see by the filmmakers.  Now it makes even more sense why Ang Lee thanked Jack and Ennis when he accepted his Oscar.
 ::) :D

Hmmm ... Amanda, I think you're onto something. Maybe it's Heath and Jake who are the fictional characters, and ...!!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator