Author Topic: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?  (Read 16877 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:19:53 pm »
I am moving this question of this thread, because your answer may change every day, or even many times during a day!!

I collected Chagalls works of art, and have read that he coloured ideas in his paintings. For Chagall for the United Nations' window, he used blue because he felt that is the color of love and of peace.

Use the palette colours you want: yellow, blue red, orange, purple, green, or mix them as you please.

What colour would you do to reprent Ennis and when?

Jack and when?

Alma and when?

Lureen and when?

Alma Jr. and when?
Any charactor...

have fun and please tell often, and you may add what colour you prefer for yourself to-day too,

hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:52 pm »
I am moving this question of this thread, because your answer may change every day, or even many times during a day!!

I collected Chagall's works of art, and have read that he coloured ideas in his paintings. For Chagall for the United Nations' window, he used blue because he felt that is the color of love and of peace.

Use the palette colours you want: yellow, blue red, orange, purple, green, or mix them as you please.

What colour would you do to reprent Ennis and when?

Jack and when?

Alma and when?

Lureen and when?

Alma Jr. and when?
Any charactor...

have fun and please tell often, and you may add what colour you prefer for yourself today too,

hugs!!

Chagall is one of my fav 20th century master as well.

Jack is "blue boy" - because that is my fav color

Ennis is chocolate brown - mysterious and "water like chocolate" down underneath, hotter than you expect

Alma is bright daffodil yellow - inviting, sweet and vulnerable

Lureen is hot red - she knows what she wants and you had better stop at her red light.

L.D. is shit brown because I don't like him and would like to wipe him away and go FLUSH!

Aguirre is olive green - like dependable army green, he was probably hot when he was a young man.

Mrs Twist is faded mauve - because that was the Empress Alexandria's fav color and she reminds me of Alexandria - deluded and sad

Randall, Monroe, and Mrs Newsome are all beige because they are BORING

OMT is mustard yellow - he once was daffodil yellow, but time and disappointment has made him crusty.

hope that give you food for thought in what is clearly an "art therapy" thread!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:10 pm »
well, i am an artist, so i like this thread.

i'd paint ennis tan brown, like the hyde of a soft brown horse.  also, like dusty earth.  i think that's because of his jacket, and hat.  his hair, and everything.......just light earth, leather brown.

it's weird when i think about this, 'cause the outfits the characters were wearing were so fitting for me.  i can't see them in any other colour, so for me, the costume coordinators did a great job.
i see:
omt= grey and dismal.....
old lady twist=powder blue......
jack=denim blue and black
alma=soft red and white...like the dress and cardigan she wore (knife and fork)....and her hair was browny reddish.
aguirre=all i see is a moustache.....lol
laureen=red and white......like her barrel riding costume...firery red...bright lips...

i think the colours used in the movie portrayed all the characters perfectly.  and each color, although used more than once for different people, had a whole different meaning, and represtented a whole other emotion, depending on who was wearing it.
interesting.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:47:36 pm »
Thanks very much forsythia12, thanks very much brokeplex!!

You visualize yourself with a certain colour(s)??

Did posibly these colours you two mention help the laws of attraction[/b such as love, and other emotion(s)??

Colours, are they there to release your emotion?? At that time??

Or a colour shows that you resist or cling to an emotion??

Awaiting your news of you two and that from others... as you like,

hugs!! 
How to colour one's life??

moremojo

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:36:19 pm »
Ennis a rich ocher color when young and full of life and promise; dun when old and bereft of Jack, solid, dependable, but spark of life has left him.

Jack blue boy, forever and always. Color of sky, mountain rain, suggestive of wind, sighs, and fleeting dreams.

That will do for now...more later, perhaps.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

Interesting topic, Artiste. Thank you for posting it.

I too am a painter and I love the work of Marc Chagall.

Here's my Brokeback Mountain colour chart:

* Heath - Indigo (deeply intense, supremely and eternally masculine)

* Jack - Deep cherry red (the colour of love, lust and passion)

* Alma - Pink (soft, subtle, maternal femininity)

* Laureen - Orange (loud, opinionated and brassy)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:12:27 am »
Just found this to-day on TV news.

http://www.costumemuseum.com/

Maybe such costumes you can see if you are an artist who draws, paints, etc.; or you just admire costumes.

I wonder if that new museum has any Brokeback Mountain costumes? Anyone knows or can find out??

Hugs!! P. S. Will reply later for new added comments... posts; thanks... keep on posting!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:47:52 pm »
Bonjour,

Since some of you are artists and some like art too, here is to-day's February 11th 2008 report about art stolen:

ZURICH (AFP) - Armed robbers stole paintings by Cezanne, Degas, Van Gogh and Monet worth more than 180 million Swiss francs (112 million euros, 164 million dollars) from a museum in Zurich in the second heist of valuable art works in five days in the area, police said Monday.

They did not reveal the name of the museum where Sunday's theft took place, saying only that it is in the 8th district of the city.
That district is home to the Emil Buehrle Foundation, a private collection founded by a Zurich industrialist which boasts many Impressionist works.
"French Impressionism and Post-Impressionism constitute the core of the collection," the museum's website says.
"The central theme of the collection is the gradual evolution of a new artistic freedom from Impressionism onwards as the driving force behind Modernist painting in the 20th century," it adds.
German-born Emil Buehrle made his fortune with the Oerlikon-Buehrle munitions factory in Zurich, which sold arms to both sides in World War Two.
He began collecting art in the late 1930s but made most of his purchases of key Impressionist works in the post-war period.
The museum opened in 1960, and holds more than 200 paintings including seven each by Van Gogh and Cezanne, six by Degas and five by Monet, according to its website.
The museum was closed to the public on Monday, in line with its usual opening hours, as journalists gathered outside its gates.
The theft came just days after thieves stole two paintings by Pablo Picasso worth 4.5 million dollars from a cultural centre in the town of Pfaeffikon, some 30 kilometres (20 miles) southeast of Zurich.
The two paintings, one showing a typically stark horse's head in blues, greys and whites and the other a still life of a glass and pitcher in red and green, belong to the Sprengel museum in Hanover, Germany.
The museum has offered an unspecified reward for the paintings' safe return.
The scale of the Zurich theft puts it in the 'premier league' of art robberies over the past two decades, alongside three Van Gogh works worth 182 million dollars stolen from a museum in Arnhem in the Netherlands in 1998, and the theft of 11 paintings from the Gardner Museum in Boston in 1990 worth around 145 million dollars.
One of Switzerland's biggest art robberies took place in 1994, when seven Picassos worth around 43 million dollars were stolen from the Bollag gallery in Zurich. They were later recovered.

I have seen in  person this beautiful collection and will miss these paintings. Pray that they will be found safely!!

And maybe you can add pics of them on here?? And/or of your art you own/want, or you created!!

Hugs!!  Welcome to change colours too as to reply which colour(s) you would give a character in the BM movie!! Or add if you have not so far; take a guess or do so according to your feeliings??

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:51 pm »
Here is one quote of a painting found in the USA:

Missing Basquiat painting turns up in New York
2 hours, 12 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AFP) - US authorities have discovered a missing eight-million-dollar painting by Jean-Michel Basquiat belonging to a convicted Brazilian banker and believed to have been smuggled into the United States.

The painting, "Hannibal," was among several artworks valued at up to 30 million dollars that a Brazilian court ordered seized when its owner, Edemar Cid Ferreira, was sentenced to 21 years in jail for money laundering in 2006.

However, when Brazilian authorities raided Ferreira's home and offices, they found that a number of the artworks including "Hannibal" were missing.

In August last year, the painting was shipped from London to New York with a false customs form detailing it as "a painting" with a value of 100 dollars.

US authorities working with international law enforcement agency Interpol then tracked it down and seized it from a New York warehouse in November.

Ferreira was sentenced for his part in the collapse of Banco Santos, S.A., of which he was founder and president. New York prosecutors are now seeking to have the canvas returned to Brazilian authorities.

The painting, described as predominantly black and blue featuring a skull shape and symbols and inscriptions including "Hannibal," was painted in 1982, six years before Basquiat died in New York of a drug overdose aged just 27.

Worth 8 millions bucks??

Can someone find the image for here??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
What colour would you give Jack beginning in the BM movie?

And all or some of the times afterwards?

Hugs!!