Author Topic: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?  (Read 16640 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« on: February 02, 2008, 03:19:53 pm »
I am moving this question of this thread, because your answer may change every day, or even many times during a day!!

I collected Chagalls works of art, and have read that he coloured ideas in his paintings. For Chagall for the United Nations' window, he used blue because he felt that is the color of love and of peace.

Use the palette colours you want: yellow, blue red, orange, purple, green, or mix them as you please.

What colour would you do to reprent Ennis and when?

Jack and when?

Alma and when?

Lureen and when?

Alma Jr. and when?
Any charactor...

have fun and please tell often, and you may add what colour you prefer for yourself to-day too,

hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:52 pm »
I am moving this question of this thread, because your answer may change every day, or even many times during a day!!

I collected Chagall's works of art, and have read that he coloured ideas in his paintings. For Chagall for the United Nations' window, he used blue because he felt that is the color of love and of peace.

Use the palette colours you want: yellow, blue red, orange, purple, green, or mix them as you please.

What colour would you do to reprent Ennis and when?

Jack and when?

Alma and when?

Lureen and when?

Alma Jr. and when?
Any charactor...

have fun and please tell often, and you may add what colour you prefer for yourself today too,

hugs!!

Chagall is one of my fav 20th century master as well.

Jack is "blue boy" - because that is my fav color

Ennis is chocolate brown - mysterious and "water like chocolate" down underneath, hotter than you expect

Alma is bright daffodil yellow - inviting, sweet and vulnerable

Lureen is hot red - she knows what she wants and you had better stop at her red light.

L.D. is shit brown because I don't like him and would like to wipe him away and go FLUSH!

Aguirre is olive green - like dependable army green, he was probably hot when he was a young man.

Mrs Twist is faded mauve - because that was the Empress Alexandria's fav color and she reminds me of Alexandria - deluded and sad

Randall, Monroe, and Mrs Newsome are all beige because they are BORING

OMT is mustard yellow - he once was daffodil yellow, but time and disappointment has made him crusty.

hope that give you food for thought in what is clearly an "art therapy" thread!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:10 pm »
well, i am an artist, so i like this thread.

i'd paint ennis tan brown, like the hyde of a soft brown horse.  also, like dusty earth.  i think that's because of his jacket, and hat.  his hair, and everything.......just light earth, leather brown.

it's weird when i think about this, 'cause the outfits the characters were wearing were so fitting for me.  i can't see them in any other colour, so for me, the costume coordinators did a great job.
i see:
omt= grey and dismal.....
old lady twist=powder blue......
jack=denim blue and black
alma=soft red and white...like the dress and cardigan she wore (knife and fork)....and her hair was browny reddish.
aguirre=all i see is a moustache.....lol
laureen=red and white......like her barrel riding costume...firery red...bright lips...

i think the colours used in the movie portrayed all the characters perfectly.  and each color, although used more than once for different people, had a whole different meaning, and represtented a whole other emotion, depending on who was wearing it.
interesting.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:47:36 pm »
Thanks very much forsythia12, thanks very much brokeplex!!

You visualize yourself with a certain colour(s)??

Did posibly these colours you two mention help the laws of attraction[/b such as love, and other emotion(s)??

Colours, are they there to release your emotion?? At that time??

Or a colour shows that you resist or cling to an emotion??

Awaiting your news of you two and that from others... as you like,

hugs!! 
How to colour one's life??

moremojo

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:36:19 pm »
Ennis a rich ocher color when young and full of life and promise; dun when old and bereft of Jack, solid, dependable, but spark of life has left him.

Jack blue boy, forever and always. Color of sky, mountain rain, suggestive of wind, sighs, and fleeting dreams.

That will do for now...more later, perhaps.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:01:15 am »

Interesting topic, Artiste. Thank you for posting it.

I too am a painter and I love the work of Marc Chagall.

Here's my Brokeback Mountain colour chart:

* Heath - Indigo (deeply intense, supremely and eternally masculine)

* Jack - Deep cherry red (the colour of love, lust and passion)

* Alma - Pink (soft, subtle, maternal femininity)

* Laureen - Orange (loud, opinionated and brassy)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:12:27 am »
Just found this to-day on TV news.

http://www.costumemuseum.com/

Maybe such costumes you can see if you are an artist who draws, paints, etc.; or you just admire costumes.

I wonder if that new museum has any Brokeback Mountain costumes? Anyone knows or can find out??

Hugs!! P. S. Will reply later for new added comments... posts; thanks... keep on posting!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:47:52 pm »
Bonjour,

Since some of you are artists and some like art too, here is to-day's February 11th 2008 report about art stolen:

ZURICH (AFP) - Armed robbers stole paintings by Cezanne, Degas, Van Gogh and Monet worth more than 180 million Swiss francs (112 million euros, 164 million dollars) from a museum in Zurich in the second heist of valuable art works in five days in the area, police said Monday.

They did not reveal the name of the museum where Sunday's theft took place, saying only that it is in the 8th district of the city.
That district is home to the Emil Buehrle Foundation, a private collection founded by a Zurich industrialist which boasts many Impressionist works.
"French Impressionism and Post-Impressionism constitute the core of the collection," the museum's website says.
"The central theme of the collection is the gradual evolution of a new artistic freedom from Impressionism onwards as the driving force behind Modernist painting in the 20th century," it adds.
German-born Emil Buehrle made his fortune with the Oerlikon-Buehrle munitions factory in Zurich, which sold arms to both sides in World War Two.
He began collecting art in the late 1930s but made most of his purchases of key Impressionist works in the post-war period.
The museum opened in 1960, and holds more than 200 paintings including seven each by Van Gogh and Cezanne, six by Degas and five by Monet, according to its website.
The museum was closed to the public on Monday, in line with its usual opening hours, as journalists gathered outside its gates.
The theft came just days after thieves stole two paintings by Pablo Picasso worth 4.5 million dollars from a cultural centre in the town of Pfaeffikon, some 30 kilometres (20 miles) southeast of Zurich.
The two paintings, one showing a typically stark horse's head in blues, greys and whites and the other a still life of a glass and pitcher in red and green, belong to the Sprengel museum in Hanover, Germany.
The museum has offered an unspecified reward for the paintings' safe return.
The scale of the Zurich theft puts it in the 'premier league' of art robberies over the past two decades, alongside three Van Gogh works worth 182 million dollars stolen from a museum in Arnhem in the Netherlands in 1998, and the theft of 11 paintings from the Gardner Museum in Boston in 1990 worth around 145 million dollars.
One of Switzerland's biggest art robberies took place in 1994, when seven Picassos worth around 43 million dollars were stolen from the Bollag gallery in Zurich. They were later recovered.

I have seen in  person this beautiful collection and will miss these paintings. Pray that they will be found safely!!

And maybe you can add pics of them on here?? And/or of your art you own/want, or you created!!

Hugs!!  Welcome to change colours too as to reply which colour(s) you would give a character in the BM movie!! Or add if you have not so far; take a guess or do so according to your feeliings??

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:51 pm »
Here is one quote of a painting found in the USA:

Missing Basquiat painting turns up in New York
2 hours, 12 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AFP) - US authorities have discovered a missing eight-million-dollar painting by Jean-Michel Basquiat belonging to a convicted Brazilian banker and believed to have been smuggled into the United States.

The painting, "Hannibal," was among several artworks valued at up to 30 million dollars that a Brazilian court ordered seized when its owner, Edemar Cid Ferreira, was sentenced to 21 years in jail for money laundering in 2006.

However, when Brazilian authorities raided Ferreira's home and offices, they found that a number of the artworks including "Hannibal" were missing.

In August last year, the painting was shipped from London to New York with a false customs form detailing it as "a painting" with a value of 100 dollars.

US authorities working with international law enforcement agency Interpol then tracked it down and seized it from a New York warehouse in November.

Ferreira was sentenced for his part in the collapse of Banco Santos, S.A., of which he was founder and president. New York prosecutors are now seeking to have the canvas returned to Brazilian authorities.

The painting, described as predominantly black and blue featuring a skull shape and symbols and inscriptions including "Hannibal," was painted in 1982, six years before Basquiat died in New York of a drug overdose aged just 27.

Worth 8 millions bucks??

Can someone find the image for here??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
What colour would you give Jack beginning in the BM movie?

And all or some of the times afterwards?

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 12:38:24 pm »
Why is Jack wearing black??

I think that is wrong!

Do you?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »
why is it wrong?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 07:14:23 pm »
Thanks!

1-
Black as if Jack is a bad guy, that bugs me, since I do not consider him that way!!

2-
When Jack was wearing black, was that the right  time, in the movie, in order to say something? Or was it for fashion of the time??

That are a puzzles... to me!!

Hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 11:10:25 pm »
Black is not necessarily the color of the "bad guy" when you consider Asian cultures, and the director Ang Lee is Chinese/Taiwanese and a follower of the I Ching.

What does black represent then? Well, black is night, feminine, left, water, and many other attributes that complement and are the opposite of white. Black is as essential as white is. It's like left and right. And in everything black, there is a touch of white, just as in everything white, there is a touch of black. You can't have one without the other.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:08 pm »
Interesting point Front Ranger.

the color black is a symbol of "left" as in lefthandedness? that is interesting. could Ang Lee have made a statement by using the black color for Jack Twist. was Jake lefthanded in the movie?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:04 am »
Thanks Front-Ranger, thanks brokeplex!!

I can accept that black for Jack is feminine in Ang Lee culture..., and that Jack is somewhat femme in the BM movie!! In more than one eay... unfortunately and/or fortunately!!

But I have trouble accepting that black had white touch in it!!??

May I say that as an Artist painter, I know that black is the absence of colour! Therefore, is Ang Lee telling us that Jack is a non-person ?? I will go further later... for that!!

With black, Lee foretells us that Jack will die
and must die ??

Awaiting news on that from you two and from others,

hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 12:57:13 am »

With black, Lee foretells us that Jack will die
and must die ??

maybe that is a good point!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 01:01:46 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Maybe it is a good point... as you say.

If so, then Lee bugs me!!  The BM movie is supposed to be USA??

So, his culture maybe went in it?

I often wondered what he said in Chinese!! And do not know yet when he went there in China!!
Do you  or anyone?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:13 pm »
Since Easter nears, would you colour Ennis in black right now to-day?

And which colour Easter day?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 10:27:13 pm »
How about pink for Lureen?

Or you prefer red?

Hugs!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 08:18:11 am »
How about pink for Lureen?

Or you prefer red?

Hugs!

Alma is pink. Lureen is red.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:15 pm »
Ooooh! Interesting one! How did I manage to miss this thread?!  :laugh:

Well for me, I've always thought that Jack's outfit/hat is darker/black to balance out the tan/brown shades that are Ennis. I'd never really attached much symbolism to it really, but I don't think there's anything intended about Jack being the "bad guy".

Anyhow, being a web designing geek, and being obsessed with colour schemes  (I always obsess over colour schemes for new sites, and I'm infamous on the web design forum I hang around on for maintaining a list of the top colour scheming software - LOL!), I decided to do a scientific/non-scientific analysis for each character by pasting various images of them from throughout the film into one image for each character, and then setting the software to 'random' to see what it came up with for each of them.

...so here's a colour scheme for each of them, and one added on the bottom that's for Brokeback, from the movie poster.  ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 12:03:57 pm »
Thanks kerry!

Alma: pink ??

Really?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:05:19 pm »
Thanks bliss!

Interesting combinations!!

How do you do that?

Is that a system?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:22 pm »
It's some software called Color Schemer Studio. There's an option in it to generate a colour scheme from an image or photo, by either turning the image into a mosaic of blocks of colour and letting it pick from those, or picking from the image as it is. The screenshot below shows the little white circles that it's picking up the colours from, but you can move the selection points around too if you don't like the selected ones it's chosen, or randomise again and it'll pick a new set of points to get the colours from.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:39:46 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

I did not know that!

Is that FREE?

My brother thinks that is hard to do?

One must learn steps to do it?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
There's an online color scheming tool on that same site (http://www.colorschemer.com/) that's free, but the 'Studio' version that includes generating schemes from photos is £49.99. It's really not very difficult, you just open up the image within the program and then just randomise the points it's picking from until you're happy with the result. The colour schemer in the other part of the software's fairly intuitive to use too - just clicking on a colour wheel to select colours and sliders control brightness and saturation etc.

If you want something that's free though, the best one I've found online for generating a scheme from an image is the DeDaeve.com one - http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/

There's also this one - http://www.colorhunter.com/ - though I've not tried it yet.

For the full list of the various colour sites and software on my list (well not really my list, I just collected all the various colour tools references from various other threads and forums and put them all in one place), check this out. It's a web design forum, so some of the stuff's specifically geared towards generating schemes for websites, but there's some nice sites listed there if you're interested in colours and stuff.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 10:44:40 pm »
Thanks very, very much Bliss!!

I sure appreciate your help!

Maybe you can also do so for colour scheme of house for Ennis/Alma?

Jack/Lureen?

Good idea?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:20 am »
Hmmm...got a lot to do today (mother's reminded me I've got to finish editing her latest poetry collection for her so we can get it to the printers  :-\) and I'm back at work next week, but you've got me interested in this whole idea of colours for the different characters and things now. I'll have a look at it next weekend when I've got more time.  ;)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

I will look forward to your quest. Do that as you want and when you will have time !! No ruch!

If I may say, I think it was brokeplex who had asked me about the decor of Jack's house at Thanksgiving...
and I am now starting to think about that too !!

Would you have chossen those red chairs??

Would anyone?  Everyone can posts too!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 05:45:54 pm »
Well the good news is I've finished editing my mum's book - just got to get it down to the printer's later this week and get the printing sorted out, then we're all set, and colours are top of next weekend's to-do list. I've a memory like a sieve and I make lists of absolutely everything so I don't forget stuff, but my lists usually only make sense to me.  ;D  Next weekend's list currently reads:

- OU tut - Sat am. (skim 12, 13, 14)
- T&C pg etc. - Darren BMX
- Jane b/day
- Artiste colours
- member survey (if not offloaded)
- Ch2 - BDD
- FA prologue if time

:laugh:

Personally I wouldn't have chosen red chairs, but I guess it was the early 80's and that sort of thing was fashionable.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:03 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

It could have been in fashion then such chairs?

I still have not found them in magazines!

Maybe I will in a catalogue?

You think Lureen would have chosen those chairs?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:46 am »
I wonder if anyone would use these colours,
by my daffodils/jonquills herein in this pic??

For which scene would you have used these colours??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »
I've no idea why, but seeing that picture I've just got this crazy idea that Cassie would love daffodils.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 02:56:30 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

Cassie??

Why?

Good idea!!

She is something!!

You want to know why? Know my idea why she would?

Au revoir...

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:04 pm »
I've no idea why really, but as soon as I saw the photo she just popped into my head. I guess it's because there's something cheerful and fun about daffodils - yellow's just a really sunny, fun colour, and daffodils are just such fun flowers because they're just so unusual, with their 'trumpet' centres. There was just something fun about Cassie when Ennis first met her. She was just such a contrast to Alma and everything Ennis was used to, and I guess it was that fun aspect of her that made me think of her and the daffodils.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 04:17:24 pm »
Merci beaucoup Bliss!!

Your post is so great!!

Yes, Cassie is the trumpet... as the flower,  trying to make Ennis happy again!!

You describe all that so marvelously!

Au revoir,
hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
May I say thanks again Bliss!

Cassie's life was so much living, she was like the trumpet: that yellow to ligthen up Ennis back to joy!!

And she became a pink trumpet... loving Ennis!!

But she had to let go, since she knows later on that her white petals... are like Ennis's!! Their paths both white and different ones!!

Hope this helps you and all too; it sure helps me talking via flowers which are heaven to me!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 05:46:29 am »
Daffodils have always been my favourite flowers. I guess it's the association with spring and new beginnings and stuff. They were my aunty who died nearly 5 years ago's favourite flowers too, and we had a picture of daffodils etched into the stone where her ashes are buried.

The day she died my cousin, her son, and I had been to the local shop for supplies to keep the family gathered at the house going, and they were selling daffodil bulbs. We bought some and planted them beneath her favourite tree in her garden so that the following Spring they would come up and be a reminder of her. We planted most of them under the tree, but the ones left over were divided between three pots - one of each of my cousins and one for me, so we all also have some of those daffodils to remember her by.

You can just see some of them on the left of the photo. In the middle is a white Iris we got for my dad's aunty (her name's Iris), and on the right, my granny's favourite "bluebells". I think the "bluebells" may actually be a "Spanish Bluebell", not native to the UK, but whatever they are, my granny loved blue flowers.  :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 11:32:11 am »
Thanks Bliss!

I love your pic and story!!

Think that I will have that too on my grave stone... wonderful idea, thanks!!

So you are in England right now?

Did you see my different coulourful trumpets (centres) on mine?? I have a story about one.

You think some of those colours would have been nice as a blouse for Cassie??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 12:12:22 pm »

Did you see my different coulourful trumpets (centres) on mine?? I have a story about one.

Yep, they're beautiful! So many different varieties, and so many different shades. My favourites are some miniature daffodils we have that are a really delicate pale yellow, almost white, with golden creamy trumpets. They're so tiny and delicate.

A few years ago I made my granny a notice board with a frame made of salt dough, and I surrounded the frame with all her favourite flowers, including some daffodils. I used cake decorating cutters for the flower petals and leaves, and I had a daffodil cutter too. The little trumpets were so fiddly to make, but the result was worth it. I have it in the attic somewhere. I'll see if I can get it out and post a photograph.

Yes, I am in England. I live near a town that has one of the only two churches in the world that has a "crooked spire". The spire not only leans, with the spire 9 foot 5 inches away from the true centre, but is also twisted. There are a number of legends about how the spire came to be crooked.

One says that it was because the devil was flying south to Nottingham and he rested on the way, perching on the top of the church and wrapped his tail around the spire, twisting it. Another legend is that a magician convinced a local blacksmith to shoe the devil, but he drove a nail into the devil's foot. The devil then skimmed over the spire, and lashed out at it in pain, causing it to twist. According to another the spire was so shocked when it heard that a virgin got married in the church, it twisted to have a closer look. Also, if another virgin marries in the church, the spire will untwist. In reality it was probably that the spire was built using unseasoned timber, which warped as it dried out, but the legends are a lot more fun!

(I can imagine Cassie wearing that daffodil blouse too!)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:46 pm »
Merci Bliiss!!

Like you say:
  My favourites are some miniature daffodils we have that are a really delicate pale yellow, almost white, with golden creamy trumpets. They're so tiny and delicate.

Bliss, I love those too! I wonder who created that if they are cultivars? Or are they wild?

Yes, I would love to created a blouse with such jonquills colours for Cassie! One day... I dream to do so!
Some co. in New York City (world known in that old Christmas movie) taught that my paintings (some then) would be great to create ladies' blousses!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:15 pm »
Bliss, you are in Robin Hood area?

Maybe comparing that story to the BM movie?

Take those RH colours and place them in the BM movie?

Maybe the Bad Sherriff was it of Nottingham turned that spire crocked as he was?

Hugs! Would he (Robin), Ennis, or Jack been better to use my horse herein my pic of what I have in my collection?

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 02:02:26 pm »
Bliss, you are in Robin Hood area?

Yep, Sherwood Forest's about half an hour from where I live. I visit there often. I try to avoid the summer though because there are too many tourists. It's better when it's quiet and you can enjoy the peaceful sounds of the forest.

I took these photos a couple of years ago when I went with a friend. It was so beautiful with the sun coming through the leaves I just had to try and capture it. The tree stump fascinated me, and I stood just studying the patterns in it for a long time. It seemed very old to me, and I imagined it as just a sapling in the days of Robin.

I love the colours of your trees in your paintings! They make me think of what Brokeback would look like in the autumn time with all those different colours!  :)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 02:06:43 pm »
Bliss, I love those too! I wonder who created that if they are cultivars? Or are they wild?

I think probably the miniature ones are cultivated. Probably the normal sized ones are the size of wild ones (though I don't know a lot about plants, so that's a guess really)

I think Jack would love your horse!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 03:31:56 pm »
Merci Jack's Man!

Wow belles photos!!

Yes, I think tiny ones are cultivars, I seem to remember that I have read!! But no wild such jonquills/daffodils/narcissus in Sherwood Forest ??

May I ask: was there a real Robin Hood ??

Maybe the next BM movie will be done there, partially ??

With you in it as ... ?

Hugs! Did you know that daffodils are from the Amaryllis family, or is it vice versa??
And yes, I can see Ennis and Jack into my painting in the Fall, and I dream of them amiably in it!! But which colours would they were then ??

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »
May I ask: was there a real Robin Hood ??

Maybe the next BM movie will be done there, partially ??

With you in it as ... ?

Hugs! Did you know that daffodils are from the Amaryllis family, or is it vice versa??
And yes, I can see Ennis and Jack into my painting in the Fall, and I dream of them amiably in it!! But which colours would they were then ??

So they say, yes, there was a "real" Robin Hood. I expect that a lot of the stories of him though have been exaggerated much over the years though.

I think you're probably right. I think it's daffodils are part of the Amaryllis family.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 08:00:44 pm »
Thanks Jack's Man!

Interesting!

Wonder which colours you would give to one or more charactors of the BM movie?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 09:25:41 pm »
Which colour for Randall?

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »
This one is easy for the two characters and I will have to think about the others:

Ennis:  Definitely Bright Red
Jack:   Definitely Medium Blue

Ok, let me think:

Laureen:  Hot Pink
Alma:      Olive Green

Artiste:   Purple

Now I will have to think about the others.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 05:51:55 pm »
What Artiste: purple[/b] ??

You are surprising me jstephens !!

And why Ennis: Bright Red ??

I am really surprised by that too !!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 06:58:23 pm »
Actually, I will change Ennis to darker red, that works better. However, we are going to leave you purple. By the way those are absolutely beautiful pictures Artiste. Did you take those?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 07:30:52 pm »
Thanks jstephens!

Thanks for mentioning that you like the flowers!
Yes, these are mine !! I love the colours, the trumpets, the edges of them, plus the beautiful petals!!
Glad that you like them!!  Get some now in pots at stores ?

Why do you select red for Ennis ?? That puzzles me !!

Au revoir,
hugs!!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 08:01:25 pm »

Why do you select red for Ennis ?? That puzzles me !!

Red for anger?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 10:59:46 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

Red for anger, always that colour for Ennis??

Au revoir,
hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 10:40:38 am »
Would anyone use blue for Ennis?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2008, 07:24:25 pm »
Would you colour Jack pink ?