Author Topic: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?  (Read 16830 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 05:45:54 pm »
Well the good news is I've finished editing my mum's book - just got to get it down to the printer's later this week and get the printing sorted out, then we're all set, and colours are top of next weekend's to-do list. I've a memory like a sieve and I make lists of absolutely everything so I don't forget stuff, but my lists usually only make sense to me.  ;D  Next weekend's list currently reads:

- OU tut - Sat am. (skim 12, 13, 14)
- T&C pg etc. - Darren BMX
- Jane b/day
- Artiste colours
- member survey (if not offloaded)
- Ch2 - BDD
- FA prologue if time

:laugh:

Personally I wouldn't have chosen red chairs, but I guess it was the early 80's and that sort of thing was fashionable.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:03 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

It could have been in fashion then such chairs?

I still have not found them in magazines!

Maybe I will in a catalogue?

You think Lureen would have chosen those chairs?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:46 am »
I wonder if anyone would use these colours,
by my daffodils/jonquills herein in this pic??

For which scene would you have used these colours??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »
I've no idea why, but seeing that picture I've just got this crazy idea that Cassie would love daffodils.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 02:56:30 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

Cassie??

Why?

Good idea!!

She is something!!

You want to know why? Know my idea why she would?

Au revoir...

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:04 pm »
I've no idea why really, but as soon as I saw the photo she just popped into my head. I guess it's because there's something cheerful and fun about daffodils - yellow's just a really sunny, fun colour, and daffodils are just such fun flowers because they're just so unusual, with their 'trumpet' centres. There was just something fun about Cassie when Ennis first met her. She was just such a contrast to Alma and everything Ennis was used to, and I guess it was that fun aspect of her that made me think of her and the daffodils.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 04:17:24 pm »
Merci beaucoup Bliss!!

Your post is so great!!

Yes, Cassie is the trumpet... as the flower,  trying to make Ennis happy again!!

You describe all that so marvelously!

Au revoir,
hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 04:23:19 pm »
May I say thanks again Bliss!

Cassie's life was so much living, she was like the trumpet: that yellow to ligthen up Ennis back to joy!!

And she became a pink trumpet... loving Ennis!!

But she had to let go, since she knows later on that her white petals... are like Ennis's!! Their paths both white and different ones!!

Hope this helps you and all too; it sure helps me talking via flowers which are heaven to me!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 05:46:29 am »
Daffodils have always been my favourite flowers. I guess it's the association with spring and new beginnings and stuff. They were my aunty who died nearly 5 years ago's favourite flowers too, and we had a picture of daffodils etched into the stone where her ashes are buried.

The day she died my cousin, her son, and I had been to the local shop for supplies to keep the family gathered at the house going, and they were selling daffodil bulbs. We bought some and planted them beneath her favourite tree in her garden so that the following Spring they would come up and be a reminder of her. We planted most of them under the tree, but the ones left over were divided between three pots - one of each of my cousins and one for me, so we all also have some of those daffodils to remember her by.

You can just see some of them on the left of the photo. In the middle is a white Iris we got for my dad's aunty (her name's Iris), and on the right, my granny's favourite "bluebells". I think the "bluebells" may actually be a "Spanish Bluebell", not native to the UK, but whatever they are, my granny loved blue flowers.  :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 11:32:11 am »
Thanks Bliss!

I love your pic and story!!

Think that I will have that too on my grave stone... wonderful idea, thanks!!

So you are in England right now?

Did you see my different coulourful trumpets (centres) on mine?? I have a story about one.

You think some of those colours would have been nice as a blouse for Cassie??

Au revoir,
hugs!