Author Topic: Asteroid Collision with Earth  (Read 10211 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: Asteroid Collision with Earth
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:12:13 am »
no I do not see this, the anthropological and linguistic evidence of their emigration from Asia is overwhelming.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
Sorry Artiste but you contradict yourself. American Indians could not have been in North America 8 million years ago, there were no modern humans anywhere on the planet at that time.

I seem to remember seeing on TV last year or  two years ago, that proof (or two at least, maybe more now to-day) is now found that First Nations were here over 6 million or so years ago!!

The finding were in South America, plus in North America shortly after??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 01:17:46 am »
you are watching too many game shows, go look up the evidence in a reliable encyclopedia.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 11:20:32 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Since that research is new, I suppose that information is not yet in such encyclopedia!! ??

Anyway, for now that was at least on two TV documantary programs.

The 2 new found evidence is obviously still being analysed to-day??

Hugs!! Note: Such news will differ your idea about us all starting from Africa, then we went up to Europe... Asia and then to Canada, then the USA, and so forth, as we think as history of mankind so far!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »
Artiste, you might want to go to the following web site:

iceagenow.com

Climatologist Robert Felix talks about the evidence that the Earth is about to exit a warming phase and enter another ice age. So, the Polar Bears will be probably be alright.

Maybe we'll start to see snow for Christmas around here again.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:35:04 pm »
You wish so Jeff, for more snow?

At my mother, my brother comes to push the snow when there is 2 inches or more, in her yard... after it snows usually a lot and often!!

But it was the first time, Christmas had no snow in 2007!!

And twice aleady this 2008 January all the snow had melted; that he had never seen before since he lived there from 1948, where snow banks became at least 3 to 5 feet or more all January's EVERY YEAR till NOW!!

So, it seems snow and ice is melting, odd times and more and more now?? !!

What is your situation?? Maybe you had an asteroid fall near you to melt snow and/or ice?? Where are you?

Hugs!!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 08:33:11 pm »
new evidence shows that smaller asteroids can have a devastating impact if they collide with the Earth. This is important because smaller asteroids are three times more likely to impact Earth than the larger variety of Dinosaur killers. The famous Tunguska impact in Siberia a century ago is now thought to be from a much smaller asteroid than was originally thought.

see: "Research Sheds New Light on Asteroidal Disasters"  www.cnn.com/2008/tech/space/01/29/asteroid.recalculated.ap/html

Yep, just a matter of time.  Hopefully we'll develop the technology to deal with them, but right now, we need about a 10-15 year head start, but with little funding going toward the NASA project to look for NEOs (near earth objects), chances are fairly good we're going to get our bell rung but good within in the next century, give or take.

injest

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:37:23 pm »
not ME...if I see one coming I intend to DUCK!

;D ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:42:45 pm »

Jess:       Malard or Peking ?????

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
not ME...if I see one coming I intend to DUCK!

;D ;D

Heh, from what I've read and heard, unlike in the movies, the meteor or comet will be traveling so fast, that once it hits our atmosphere, it will impact the ground in about 2-3 seconds.  Most of us won't even know what hit us.