Author Topic: A positive story about the media  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
A positive story about the media
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:45:14 pm »
Wasn't sure which thread to post this in.  If anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

"Another reasons stars love Santa Fe: TMZ, the site that broke the news of Ledger's death, made a call to The New Mexican's photo staff to hire a photographer to look for Gyllenhaal in Santa Fe. No takers. And it's unlikely any of the media, at least local media, will be hightailing it out to the closed set to bother anyone, least of all a man who's mourning a friend. That's one of the intangible, nonmonetary benefits of making movies in New Mexico. We may enjoy the occasional breakfast sighting of a star, but folks here value privacy."

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Leisure/El_mitote_012708

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: A positive story about the media
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:47:34 pm »
If this is true, good for them!  Thanks Clarissa!  Good to read.  I may post this other places if that's okay.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:16:18 pm »
If this is true, good for them!  Thanks Clarissa!  Good to read.  I may post this other places if that's okay.

Well, seems like there must be some thread to put this in, but wasn't sure which, so sure, whatevah. 

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:48:28 pm »
No, I meant on another Brokie board!

(I would never question your posting choices here on Bettermost, mod-lady!)   8)

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:02:04 pm »
Awesome story.  The same is basically true up here in Canada.  People occasionally may sight a star or celeb., but they give them their space.  When Brad and Angelina were here in Edmonton during the filming of the Jesse James movie, there were sightings, but people kept a respectful distance.  The only ones who got close were the odd paparazzi photographer from the States, but even they didn't get too carried-away.  I am so glad for Jake that, so far, his privacy is being respected.  I'm sure he will have some comments at a later date, but ONLY WHEN HE FEELS READY TO SHARE THEM WITH EVERYONE.

Thanks for this.

THE WINGS