Author Topic: Everyone has an accent....  (Read 22491 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Everyone has an accent....
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:18:19 am »
Even those of us who think we don't   ;)   Some people find foreign accents  very sexy, any foreign accent, other not so much, or maybe only one or two.  Tell us what you think. 

Personally I love

Southern Gentlemen, Irish lads and sexy Italians. ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
Re: Everyone has an accent....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:48:47 am »
I've ticked Scottish........as in Sean Connery's Scottish.....I think he has a very sexy voice.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:58 pm »
I really don't find any English language accents sexy, especially American ones. My boyfriend has a British accent, and I think it's quite charming, and perhaps sexy, but it's probably because it is HIS accent. Australian accents are very sunny, happy and cute sounding - a very pleasant accent to listen to, but I don't know if I would consider it sexy.

I've always been attracted to North European accents - Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, etc. Now THOSE are some very sexy accents!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:23 pm »
Whisper sweet nothings in my ear in French and I'm yours ..... Ooooh la la! 

I voted French, but that's only because you wouldn't let me choose more than one. >:( .  I'm also rather partial to a sexy Italian accent, a soft Southern Irish accent, a gentle Welsh or Scottish accent, a lovely Aussie accent (especially if it's deep ... like Russell Crowe) and some American accents (as long as it doesn't sound whiny like Kevin Costner).

Oooh, and I love it when Sean Bean talks in his broad Sheffield accent ... very sexy!!

I'm obviously not too fussy am I?!  ;D

Susie  :D

Alex told me many Americans sound like cows! In other words, Americans have a very "Mwau Mwua" sound when they talk and there is very little variance and inflection in the speech patterns. And whether they know it or not, many Americans sound like they are talking through their noses. I've noticed this "nasal-y" sounding accent from people up north in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. It sounds like their noses are all stuffed up.

I think Canadians have a cute accent. I love the way they say words like "out" and "house".

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:50:14 am »
...  :laugh:  Well I wasn't going to be quite that mean, but some Americans do sound rather whiny and, you're right, nasal-y.  I rather like the New York accent ... especially if the guy's wearing a Fireman's uniform!    ;D

Yeah the Canadian accent is quite cute too .... where "out" rhymes with "boat"!  :P

Susie  :D

Well, you wouldn't like the way I sound, becasue I DEFINATELY don't sound like I'm from New York! :laugh:

Alex says I sound Southern.  >:(

Come to think about it, others have said it too!

NOT!!! I don't sound Southern. If anything it's a Midwestern accent. But I don't have an accent. You have an accent! Everyone else has an accent! We don't talk funny here.

Have you ever noticed that? It's always everyone else! :)

And "about" sounds like "a boot" in Canadian! CUTE!!!!  :-* :-*

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:55:33 am »
Well I put Australian. I think it,s a lovely accent. Now sorry if this offends anyone but someone mentioned about American and Canadian accents? To be perfectly honest I can,t tell the difference, they all sound the same to me. It,s the same with and Aus and NZ one. I honestly couldn,t tell the difference. I had this dentist once, who I thought was from Aus and he said, in a very arsey sounding voice that he was from NZ. I did apologise for that, but I really couldn,t tell the difference. Then I,m just a dumb Brit, what do I know?  ::) ;)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 06:35:08 am »
I absolutly cannot STAND Brummie accents and scousers accents. God they are so awful. Can,t understand a word they say. I don,t mind Irish accents and scots are ok, think of Billy Connolly.  :)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:41:21 pm »
Alex told me many Americans sound like cows! In other words, Americans have a very "Mwau Mwua" sound when they talk and there is very little variance and inflection in the speech patterns. And whether they know it or not, many Americans sound like they are talking through their noses. I've noticed this "nasal-y" sounding accent from people up north in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. It sounds like their noses are all stuffed up.

I think Canadians have a cute accent. I love the way they say words like "out" and "house".

thanks david!  i'm canadian!  lol

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:03 pm »
I picked English... by which I mean British (all varieties of British accents).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:43:26 pm »

Ooooooh, Dottie!  :o 

For shame! For Shame!  :(

"Australian/NZ"?  ???

There ain't no such thing!  :-\

Several million Australians and New Zealanders will have your head on a spike for saying that!!!  :(

It's either Australian OR New Zealand, but definitely NEVER "Australian/NZ"!!!  :'(   ;)    :D

Personally, I don't necessarily find accents sexy per se. What I find sexy is the men speaking  with the accents. And using that criteria I voted for Italian, 'cause IMHO Italian men are the sexiest men on earth. All you ladies out there who have ever had an Italian lover will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!  ;)   ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν