Author Topic: Everyone has an accent....  (Read 22719 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Everyone has an accent....
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:18:19 am »
Even those of us who think we don't   ;)   Some people find foreign accents  very sexy, any foreign accent, other not so much, or maybe only one or two.  Tell us what you think. 

Personally I love

Southern Gentlemen, Irish lads and sexy Italians. ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
Re: Everyone has an accent....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:48:47 am »
I've ticked Scottish........as in Sean Connery's Scottish.....I think he has a very sexy voice.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:58 pm »
I really don't find any English language accents sexy, especially American ones. My boyfriend has a British accent, and I think it's quite charming, and perhaps sexy, but it's probably because it is HIS accent. Australian accents are very sunny, happy and cute sounding - a very pleasant accent to listen to, but I don't know if I would consider it sexy.

I've always been attracted to North European accents - Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, etc. Now THOSE are some very sexy accents!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:23 pm »
Whisper sweet nothings in my ear in French and I'm yours ..... Ooooh la la! 

I voted French, but that's only because you wouldn't let me choose more than one. >:( .  I'm also rather partial to a sexy Italian accent, a soft Southern Irish accent, a gentle Welsh or Scottish accent, a lovely Aussie accent (especially if it's deep ... like Russell Crowe) and some American accents (as long as it doesn't sound whiny like Kevin Costner).

Oooh, and I love it when Sean Bean talks in his broad Sheffield accent ... very sexy!!

I'm obviously not too fussy am I?!  ;D

Susie  :D

Alex told me many Americans sound like cows! In other words, Americans have a very "Mwau Mwua" sound when they talk and there is very little variance and inflection in the speech patterns. And whether they know it or not, many Americans sound like they are talking through their noses. I've noticed this "nasal-y" sounding accent from people up north in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. It sounds like their noses are all stuffed up.

I think Canadians have a cute accent. I love the way they say words like "out" and "house".

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 05:50:14 am »
...  :laugh:  Well I wasn't going to be quite that mean, but some Americans do sound rather whiny and, you're right, nasal-y.  I rather like the New York accent ... especially if the guy's wearing a Fireman's uniform!    ;D

Yeah the Canadian accent is quite cute too .... where "out" rhymes with "boat"!  :P

Susie  :D

Well, you wouldn't like the way I sound, becasue I DEFINATELY don't sound like I'm from New York! :laugh:

Alex says I sound Southern.  >:(

Come to think about it, others have said it too!

NOT!!! I don't sound Southern. If anything it's a Midwestern accent. But I don't have an accent. You have an accent! Everyone else has an accent! We don't talk funny here.

Have you ever noticed that? It's always everyone else! :)

And "about" sounds like "a boot" in Canadian! CUTE!!!!  :-* :-*

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:55:33 am »
Well I put Australian. I think it,s a lovely accent. Now sorry if this offends anyone but someone mentioned about American and Canadian accents? To be perfectly honest I can,t tell the difference, they all sound the same to me. It,s the same with and Aus and NZ one. I honestly couldn,t tell the difference. I had this dentist once, who I thought was from Aus and he said, in a very arsey sounding voice that he was from NZ. I did apologise for that, but I really couldn,t tell the difference. Then I,m just a dumb Brit, what do I know?  ::) ;)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 06:35:08 am »
I absolutly cannot STAND Brummie accents and scousers accents. God they are so awful. Can,t understand a word they say. I don,t mind Irish accents and scots are ok, think of Billy Connolly.  :)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:41:21 pm »
Alex told me many Americans sound like cows! In other words, Americans have a very "Mwau Mwua" sound when they talk and there is very little variance and inflection in the speech patterns. And whether they know it or not, many Americans sound like they are talking through their noses. I've noticed this "nasal-y" sounding accent from people up north in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. It sounds like their noses are all stuffed up.

I think Canadians have a cute accent. I love the way they say words like "out" and "house".

thanks david!  i'm canadian!  lol

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:03 pm »
I picked English... by which I mean British (all varieties of British accents).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:43:26 pm »

Ooooooh, Dottie!  :o 

For shame! For Shame!  :(

"Australian/NZ"?  ???

There ain't no such thing!  :-\

Several million Australians and New Zealanders will have your head on a spike for saying that!!!  :(

It's either Australian OR New Zealand, but definitely NEVER "Australian/NZ"!!!  :'(   ;)    :D

Personally, I don't necessarily find accents sexy per se. What I find sexy is the men speaking  with the accents. And using that criteria I voted for Italian, 'cause IMHO Italian men are the sexiest men on earth. All you ladies out there who have ever had an Italian lover will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!  ;)   ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 02:19:03 am »
If anything it's a Midwestern accent. But I don't have an accent. You have an accent! Everyone else has an accent! We don't talk funny here.

I've always thought the same, David!  :D

And actually, I think that's somewhat objectively true. Actors, actresses, TV news people ... they always sound more Midwestern to me than anything else.

Canadians I think sound very much like Midwesterners, too, except for that "aboot" thing you all have been mentioning. Sometimes I'll be listening to someone on TV and think, "Hold up -- did he just say 'aboot'?" and I'll go look up the person on imdb and sure enough, he's from Canada.

It wasn't until I moved from Minnesota that I realized Minnesotans have an accent. It's that we say "Minnesooootans." Not exactly like the Canadian "aboot" but we say that O with a completely round mouth, in a kind of Scandinavian way, whereas people on the coasts would say something closer to "Minnesoteewwoootons."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 02:22:48 am »

And actually, I think that's somewhat objectively true. Actors, actresses, TV news people ... they always sound more Midwestern to me than anything else.

Canadians I think sound very much like Midwesterners, too, except for that "aboot" thing you all have been mentioning. Sometimes I'll be listening to someone on TV and think, "Hold up -- did he just say 'aboot'?" and I'll go look up the person on imdb and sure enough, he's from Canada.

It wasn't until I moved from Minnesota that I realized Minnesotans have an accent. It's that we say "Minnesooootans." Not exactly like the Canadian "aboot" but we say that O with a completely round mouth, in a kind of Scandinavian way, whereas people on the coasts would say something closer to "Minnesoteewwoootons."

Minnesota is anther place where they sound like their noses are all stuffed up!! :laugh:

(((Katherine)))

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 02:56:13 am »

Katherine, in all fairness since you joked about the Minnesota accent I will joke about mine (By the way, I dated a guy from Minnesota and I thought his accent was quite cute. His name was Tyler. But I digress...)

In Indiana, we say "poosh" instead of push. And we say "deesh" instead of dish. Fish is "feesh". Door is "dow". You get the idea. A magazine subscription is often a magazine "perscription" around here. Not "prescription", it's "PERscription". (That's just bad English). And yes, everyone from Kokomo southward says "ya'll" and "fixin'" as in "fixin' to go run some errands".

Another strange thing we do here, and I didn't even realize it was strange until I worked in retail 20 years ago, is to give people directions using compass points, rather than "turn left" or "turn right". We'll tell folks to "head west on 71st street for 2 miles and then turn south on Keystone avenue". Nobody around here thinks anything of it, but if we say it to an out of towner... WOW!! They will give us confused and often angry looks!  :laugh:

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:08 am »
well if ennis was from canada he'd say "eh?"  instead of "huh?"
lol
i've never heard the difference in how we canadians say "about", but i guess it's true 'cause americans can pick up that i'm from canada; however, i've been told i also have a minnesota accent, 'cause my dad's from there, so i took on some of his "lingo" however, i don't say "ruff"  for roof, and "crik" for "creek"
lol
but yes,..........yes , i say "eh".

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 10:33:38 am »
Minnesota is anther place where they sound like their noses are all stuffed up!! :laugh:

So you're sayeed dad because I'b a Biddesooddad I talk fuddy?

:laugh:

well if ennis was from canada he'd say "eh?"  instead of "huh?"

Oh yeah! I forgot about "eh?"

Offline Katie77

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 04:15:01 pm »
I picked English... by which I mean British (all varieties of British accents).

Some English accents are nice.....but.......is there anyone else out there that feels like I do about David Beckham........he looks so so sexy, and then he opens his mouth and its awful.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 07:15:41 pm »
Some English accents are nice.....but.......is there anyone else out there that feels like I do about David Beckham........he looks so so sexy, and then he opens his mouth and its awful.

Absolutely correct! David Beckham should never speak in public. It's embarrassing!  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ZK

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 05:15:50 am »
My NZ opinion is biased but to help the readers should they need to distinguish those of us from down under, the best way to tell an Aussie from a Kiwi (NZ) is either the "fish n chip" test or the number 6 test??? (no offense intended to my cousins across the Tazy)
NZ = Fish n Chips
Aussie Feesh n cheeps
NZ  siiix
Aussie seex
As to accents nothing beats a real strong aussie accent (eh mate) or American or well anything other than your own come to think of it

Offline Katie77

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 05:25:51 am »
My NZ opinion is biased but to help the readers should they need to distinguish those of us from down under, the best way to tell an Aussie from a Kiwi (NZ) is either the "fish n chip" test or the number 6 test??? (no offense intended to my cousins across the Tazy)
NZ = Fish n Chips
Aussie Feesh n cheeps
NZ  siiix
Aussie seex
As to accents nothing beats a real strong aussie accent (eh mate) or American or well anything other than your own come to think of it

Hey......its you kiwis that say "sex" for six.......true....its you not us.....

Offline ZK

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 01:08:23 pm »
funny to our ears six is definitely siix and 3 hours west of here where there are "green alligators and long necked geese" six is definitely sex eh?
Go Rolf Harris ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »

Hmm, I'm inclined to think that if I went into a fast-food outlet and heard someone ordering a serving of "Fush 'nd Chups," it's most likely I'd be in New Zealand, not in Australia!   ;)   ;)

Unless, of course, I was at Bondi Beach in Sydney, where there are more Kiwis than Aussies, per head of population. I'd definitely hear "Fush 'nd Chups" there!   ;)   :laugh:.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ZK

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 01:34:24 am »
I'll have to give you that one Kerry LOL. Two of my colleagues from work are leaving for Bondi beginning of March... seriously. Not meaning to hijack the thread but I can understand the pull for NZers to immigrate to Oz, but why do Tasmanians immigrate to NZ? 3 out of the 4 Aussies I know here are tazzies??

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 01:50:38 am »
Absolutely correct! David Beckham should never speak in public. It's embarrassing!  :-\

I like David Beckham's accent!! :D

I like David Beckham!! PERIOD!!!  He's cute and so is his accent! :)

Kerry, don't you be mean to poor David now, you hear me? I'll have to spank you with a wet noodle! >:(

;) ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 07:30:20 am »
I like David Beckham's accent!! :D

I like David Beckham!! PERIOD!!!  He's cute and so is his accent! :)

Kerry, don't you be mean to poor David now, you hear me? I'll have to spank you with a wet noodle! >:(

;) ;)

Promises, promises!  ;)   ;)   ;)   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 07:36:06 am »
I'll have to give you that one Kerry LOL. Two of my colleagues from work are leaving for Bondi beginning of March... seriously. Not meaning to hijack the thread but I can understand the pull for NZers to immigrate to Oz, but why do Tasmanians immigrate to NZ? 3 out of the 4 Aussies I know here are tazzies??

I know why! Because New Zealand is such a breathtakingly beautiful country, that's why!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40:49 am »

Me Kate. He,s as dense as fog he is. His football "skills" arn,t much better either.  ::)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
Can I ask you Aussies something on what's kind of a sensitive and sad topic but one I've always been curious about? Heath's accent. To me, his accent never sounded quite like what I think of as an Australian accent. If anything, it sounded a bit ... well, almost more British. At least, he didn't (sorry, I hate using past tense) sound quite like the Australians I've known in real life -- a boss and a guy I very briefly dated years ago -- or on TV or whatever.

Was it a matter of the part of Australia he came from? Or are there class differences in accents there? Or was his accent trained for acting? Or am I just hearing wrong with my uneducated ears?

I know that in the U.S., accents can vary not only by region but often by state or even, in some cases, what part of a city people are from. So maybe it's as simple as that. In any case, I've always wondered and I hope it's not too touch a subject for someone to address.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 12:48:17 pm »
Can I ask you Aussies something on what's kind of a sensitive and sad topic but one I've always been curious about? Heath's accent. To me, his accent never sounded quite like what I think of as an Australian accent. If anything, it sounded a bit ... well, almost more British. At least, he didn't (sorry, I hate using past tense) sound quite like the Australians I've known in real life -- a boss and a guy I very briefly dated years ago -- or on TV or whatever.

Was it a matter of the part of Australia he came from? Or are there class differences in accents there? Or was his accent trained for acting? Or am I just hearing wrong with my uneducated ears?

I know that in the U.S., accents can vary not only by region but often by state or even, in some cases, what part of a city people are from. So maybe it's as simple as that. In any case, I've always wondered and I hope it's not too touch a subject for someone to address.

I'd also be curious to learn more about Australian accents (regional dialects, etc.), since I know very little about that subject.

About Heath, I also agree that there were moments when he sounded British.  Sometimes his voice actually reminded me of Keith Richards (only sometimes though).  To me, Heath's voice seemed to change a bit from interview to interview... and I always sort of wondered if it had anything to do with particular roles he might be working on.  I wonder if altering his voice for certain parts carried over into his normal speech patterns from time to time.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 02:11:19 pm »
I absolutly cannot STAND Brummie accents and scousers accents. God they are so awful. Can,t understand a word they say. I don,t mind Irish accents and scots are ok, think of Billy Connolly.  :)

What are Brummie and Scousers

It tickles me when companies in the US use "someone with a British accent" on their answering service recordings because it "sounds elegant" when the specific accent they're using is very low-rent — cockney or something (I don't know the term; maybe that's Brummie or Scousers?).   ???  ::)

There are all kinds of different Southern accents.  People from coastal Virginia sound very "old-world" — the closest you'll find in the US to the Scottish accents from which they sprang.  And Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Texas accents sound very different from each other.  A friend of mine (who was from New Hampshire) said that when I left my native Tennessee and lived in the Florida panhandle for a while, my accent changed.

The most beautiful accent I ever heard was on this guy from Louisiana.  Somewhat similar to New Orleans but purer . . .  prettier.  OMG — just made mah lil' heart go pitty-pat . . .    :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 02:17:21 pm »
I think many of the people in Maine sound somewhat British too. Also to a lesser degree in Vermont and New Hampshire. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 02:18:32 pm »
I was mean about David Beckham too ... does that mean I get a spanking??!!   ;D ;D ;D

Susie  :-*

Yup. You bet it does! Both you and Kerry have been very naughty! ;)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 02:31:24 pm »
What are Brummie and Scousers

It tickles me when companies in the US use "someone with a British accent" on their answering service recordings because it "sounds elegant" when the specific accent they're using is very low-rent — cockney or something (I don't know the term; maybe that's Brummie or Scousers?).   ???  ::)

There are all kinds of different Southern accents.  People from coastal Virginia sound very "old-world" — the closest you'll find in the US to the Scottish accents from which they sprang.  And Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Texas accents sound very different from each other.  A friend of mine (who was from New Hampshire) said that when I left my native Tennessee and lived in the Florida panhandle for a while, my accent changed.

The most beautiful accent I ever heard was on this guy from Louisiana.  Somewhat similar to New Orleans but purer . . .  prettier.  OMG — just made mah lil' heart go pitty-pat . . .    :o

Hi Laura.

A Brummie is someone from Birmingham, and a scouser is someone from Liverpool. Both accents are absolutly dreadful. You can,t understand a word they say, it,s awful. I never used to watch Brookside for that reason, I couldn,t understand what they were saying. (That was a soap set in Liverpool).
That made me laugh about some US companies using someone with a British accent on an answering machine because we sound "posh". Good job they didn,t use someone from the east end then lol. That aint NO way posh lol. :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 02:45:30 pm »

Upper class New Orleanians have that soft lulling Southern accent. But middle- and working-class New Orleanians sounds a lot like they're from Brooklyn! When I first moved there, I assumed all those people were from Brooklyn. I'd meet someone new and think, OK, all those other people were from New Orleans but this person really has to be from New York. No.

Apparently the immigration patterns were similar.

And then of course Cajuns have a whole other accent altogether.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 05:34:46 pm »

Good question!

Just my opinion and I'm sure every Australian you ask will have an opinion of his/her own . . . . . .

In Australia, we don't have "accents" as one would see them so dramatically displayed in such places as England or America. An Australian accent is an Australian accent.

However, having said that, I personally believe there are three distinct ways in which an Australian can deliver his/her mode of speech:

* High Australian - As spoken by Heath. Spoken by intellectuals, the affluent and upper-crust.

* Middle Australian - As spoken my the vast majority of Australians.

* Low Australian - As spoken by the uneducated Australian, usually referred to as "ockers" or "yobs."

Heath did not come from a background of the great unwashed masses. He was born to wealth and privilege. He comes from a family of intellectuals and he himself (as did his sister Kate) went to exclusive schools.

Heath's father, grandfather and great grandfather were all university educated (unlike America, a university education is not common in Oz).

Heath's great grandfather was a Knight of the Realm, bestowed by the reigning Monarch, which is a great honour in any British Commonwealth country and would have immediately set the entire family apart and above their peers.

Added to Heath's High Australian "accent " is the fact that he worked professionally as an actor and would have trained his voice accordingly. And then there was also the naturally deep, resonant timbre of Heath's voice, which made it so sexy and enjoyable to listen to - in any accent!

Just my personal opinion.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »

You are right about Heath's accent.....when I heard him speak, I did not think his accent was very Australian at all, it was very sophisticated for an Aussie, maybe because of his private schooling or maybe because of voice coaching. His father's accent is more Aussie.

I dont think the Aussie accent changes much from one end of the country to the other, although some say, the further north one comes from, the slower the accent. I think that is because the northern states have more small country towns and country folk just seem to talk  a bit slower.

We have a term "ocker" which refers to an accent like Paul Hogan and Steve Irwin.....I would say that most working class Aussies sound like them...I would put myself in that category and most of my friends. Actors like Hugh Jackeman and Russell Crowe have similar accents. Most Aussies I associate with use the greeting "gidday, ow ya goin"...."fair dinkum".....and use "bloody" as an adjective in most conversations. It is a humourous accent, sometimes lazy, we drop of letters at the beginning of a lot of words, some say we talk too fast.

I think people who have come from more privilged backgrounds or have had private schooling, develop a more sophisticated type of accent, the fact that we have a lot of British migrants and descendents can also influence how their children's accents develop.

Obviously, living amongst it, I dont notice the accent in everyday life....but I do notice it, when an Aussie is talking on American TV or is playing the part of an Aussie in an overseas movie.

Hopefully Kerry will give his insight too into this...... its hard to explain when you live with it, and it seems so normal.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 05:44:39 pm »
Hahahahhaa.....I see Kerry was writing his post at the same time as I was.......

Well, Kerry, we both agree where Heath got his accent from........but.........I had to have a giggle at you putting us "ockers" down in the uneducated unwashed masses.......fair dinkum mate......isn't "working class" a better way to put it.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:24 pm »
Thanks, mates! You've helped solve a mystery I've wondered about off and on for two years.  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:26 pm »
Hahahahhaa.....I see Kerry was writing his post at the same time as I was.......

Well, Kerry, we both agree where Heath got his accent from........but.........I had to have a giggle at you putting us "ockers" down in the uneducated unwashed masses.......fair dinkum mate......isn't "working class" a better way to put it.

Great minds think alike, Sue. There's much there that we agree on. However, I would disagree with you about the vast majority of Australians speaking like Steve Irwin!  Yikes! In my experience, the majority appear to be in the middle category; i.e., not intellectuals, but not ockers, either.

Personally, I rarely say "G'Day" when greeting someone. In fact, I've probably used it here at BetterMost more than at any other time in my life, mainly because I've noticed that Americans are fond of Australianism, and also sending myself up. I have NEVER used the word "Crikey!" EVER . . . . until I came to BetterMost, for the same reasons.

I'm no intellectual, but I'm not a yob either. Just an average, everyday, garden-variety citizen of the Land of Oz!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 06:49:40 pm »

I'm no intellectual, but I'm not a yob either. Just an average, everyday, garden-variety citizen of the Land of Oz!

Just goes to show, just how many varieties there are in this Beautiful garden.....eh Kerry !!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 07:04:56 pm »
Just goes to show, just how many varieties there are in this Beautiful garden.....eh Kerry !!!

God's own country, Sue! God's own country! I love Australia with a passion and give thanks every day that I was born in this beautiful country.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 07:53:39 pm »
;D ;D ;D

She's smiling now but......  >:(

You dissed the D, Susie. We can't have that around here. >:(

;) ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 11:06:41 pm »
She's smiling now but......  >:(

You dissed the D, Susie. We can't have that around here. >:(

;) ;)

Warning! Warning! Kerry has self-defence wet noodles of his own, armed with nuclear-powered, extra-hot-chillisauce warheads! They deliver an extremely painful, damp slap!!!    ;)   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 03:28:30 am »
Warning! Warning! Kerry has self-defence wet noodles of his own, armed with nuclear-powered, extra-hot-chillisauce warheads! They deliver an extremely painful, damp slap!!!    ;)   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Well make sure you have those noodles tuned up real good Kerry, because NOBODY yokes up David Beckham and gets away with it!! >:(

;) ;)

Susie, I'm coming for you too girl! You better run! ;)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 09:50:55 am »
Well make sure you have those noodles tuned up real good Kerry, because NOBODY yokes up David Beckham and gets away with it!! >:(

;) ;)

Susie, I'm coming for you too girl! You better run! ;)

I know how you feel, David. It's the same way I'd feel if someone said something bad about Chris "God Incarnate" Meloni!  :P  :P  :P

I saw Chris in an episode of SVU last night, set in bed, he was stripped to the waist, showing what had to be the sexiest arm-pits I've ever seen!   :o  I didn't even know  I was into arm-pits until last night! But I am now! With Chris, anyhoo! Then again, I'd be into anything  with Chris! Sigh!   ::)  Someone pass the digitalis!  ;)  :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:39 pm »
Here you are, mate!

Digitalis purpurea

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 05:56:13 pm »
I know how you feel, David. It's the same way I'd feel if someone said something bad about Chris "God Incarnate" Meloni!  :P  :P  :P

I hope you all realise I was just giving you a hard way to go about David Beckham. His accent is kind of bad, isn't it? But he SHOOOOOOORE is cute!! :)

Now I gotta spank myself with a wet noodle for saying that! ;) ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 06:02:51 pm »
Here you are, mate!

Digitalis purpurea

Ummm......   :-\

HAHA!

Wow!  :o

Paul, what are you doing?  :laugh:  :laugh:

Wait a minute, don't answer that.

KERRY!!!! You better come here and take a look at this!  :laugh:

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:30 pm »
Kerry was smitten with Chris Meloni's finely shaped axillae, developed a little tachycardia, and asked, "pass the digitalis". 

Being the good doctor, I obliged with the real thing.

Now, David, I hope you have a large pot of pasta, because I was about to blast Becks.  He sounds like Mike Tyson!  Some men should be seen and not heard.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 06:12:45 pm »
Kerry was smitten with Chris Meloni's finely shaped axillae, developed a little tachycardia, and asked, "pass the digitalis". 

Being the good doctor, I obliged with the real thing.

Now, David, I hope you have a large pot of pasta, because I was about to blast Becks.  He sounds like Mike Tyson!  Some men should be seen and not heard.

I agree with you about Mike Tyson. He DEFINATELY should be seen and not heard. Maybe he shouldn't even be seen! :P

Oh God his voice is terrible!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 06:26:25 pm »

Yipee! My very own Digitalis Purpurea!

I really will be needing it, when there are pics of Chris like this one around - from The Fanelli Boys. It sure does show off his Italian ancestry (I voted for the Italian accent in this poll, by the way)

Sorry for hijacking this poll, but give me an inch and I'll take a mile when it comes to Chris. And don't get me started on Chris' inches!!!   :-*   :-*   :-*   ;)   ;)   :laugh:

So as not to be completely OT, can someone please tell me what Chris' accent is? To me, it doesn't necessarily sound "American."  In fact, he doesn't seem to have an accent at all, to my ear.  ???
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 06:45:48 pm »

So as not to be completely OT, can someone please tell me what Chris' accent is? To me, it doesn't necessarily sound "American."  In fact, he doesn't seem to have an accent at all, to my ear.  ???

Maybe cause you are concentrating too much on his "arm pits"....... ::) ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 06:52:58 pm »

Is he American Kerry? Maybe he's from Canada. Do you know? I'll check on Wikipedia later this evening.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 10:49:51 pm »
IMDb says he was born in Washington DC and his ancestry is half Italian (see, Kerry!) and half Quebecois (very good, David).

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 03:09:00 am »
IMDb says he was born in Washington DC and his ancestry is half Italian (see, Kerry!) and half Quebecois (very good, David).

Thanks for getting back to me, Paul and David. I just went over to Chris' Wikipedia page and found lots of interesting information about him, including some links to fan sites that I've added to my Favourites!  ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2008, 03:10:54 am »
Thanks for getting back to me, Paul and David. I just went over to Chris' Wikipedia page and found lots of interesting information about him, including some links to fan sites that I've added to my Favourites!  ;)   :D

Did it say what kind of accent he had Kerry? I don't believe I've ever heard him talk. He sure is cute though!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2008, 03:29:08 am »
Did it say what kind of accent he had Kerry? I don't believe I've ever heard him talk. He sure is cute though!

Alas, no, it made no mention of his accent, David.  :-\

Like Heath, I guess he's trained his voice so there's no longer a particular regional accent evident.  ???

He sure does have a gorgeous voice. Deep and sexy. The kinda voice that makes one go weak at the knees!  :P    ;)   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν