Author Topic: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)  (Read 17766 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »
Please join the BetterMost community in a moment of silence at 3:00 PM ET, this Tuesday, February 12

Hi folks -

I'm not around here much these days, but have been following the developments since Heath Ledger's passing.  Regardless of the divergent opinions expressed about his death, each of us has felt a unique connection with and gratitude toward Heath and what he brought into our lives via Ennis Del Mar.

So I am suggesting that we do something born out of that sentiment.  There is tremendous power in thought and feeling.  To have the intention of sending peaceful, loving, powerful vibrations to the soul of Heath Ledger, wherever you believe him to be, is to offer real comfort and solace to someone who is no doubt suffering from confusion, loss and remorse, as we ourselves have.

Everyone is invited to join in a collective moment of silence with the very specific intent of sending those energetic, compassionate thoughts and feelings exactly where they belong (Heath, his family, friends...). We know he passed away sometime on Tuesday, January 22; exactly when is not known, but probably sometime between noon and 3:00 PM.   

This Tuesday will be the 3-week anniversary, so this is an invitation to observe a moment of silence at 3:00 PM ET, this Tuesday, February 12.  You can be on-line, at home, at work - just a simple moment of silence, collectively observed.  Feel free to spend that time in silent contemplation, thought, prayer, meditation... however you choose to create that peaceful intention, and send it to whomever you feel needs it, including yourself.

Another idea, looking a bit further ahead, is to repeat the moment on Heath's birthday. That's less than two months from now, and I'm sure a lot of us will be thinking about him on that day. Maybe a chat would be in order that day, too.

(This idea has been put together with the great input of various moderators, who offered wonderful suggestions, some of which have been quoted directly above - thanks).

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:12:30 am by YaadPyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:28:00 am »
Thanks for this beautiful idea, Celeste.  It's great to see you back here, Friend.   :-*

Here's a lovely mandala you posted way back when.  It may help us get in the mood.  :)

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:01:41 am »
Yap, having you here is a silver lining.  :-*  It's a great idea.  My moment of silence may have to be internal only - Mini-Meno and I are just settling into French class at 3pm on Tuesdays, with kids flying and rolling around us.  Not silent, but Heath would probably have enjoyed the scene.  :)  And some articles say his mother is/was a French teacher.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:53:39 am »
I find it a nice idea.I knew the news,for the timetable difference,very late at night this January 22th.I'll see what time is 3:00 ET in Spain-if someone can tell it to me,I'm be very grateful-and I'll join to it;it'll be good to meditate about everything has passed and will pass in our respective lives at the same time.I'm sure Heath would have enjoyed this. :)
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:38:43 am »
I find it a nice idea.I knew the news,for the timetable difference,very late at night this January 22th.I'll see what time is 3:00 ET in Spain-if someone can tell it to me,I'm be very grateful-and I'll join to it;it'll be good to meditate about everything has passed and will pass in our respective lives at the same time.I'm sure Heath would have enjoyed this. :)

You are in Spain, right? So there is a six hour difference. 3 pm in New York is 9 pm in Spain.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 07:40:07 am »

Hola. 3pm ET is 21 hrs. here.

To Celeste,

Hi! I also think it is a great idea!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:51:08 am »
You are in Spain, right? So there is a six hour difference. 3 pm in New York is 9 pm in Spain.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Hola. 3pm ET is 21 hrs. here.

To Celeste,

Hi! I also think it is a great idea!

Thanks,friends¡Hola,opinionista¡ No matter the time it´ll be,I´ll be there for Heath. :'(
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:52:27 am »
I'll be at a Neil Young concert tomorrow evening. I don't know if 'Old Man' will be on the playlist, but if it is, I'll know who I'll be thinking of.

This song was played at the memorial service in Perth.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:11:38 am »
I'll be nowhere special tomorrow, but my heart and mind will!

Thank you Celeste! So nice to see you here!  :-*

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 01:15:53 pm »
Thanks for organizing this Celeste.  It really is a lovely idea.
 :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie