Author Topic: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)  (Read 17759 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: A Moment of Silence (for Heath and all of us)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 01:14:08 pm »
Here's a web site that converts the time for you:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

That's were I checked. Just wanting to make sure I didn't miscalculate.

I think of a 'moment' as at least a minute, and then for however long you wish...  I don't know that a moment in time correlates specifically to the clock.

I know, I know Celeste! But since it was suggested that during that moment of silence nobody posts, I asked, so that Brokies would know when they'd be 'allowed' to post again..  :-\

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 01:40:22 pm »

...since it was suggested that during that moment of silence nobody posts, I asked, so that Brokies would know when they'd be 'allowed' to post again..  :-\

Hmmmmm - good question.  I'd say a moment on-line will be a minute?  I didn't think about that really, so whatever y'all think is best...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 02:01:31 pm »
So there will be no talking/posting on Bettermost at this time period, I suppose.  Sounds like a good idea. Too bad, there's no bell to ring on Bettermost at 3EST. ..  I guess BBM radio can't do something to this effect?? I always thought the music used in PLATOON was so emotional  in creating a feeling of a terrible terrible sense of loss. The title is ADAGIO FOR STRINGS by Samuel Barber.

RodneyWY played that at our Memorial service for Heath and Jackie in Denver the other day.  It's a deep piece.  And trust me: if you're in the middle of a string orchestra playing it, OMG!!

And Neil Young?  Gawd, I can hardly listen to any ballad of his without tearing up — and that's under good circumstances . . .

Kd, you could make a request on the Bettermost Radio thread.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 02:03:18 pm »
Someone might inadvertently post on BetterMost during the Moment, and if they do, we'll just love 'em and move on.  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 02:14:02 pm »
I love this idea.  There is indeed tremendous power in thought and feeling.  A little less than two hours from now...

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 03:36:10 pm »
Too bad, there's no bell to ring on Bettermost at 3EST. ..  I guess BBM radio can't do something to this effect?? I always thought the music used in PLATOON was so emotional  in creating a feeling of a terrible terrible sense of loss. The title is ADAGIO FOR STRINGS by Samuel Barber.

Unfortunately the radio tie-in isn't possible today.  It's a great idea, and I know Eric , our BBM Radio guru, will look into future opportunities.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 03:51:53 pm »
This is a great idea. Thank you for thinking of it. Ironically enough I just discovered this thread about 5 minutes ago and it is now 10 minutes until 3:00pm EST. Things like that make me wonder about the meaning of a lot of things. I will definitely join in the moment of silence.

Jack

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 04:06:07 pm »
Wow. At first it felt a bit awkward, and then it became very emotional.  :'( :'( :'(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 04:11:59 pm »
Dear Heath I hope you heard our silence. We miss you.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 04:13:23 pm »
Dear Heath I hope you heard our silence. We miss you.

{{{CHRISSI}}}

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.