Author Topic: Is he really gone?  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Is he really gone?
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:15:19 am »
It has just sunk in that he has really gone - it is hard to believe

Like in the story when Jack passes - it was hard to understand it - that he was really gone...

Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Is he really gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:08:47 am »
I know.  Me too.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 05:59:09 am »
Its the realization that hits you at different times, isn't it?

I have just been to the supermarket, and walking through the car park, out of all the number plates I focused on was the one with the letters HEAI passed 50 cars and only focussed on that one number plate.......and as I looked at it, I thought...."he's gone".
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

yb

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:29:55 am »
This question is like a punch in my stomach.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35:40 am »
Obviously, Heath won't be appearing again anywhere except on the big screen. It will be strange to see him in The Dark Knight knowing this is all in the past...No promo appearances, no late night show appearances, etc.  I wasn't even planning on seeing the film.  But I feel I must.

I remember being greatly relieved to see Jake Gyllenhaal on late night tv (maybe Jay Leno) after seeing Brokeback Mountain. It's liked JACK TWIST LIVES again.  Well, it did let you know it was just a movie.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 10:38:08 am »
This question is like a punch in my stomach.

It is isn,t it? I still can,t beleive it, don,t think I will for a long long time yet. 4 weeks already, gone, just like that. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline white_angel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:07:10 am »
He may be gone physically. yes,  but he will continue to live in our hearts. His movies , audios and  photographs  will be the living evidence  to fill our longing hearts.

Heath had his share in this world and  he left an immeasurable treasure of love in each one of us.
Brokeback Mountain is more than enough.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:51:45 pm »
I agree with all of you. It is hard to believe that Heath is really gone. I am still very sad about Heath's passing. It was difficult watching the Oscars knowing that Heath wouldn't be there.  :'(

But he will live in our hearts and in Brokeback Mountain. The hope of ever seeing him in person is forever gone.  :'(

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 12:07:42 am »
I have taken a lot of comfort and even pleasure in seeing movies of Heath that I might not have watched had he not died so suddenly last month - at least not soon!

For anyone who feels they need a 'dose of Heath' I invite you to join our weekly 'Heath Ledger DVD Film Festival' and explore the films Heath made in his brief 28 years here with us.  I didn't think I would want to see some of these but have been very pleasantly surprised, and have enjoyed every minute of seeing Heath fresh on the screen in some of his earliest, most raw film roles, looking for glimpses of the great performance he made as Ennis.

Check it out!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17003.80.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:05 pm »
Thanks Louise for the information about the Heath DVD film festival.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »
Its the realization that hits you at different times, isn't it?

I have just been to the supermarket, and walking through the car park, out of all the number plates I focused on was the one with the letters HEAI passed 50 cars and only focussed on that one number plate.......and as I looked at it, I thought...."he's gone".

I agree,I see a truck and it hits again.or someone in a cowboy hat,silly I know.It realy is like a soccer punch to the guts.All this for someone I did not know personally,but who impacted my life in such an all pervasive way via BBM.
My comfort is that someone who I did not know and who obviously did not know me,has through BBM made me examine some places in my head,which I should have done many years ago.
I am not a big religious person,but I truly hope somewhere,he knows how much good he has done,and is really at peace.