Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26539 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
bettermost's weather station
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:49:25 am »
i thought it'd be neat to start a thread reporting on the weather in the various places we live.  so...maybe throughout the seasons, we can keep updating, and see what everyone's skies are doing all around the world.
what has winter been like where you are?
anyone ever seen the northern lights?
are stars visible where you are at night?  how about smog? bad or okay?
also, just feel free two write in and say what you are doing today.

i'll start:

here in canada, british columbia, on vancouver island it is currently at freezing level.  about 0 degrees at night.  today was about 10 degrees celcius ,(about 50 degrees fehrenheit) with a lot of fog in the morning and sun in the day.  we had snow a couple weeks ago, but the ground is all clear now...and looks like an early spring.  my day consisted of blowing my nose, sneezing, drinking neo citran (damn flu!), and taking my kids to school.
i've seen the northern lights once, and i thought it was the 2nd coming!  very powerfull and amazing to see.
the stars are very visable from where i am because we don't have a lot of city lights blocking it.
the air quality here is quite good, i will say.

okay who's next?????? ::)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:07 am »
East Coast of Australia where I am, was hot and humid today. The air is damp because we have had a lot of rain lately.  Temperature here was 28 deg. celcius which would have been a nice day, but the humidity was about 80%, which is fairly normal for our summers here.

It is just after 8pm here and outside is quite light because we have a full moon, and plenty of stars.

Didn't do a lot today, but went to town and had dinner at the local pub, then went to supermarket for groceries. Hardly bought a thing, because I had a full stomach, and food was the last thing I was interested in buying. Settling down now to watch a bit of TV, while I sit here with my lap top...after I have looked through BM I will play some poker on the net.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:46:26 pm »
omg 80% humidity. wow.  must be sticky huh?
it rains alot here.  and i mean alot!  but, like i said earlier, i think we'll have a nice spring.
28 degrees sounds nice though.  haven't felt that in a while.  our summers usually reach about 35, and i am a summer person.
there's a lot of SADS here.  (seasonal affective disorder) where people get depressed about the lack of sun, and the dreary winters
it's not nice.
i think i'm one of them, and i think i was meant to live in arizona or something.  .....maybe mexico.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:28 pm »
In west Scotkand, Here it has has been bitterly cold but sunny for the last few days...

at night sometimes w can see the startys sometimes not - I live by the sea .. evn where i work in glasgow (biggest city in Scotland) there si very little smog.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:50:34 pm »
Here in Florida, USA it has been very comfortable - temperatures in the upper 70's day and in the 60's at night.  Snow?  I remember snow from when I lived in Connecticut!  There's no snow here in the part of Florida that I live in, athough I believe those in north Florida may get a flurry now and then.  We can definitely see the stars at night if it is clear.  We  haven't had much rain lately though. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:04:10 pm »
Here in Florida, USA it has been very comfortable - temperatures in the upper 70's day and in the 60's at night.  Snow?  I remember snow from when I lived in Connecticut!  There's no snow here in the part of Florida that I live in, athough I believe those in north Florida may get a flurry now and then.  We can definitely see the stars at night if it is clear.  We  haven't had much rain lately though. 

omg i'm jealous!!!!!  catch a tan for me would ya!  right now i look like casper the gohst!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:38 am »
today was really sunny and warm, about 12 d. celcius, and stayed clear enough through the nightfall for me and my girls to watch the lunar eclipse.  very cool.

last year, we were hit very hard by crazy stoms......"killed 40 sheep"!  lol
no, but really, it was bad.   we had floods, and no power for days and days.....but this year we were lucky.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 12:44:14 am »
I'm in Ft. Worth and today it was up to 71 degrees, sunny with a light breeze from the south. The winter has been mild this year with only about 7 nights with the temp falling below freezing. I went to the park today and jogged, and noticed that the early spring plants are beginning to bud out. We may get another freeze next week, but the winter is essentially over.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 12:47:17 am »
well that's good about the winter being over....unless you like the winter.  personally i hate it.  xmas is nice with snow, but other than that, no!  lol
yeah, we've got spring flowers coming up here too.  it's nice to see some life again.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 12:50:28 am »
I like snow during Xmas, I just have to leave TX to see it, ha! DL and I went to NM after Xmas this year and I saw enough snow to last me for a quite a while. It is good to see life returning to the trees and plants. It was great to jog in the sun in my sexy t-shirt and sexier jogging shorts too! DL bought them for me, so I have to believe that they are sexy at any rate.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 02:09:00 am »
alright then! cheers!  i'm all for sexy jogging outfits......and i do believe i've seen jake in some magazines wearing some during a run with ryan philippe.  yum!

anyways, back to topic........i think snow sucks, especially if it rains afterwards.
however, i am anxious to try snowboarding.  we've got great ski mountains here, hence the olympics in vancouver for 2010.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:11 pm »
what a difference a day makes, yesterday the high was in the low 70's with sunshine, today the high was in the 40's and overcast. today I jogged in the park in a sweater. winter is dying slowly.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 12:15:56 am »
well that's good about the winter being over....unless you like the winter.  personally i hate it.  xmas is nice with snow, but other than that, no!  lol
yeah, we've got spring flowers coming up here too.  it's nice to see some life again.

I think of you often, forsythia! Why? Well, I went to the Oriental grocery store the other day and there were some awesome bundles of large forsythia bushes for sale. I caught up one that was about eight ft high, acquired it and stuffed it in my car. Dragged it into my house and plunged it into a large vase of hot water. I set it in the stairwell, a nearly 40 ft tall space with a skylight on top, and now it is blooming like crazy!! Thank you for the inspiration!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 04:40:01 pm »
I think of you often, forsythia! Why? Well, I went to the Oriental grocery store the other day and there were some awesome bundles of large forsythia bushes for sale. I caught up one that was about eight ft high, acquired it and stuffed it in my car. Dragged it into my house and plunged it into a large vase of hot water. I set it in the stairwell, a nearly 40 ft tall space with a skylight on top, and now it is blooming like crazy!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

that's sweet front ranger.  yeah, i liket the flower, but honestly, i got the name from a band i like.  one of their songs is named forsythia, and it's rather a grim song...kinda punk rock music.  but, despite what the songs about, i just liked the name so much.  i think it's pretty.
hope your flowers do well! ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »
bright sunshiny day here in Ft Worth, temp in the 50's, will be warmer this weekend and then another cool front arrives. I noticed the dandelions poking their way up though the soil in the park.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »
today was sunny here on vancouver island, but now it's clouding over.  temp is about 10 or so, celcius...
not bad.  i live in a valley, so we get a whole lot of sea fog, which takes a long time for the sun to burn through.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 07:56:25 pm »
10 degrees celcius? gosh I wish I had taken the metric system to heart back in my college days.  ;)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 08:52:33 pm »
10 degrees celcius? gosh I wish I had taken the metric system to heart back in my college days.  ;)
yeah we canadians quote in metric!  eh!  lol
anyways, i guess that would be about 50 degrees ferinheit....

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
It's 31*F here in AR land, so I guess that would be about -1 Celcius? Whatever -- it's cold because it's damp too. I think I'm getting pneumonia!   :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:56 pm »
It's 31*F here in AR land, so I guess that would be about -1 Celcius? Whatever -- it's cold because it's damp too. I think I'm getting pneumonia!   :P

lol
yes, that sounds about like 0 or -1 degress celcius. 
you just wait 'til it rains guys, 'cause i'll be quoting the rainfall measurements in centimeters! ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:43:32 pm »
it was a sunny beautiful day here in Cowtown, got back from our little adventure at the sci-fi con in Dallas and went directly to the park to jog : shorts,
tshirts and lots of dandelions blooming everywhere. it may have gotten up to 72 or so.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:10 pm »
today I went to jog again in the park, it was sunny and in the low 80's. tonight a cool front will push thru and the temps drop down below freezing tomorrow night.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 11:46:11 pm »
the cold weather returned, it will freeze tonight. I did jog in the park today, but the wind really was cold and I am tired after the run.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:16 am »
wow.  you sure like to jog huh?  today was rainy here.  we're getting a rain storm comin' thru in the next couple days.  it's gonna suck.  it usually rains here though, so i'm used to it.  temp is about 8 degrees.....or i guess high40' low 50's for you.
no sun anytime soon. :(

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 10:14:30 am »
Here in Seattle it's been highs in the low-mid 50's F (11C) and nightly low 40's F (5C).  It seems most mornings start out cloudy and then the sun shines the rest of the day.  I had a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier the other morning on my drive to work - the sun was behind it making it all orange and pink and glowy.

I actually have a terrific commute...in the morning it's first a view of the Olympics if it's clear, then Puget sound to my right, followed by Rainier on days he shows himself.  In the evenings it's the Seattle skyline ahead and to my right.  I'm discounting the ugly warehouses, etc. associated with an active seaport, of course.   ::)

There have been a couple of days of actual rain in the last 6! weeks, but I think the 'It rains all the time in Seattle' is a myth to keep people away.  Mostly it's damp or misty during part of the day.  And it's important to wear layers so you can shed them as the day goes on.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:17 am »
wow.  you sure like to jog huh?  today was rainy here.  we're getting a rain storm comin' thru in the next couple days.  it's gonna suck.  it usually rains here though, so i'm used to it.  temp is about 8 degrees.....or i guess high40' low 50's for you.
no sun anytime soon. :(

yep, a trip to the health club and a jog/walk in the park are necessary for a man my age!

beautiful weather here today, bright sunshine, southerly breezes  and in the 60's alone the jogging trails.

when it rains I don't jog, so I take advantage of the sunshine when it shines.

injest

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:24 am »
Shhhhhhhh, Brokeplex!!

people in Canada dont like to hear that stuff... ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

(I almost had to put on a jacket today...brrrr)

:laugh:

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 01:50:49 am »
well, it gets hot as hell here in July! and I have to head up to the Bitter Roots in Montana to stay alive. maybe that makes 'em fell better, hunh?

injest

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56:20 am »
well, it gets hot as hell here in July! and I have to head up to the Bitter Roots in Montana to stay alive. maybe that makes 'em fell better, hunh?

I thought the same thing...we dont' get that many days like this...let us enjoy it!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 03:00:48 am »
Shhhhhhhh, Brokeplex!!

people in Canada dont like to hear that stuff... ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

(I almost had to put on a jacket today...brrrr)

:laugh:

yes, us folks up here in canada don't like to here that stuff eh!

lol
keep your hot weather problems to yourself!!!!!  lol ;)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 05:32:55 pm »
today is great.  sun is shining and it's about 10 degrees or so.  (50 degrees for you guys  i guess?)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 11:32:01 pm »

yes, us folks up here in canada don't like to here that stuff eh!

lol
keep your hot weather problems to yourself!!!!!  lol ;)

gosh I can't win either way  :o

up north you don't want to hear about the great weather we are having now, and you also don't want to hear me complain about the frying pan that Texas turns into in the summer  ???

guess then I won't tell you about the wonderful jog I had today in the sun, temp about 70, the dandelions are everywhere and some bushes are starting to bud

8)  enjoy your cold weather!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 11:37:01 pm »
The high was in the mid-60s here today in Denver!! We're loving this little break from winter!!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 12:03:37 am »
gosh I can't win either way  :o

up north you don't want to hear about the great weather we are having now, and you also don't want to hear me complain about the frying pan that Texas turns into in the summer  ???

guess then I won't tell you about the wonderful jog I had today in the sun, temp about 70, the dandelions are everywhere and some bushes are starting to bud

8)  enjoy your cold weather!

aw brokeplex.  i was just kidding.  i started this thread to hear about everyone's weather joys and woes.  besides, we need more jogging stories! ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 12:09:44 am »

ok, I feel less guilty now about our good weather.

I have good news, because of the jogging and my new strict diet, I have lost most of the 5 pounds I gained a few weeks back at the Ft Worth stockyard shows! If I can just convince DL to not bring over those salty potato chips and sugary colas! He says he just doesn't like those great colas sweetened with Splenda! I can't tell the diff, but he can.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 02:14:31 am »
ok, I feel less guilty now about our good weather.

I have good news, because of the jogging and my new strict diet, I have lost most of the 5 pounds I gained a few weeks back at the Ft Worth stockyard shows! If I can just convince DL to not bring over those salty potato chips and sugary colas! He says he just doesn't like those great colas sweetened with Splenda! I can't tell the diff, but he can.

yeah, with this good weather coming here, i feel the need to get more in shape too.  i usually work out at home, so hopefully i'll be ready for bikini weather and short shorts!!!!!!  ;D......but i'm not quite there yet :-\

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »
yeah, with this good weather coming here, i feel the need to get more in shape too.  i usually work out at home, so hopefully i'll be ready for bikini weather and short shorts!!!!!!  ;D......but i'm not quite there yet :-\

it was nice here in Ft Worth today.

while I was jogging in the park, a helicopter flew low over the trail and I looked up and on the side of the copter was an Obama logo, and there was a man who looked like the candidate waving. I think that they may have been scouting for locations for a rally as the election is on Tuesday.

;D

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 09:50:24 pm »
it was nice here in Ft Worth today.

while I was jogging in the park, a helicopter flew low over the trail and I looked up and on the side of the copter was an Obama logo, and there was a man who looked like the candidate waving. I think that they may have been scouting for locations for a rally as the election is on Tuesday.

;D

are you an obama supporter?

it rained here today.   poured rain actually.  it sucked.....but i think we'll be having good weather next week. :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2008, 05:26:38 pm »

are you an obama supporter?

it rained here today.   poured rain actually.  it sucked.....but i think we'll be having good weather next week. :)

Really beautiful weather here today, DL and I both went to my fav jogging trail early in the morning. It is supposed to rain and hail here tonight, maybe the same system you suffered thru yesterday.

I was considering voting in the Democratic primary for Obama, just to help block Sen Clinton. But she seems to be cold toast now, so I'll just caucus on the Repub side instead.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2008, 08:27:34 pm »
Really beautiful weather here today, DL and I both went to my fav jogging trail early in the morning. It is supposed to rain and hail here tonight, maybe the same system you suffered thru yesterday.

I was considering voting in the Democratic primary for Obama, just to help block Sen Clinton. But she seems to be cold toast now, so I'll just caucus on the Repub side instead.

ahh.  ...hello brokeplex.  good to see you back reporting sun as usual!  it's sunny here today too, but i napped alot  and missed most of it'cause we're still getting over the flu.  it's around 10 celcius/or 50 degrees f.  which seems to be pretty steady here lately.
so are you going with mcaine?  (spelled wrong i think) but you know what i mean.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 08:36:18 pm »
ahh.  ...hello brokeplex.  good to see you back reporting sun as usual!  it's sunny here today too, but i napped alot  and missed most of it'cause we're still getting over the flu.  it's around 10 celcius/or 50 degrees f.  which seems to be pretty steady here lately.
so are you going with mcaine?  (spelled wrong i think) but you know what i mean.

No sun today, scattered rain in anticipation of a strong cold front that will bring flash floods, hail, and 30 mph winds. no joke, I've pulled the vehicles into the garage, and DL is out at his place fixing up his spoiled horses.

I saw my first Red Bud tree blooming this spring today, bright beautiful purple blossoms, made the dreary day a little better. Sorry that you have had the flu, we have suffered thru that here too, last month.

I will probably vote for McCain in the Fall election, he wasn't my first choice, but he has some good points. Tomorrow is primary election day, and I'll go down to my precinct voting place early and drag DL along with me, I made sure that he was registered to vote this time, he has always managed to dodge my best efforts before.

There have been 20 times the normal number of early voters in the Democratic primary here in Tarrant county. Promises to be an interesting night watching the votes come in here in TX and OH.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 01:53:14 am »
No sun today, scattered rain in anticipation of a strong cold front that will bring flash floods, hail, and 30 mph winds. no joke, I've pulled the vehicles into the garage, and DL is out at his place fixing up his spoiled horses.

I saw my first Red Bud tree blooming this spring today, bright beautiful purple blossoms, made the dreary day a little better. Sorry that you have had the flu, we have suffered thru that here too, last month.

I will probably vote for McCain in the Fall election, he wasn't my first choice, but he has some good points. Tomorrow is primary election day, and I'll go down to my precinct voting place early and drag DL along with me, I made sure that he was registered to vote this time, he has always managed to dodge my best efforts before.

There have been 20 times the normal number of early voters in the Democratic primary here in Tarrant county. Promises to be an interesting night watching the votes come in here in TX and OH.

yeah, i think i like mcCain too, but i'm canadian, so doesn't really matter.
today was rainy, and windy.  about 5 degrees celcius.  not very fun.....but whatever. 
they called for snow here tonight, but it's not cold enough, and just keeps on raining, so i'm gratefull for that at least.
 :-\

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 12:09:35 am »
today we had cold rain, which turned into sleet, which turned into hail, which finally turned into snow. winter redux.

tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's and clear, I'll vote in the morning.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
today we had cold rain, which turned into sleet, which turned into hail, which finally turned into snow. winter redux.

tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's and clear, I'll vote in the morning.

what happened to your sunshine brokeplex???????????????

today was a mix of sun and rain.  kinda cold lately....only about 4 or 5  (about 40 degrees)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:30 am »
a late winter early spring cold front came thru, it happens in this region at this time of the year. in a week it will be back in the 70's and sunshiney, and in two months hot. in four months hot as hell.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 12:31:14 am »
how hot is hot?
we've had it in the low 40's here, which is about 102-104 degrees f.
that's the hottest we've had it.  usually around mid 30's (96 or so)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:59 am »
it gets that hot where you live? 

actually, I should ask, where do you live? I didn't realize that it got that hot anywhere in Canada except maybe as a once of twice occurence in the summer.

The real problem for me with the summers here, is the fact that they just last so long. It will get up into the 90's and stay there starting in May and go up further into the 100's by July and stay that way until after Labor day. the nights are not especially cool either in the summer here, it will dip only down into the 80's thru most of the summer. I get out of town after July 4th, and head up into the mountains in Montana, I stay there until mid Sept or thereabouts. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:56 am »
it gets that hot where you live? 

actually, I should ask, where do you live? I didn't realize that it got that hot anywhere in Canada except maybe as a once of twice occurence in the summer.

The real problem for me with the summers here, is the fact that they just last so long. It will get up into the 90's and stay there starting in May and go up further into the 100's by July and stay that way until after Labor day. the nights are not especially cool either in the summer here, it will dip only down into the 80's thru most of the summer. I get out of town after July 4th, and head up into the mountains in Montana, I stay there until mid Sept or thereabouts. 

yeah we canadians have hot weather too.  i'm going to post a pic of where i live on my new blog soon.  since we're weather freinds, check it out! 
i live on vancouver island, west side, town called PORT ALBERNI.....not sure if it's even on a map! lol
population is about 30,000 or so...which is hard to believe when you're here.  i thought it was about 100.  not sure where everyone is...that's for sure.
anyways, the town is in a valley, so it just roasts here in the summer.  it's usually about 10 degrees hotter than vancouver.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:14 am »
I was up your way a few years back, ended up in Victoria for a day. Really nice place to visit and the weather reminded me of San Francisco. cool and humid.

I'm heading up to Seattle for an event at the Sci Fi museum in Aug while I am in Montana. I think DL will be up as well for a few weeks. And I tried to convince him to take one of those glacier cruises that go out of Vancouver and head up to Juneau, he wasn't much interested. I'll work on him some more. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2008, 01:02:37 am »
I was up your way a few years back, ended up in Victoria for a day. Really nice place to visit and the weather reminded me of San Francisco. cool and humid.

I'm heading up to Seattle for an event at the Sci Fi museum in Aug while I am in Montana. I think DL will be up as well for a few weeks. And I tried to convince him to take one of those glacier cruises that go out of Vancouver and head up to Juneau, he wasn't much interested. I'll work on him some more. 

well, b.c. west coast is definately beautifull.  victoria is nice too. we go there often, when we need to 'have a night out on the town'!  which isn't often 'cause hubby is a little cheap! lol
that's neat you've been here.
in the states, i've been to bellingham washington, hellena montanna, seattle, oregan, california, minnisota, and, i think that's it. 
i haven't travelled many places in canada. ...alberta, and saskatchewan

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2008, 01:04:45 am »
how much does your gasoline cost per gallon where you live?  we just went over $3.00 per gallon here in DFW

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 01:14:31 am »
well, ours is in litres, and it's about $1.11 per litre.....how many litres are in a gallon?  not sure, but the american dollar is about equal to the canadian, so, if you can figure out the conversion....,or i guess i could look it up.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »
I have been to Victoria as well.  It was just lovely!  I especially enjoyed the Butchart Gardens.  And on the same trip I attended a Star Trek convention in Seattle.  :)

On a different trip, I toured the Canadian Rockies and then boarded a ship out of Vancouver and traveled the Alaskan inner passage.  Six years and a lot of destinations later, I recall it as one of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen.  Do go if you can!  I took the photo below while standing on a Canadian glacier.

yes, you're right .....it's a beautiful place to see.  i used to be a camp leader at a youth resort in the princess louisianna inlet, which was also travelled by boat, and have seen many glaciers very close up.  remarkable and breathtaking.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 02:06:58 pm »
And expecially appreciated by a native Floridian (me).  I find glaciers downright exotic and fascinating.  One of the best experiences I have had was on the Alaska trip when we bundled up and canoed on a glacial lake right up close to a glacier.  It was magnificent (if freezing)!

yes.  when you're that close to one, you can see straight down into the water, and just how far it goes down.  facinating!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »
I appreciate the recommendations, I definitely hope to go. Nice and sunny here today, went jogging this morning. Temps in the 60's.  Had a late night last night with the election and all, so I guess this old man will take a nap this afternoon.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 12:51:52 pm »
it's gross here today.  there's so much fog i can't see my own hand infront of my face.
it's cold and raining.
i don't know what the temp is......just cold. :P

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 12:55:46 pm »
stay warm and dry.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 01:01:31 pm »
stay warm and dry.

thanks brokeplex....i intend to! :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 01:02:25 am »
we are supposed to have snow here in DFW again tomorrow, this is really weird weather for N TX at this time of the year.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:37 am »
we are supposed to have snow here in DFW again tomorrow, this is really weird weather for N TX at this time of the year.

i can always count on you to be faithfull to this thread brokeplex!  lol
today ended up very sunny, hence the morning fog.  the sea fog is a good indicator of sun....
so it was about 11 celcius here...
not bad.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2008, 01:11:17 am »
I love meteorology, and also geographical challenges. If everyone participated, we could learn about the local conditions of all the people we correspond with.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2008, 01:13:07 am »
I love meteorology, and also geographical challenges. If everyone participated, we could learn about the local conditions of all the people we correspond with.

yes, but everyone else sucks! :laugh:

just kidding....but i have a feeling i might pay for that one! ::)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 02:17:02 pm »
Hmmm, not sure if I should post here now ... just kidding!

Where I live right now:

73°F
Cloudy
Wind: N at 0 mph
Humidity: 81%

The weather doesn't vary all that much in South Florida.

*Not talking to you now*  :laugh:

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2008, 02:57:53 pm »
We are having a thunderstorm now, and the satellite TV is on the fritz.  Feel any better?

:laugh: a little!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 08:30:13 pm »
snow, hail, and sleet here yesterday. unusually cold weather for North Texas this time of the year. down into the mid 20's tonight, all of the blossoms on the trees will die now and have to start over.

:'(

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 08:36:11 pm »
We are having a thunderstorm now, and the satellite TV is on the fritz.  Feel any better?

what part of florida are you.I am in Sarasota and we had bad thunderstorm last night,looks like we are heading for another one now,I can just hear it start to rumble.My T.V and for some reason microwave go on the blink every time there is a thuner storm.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2008, 10:28:39 am »
Has everybody noticed that the weather for Riverton, Wyoming, and for Childress, Texas alternates on the bottom of the home page? You can also click on some weather links. I especially like the sky watch because it shows the sun going across the sky and then the moon, over a tent. Reminds me of the tent scenes in the movie!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2008, 11:10:10 am »
Arkansas has snow and 24*F this morning!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:01 am »
Has everybody noticed that the weather for Riverton, Wyoming, and for Childress, Texas alternates on the bottom of the home page? You can also click on some weather links. I especially like the sky watch because it shows the sun going across the sky and then the moon, over a tent. Reminds me of the tent scenes in the movie!!

That's a nice feature! It's cold in Childress today!   :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2008, 01:02:36 pm »

I noticed that too. I like that.  :)

I also use the Firefox web browser and the Foxclocks extension that you can set to display the time of a number of locations around the world. With a bit of tweaking (Riverton wasn't listed as an available location, so I had to put in the timezone and longitude/latitude myself), as well as the time for some of my friends around the world I communicate with regularly, I've also added in Riverton.

I also run the 1-ClickWeather extension that displays current details for my home town and forecast information (just in case I can't be bothered to go outside  ;)), but as you can only have one weather location, I also use the ForcastFox extension in another toolbar that's set to Riverton, WY, so wherever I am on the web I can see the time and weather in Riverton.  ;D

screenshot

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 11:44:44 pm »
it's cold here in BC lately.  sunny today, but major wind storms last night and yesterday.  brrrrrr

could be worse though.  i could be in ontario with snow up to my chin! :o

hey brokeplex.....where are you? :-\

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 12:03:45 am »
I'm here, it was in the 70's today and sunny. jogged in the park with DL. should be in the upper 70's tomorrow, spring has sprung.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008, 08:05:49 pm »
toasty today, high 85, sunshine, dry SW winds. I jogged in the park and burned my nose! if will peel tomorrow and the freckles are popped out.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2008, 09:51:14 pm »
toasty today, high 85, sunshine, dry SW winds. I jogged in the park and burned my nose! if will peel tomorrow and the freckles are popped out.

lol
i'm trying to find a nice sunset picture for you to post on my new thread "bettermost's hallmark collection"

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008, 07:39:58 am »
Severe weather warnings for Riverton these past couple of days I've noticed from the Firefox extension I've got installed - 25oF and snow showers at the moment it's showing - about half the temperature of here in the UK. I thought it was a little chilly here (and overcast too), but I'm gonna stop complaining about it now.  :D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2008, 01:10:08 pm »
Sunless.
Rainy.
Gray.
Soggy.
Drizzly.

The morning started out at 55 degrees -- now it's cooled down to 47.

Chilly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2008, 01:32:50 pm »
Anddd today in Toronto:

Sunny.
Chilly but warming up.
Slightly windy.

Somewhere around 2 degrees celcius.

>:( Where are you spring??

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2008, 05:13:30 pm »
We had sunny weather and high temperatures in the 50s to 70s (F) in western Missouri all week. Today it's really depressing: rain, cold, ugh. But the average temperatures are creeping up.

My Mom called from Atlanta a few hours ago and told me that the tornado that struck its Downtown last night severely damaged not only the Georgia Dome but CNN headquarters as well.  Now that's bad weather.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2008, 06:06:55 pm »
Anddd today in Toronto:

Sunny.
Chilly but warming up.
Slightly windy.

Somewhere around 2 degrees celcius.

>:( Where are you spring??

yes, much like here in bc, vancouver island.  a little warmer than 2, more like 8 or 9.  sunny today with clouds.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2008, 07:52:30 pm »
lol
i'm trying to find a nice sunset picture for you to post on my new thread "bettermost's hallmark collection"

;D  find one with pretty daffodils and that will represent the scene in my park right now while they are blooming. and lets use a sunrise picture, never sunset.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2008, 09:02:34 pm »
;D  find one with pretty daffodils and that will represent the scene in my park right now while they are blooming. and lets use a sunrise picture, never sunset.

yes sir!  lol
i'll see what i can find.

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2008, 11:50:46 pm »

There you go. :) That does look springy, doesn't it? Ah, can't wait till we get some nice weather!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2008, 11:51:59 pm »
As for sunrise...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2008, 08:10:34 pm »

There you go. :) That does look springy, doesn't it? Ah, can't wait till we get some nice weather!

Thanks!

oooo-eeee! that is the way my park is looking these days. soon the blue bonnets will appear, I'll see if I can get a pic of that when they bloom !

;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »
As for sunrise...

I just noticed that you are in Canada, you do have a bit of a wait until you get the weather we are having now in N Texas.

By the time your spring arrives, we will be in summer down here. The summer gets so hot here, I retreat into Montana in July, and I've noticed that in the mountains up there, it really is springlike in midJuly.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:45 pm »
flash flood today, I ain't driving nowhere in this rain.