Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26526 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 02:09:00 am »
alright then! cheers!  i'm all for sexy jogging outfits......and i do believe i've seen jake in some magazines wearing some during a run with ryan philippe.  yum!

anyways, back to topic........i think snow sucks, especially if it rains afterwards.
however, i am anxious to try snowboarding.  we've got great ski mountains here, hence the olympics in vancouver for 2010.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 11:35:11 pm »
what a difference a day makes, yesterday the high was in the low 70's with sunshine, today the high was in the 40's and overcast. today I jogged in the park in a sweater. winter is dying slowly.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 12:15:56 am »
well that's good about the winter being over....unless you like the winter.  personally i hate it.  xmas is nice with snow, but other than that, no!  lol
yeah, we've got spring flowers coming up here too.  it's nice to see some life again.

I think of you often, forsythia! Why? Well, I went to the Oriental grocery store the other day and there were some awesome bundles of large forsythia bushes for sale. I caught up one that was about eight ft high, acquired it and stuffed it in my car. Dragged it into my house and plunged it into a large vase of hot water. I set it in the stairwell, a nearly 40 ft tall space with a skylight on top, and now it is blooming like crazy!! Thank you for the inspiration!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 04:40:01 pm »
I think of you often, forsythia! Why? Well, I went to the Oriental grocery store the other day and there were some awesome bundles of large forsythia bushes for sale. I caught up one that was about eight ft high, acquired it and stuffed it in my car. Dragged it into my house and plunged it into a large vase of hot water. I set it in the stairwell, a nearly 40 ft tall space with a skylight on top, and now it is blooming like crazy!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

that's sweet front ranger.  yeah, i liket the flower, but honestly, i got the name from a band i like.  one of their songs is named forsythia, and it's rather a grim song...kinda punk rock music.  but, despite what the songs about, i just liked the name so much.  i think it's pretty.
hope your flowers do well! ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »
bright sunshiny day here in Ft Worth, temp in the 50's, will be warmer this weekend and then another cool front arrives. I noticed the dandelions poking their way up though the soil in the park.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »
today was sunny here on vancouver island, but now it's clouding over.  temp is about 10 or so, celcius...
not bad.  i live in a valley, so we get a whole lot of sea fog, which takes a long time for the sun to burn through.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 07:56:25 pm »
10 degrees celcius? gosh I wish I had taken the metric system to heart back in my college days.  ;)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 08:52:33 pm »
10 degrees celcius? gosh I wish I had taken the metric system to heart back in my college days.  ;)
yeah we canadians quote in metric!  eh!  lol
anyways, i guess that would be about 50 degrees ferinheit....

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 10:02:59 pm »
It's 31*F here in AR land, so I guess that would be about -1 Celcius? Whatever -- it's cold because it's damp too. I think I'm getting pneumonia!   :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:56 pm »
It's 31*F here in AR land, so I guess that would be about -1 Celcius? Whatever -- it's cold because it's damp too. I think I'm getting pneumonia!   :P

lol
yes, that sounds about like 0 or -1 degress celcius. 
you just wait 'til it rains guys, 'cause i'll be quoting the rainfall measurements in centimeters! ;D